The story of happyhealthy's expedition to maintain!

I'm with Lindsey. You look great!

OMG!!!! Lindsey is right, stop with the picture posting already, it's not good for my sensitive eyes!! LOL :D

You look fab! Cannot wait till I can find my waist!! :D

OMG!!!! Lindsey is right, stop with the picture posting already, it's not good for my sensitive eyes!! LOL :D

You look fab! Cannot wait till I can find my waist!! :D

What you mean we are supposed to have waists?!!! Who knew?!

HH - loving the before and after shots I can't wait to have some of those myself although I worry at this sprightly young age of 42 that even if I lose a lot of weight everything else won't be springing back... I am paranoid about the tops of my thighs and my lower belly ... gross!

What you mean we are supposed to have waists?!!! Who knew?!

HH - loving the before and after shots I can't wait to have some of those myself although I worry at this sprightly young age of 42 that even if I lose a lot of weight everything else won't be springing back... I am paranoid about the tops of my thighs and my lower belly ... gross!

the tops of my thighs are already becoming... how do I say it? jelly like?!

Just wanted to say well done and you do look amazing and just like Lyndsey I think Im 60/40...LOL.

Oh and I tried your pizza creation today but used 2 half fat cheese slices, mozzarella, tom puree and pineapple. The whole thing came in at 377 and satisfied both my cheese craving and pizza wantage!!!!!! Most defo omnomnomnom LOL

Wow! You look freaking amazingly slender HH! I'm so impressed! And jealous, your waist is so much more defined than mine! LOL. :D

Oooh, just read further.. Thank you for your really nicve comments... :D I hope I can keep the stupid fat off! I'll keep shredding away! :D

Hi Lucy,

I have just made granola, it was easy peasy and tastes fab!!!

Makes approx 450g (50g serving)
183 cals per serving

200g jumbo oats
30g mixed seeds
30g mixed chopped nuts
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g runny honey
60g dried fruit

Preheat oven to 150/130 fan

Stir together oats, seeds and nuts in a large bowl.
Mix oil, honey and vanilla together in a jug. Add oill first so honet doesn't stick.
Pour honey mixture over oats and mix well, making sure every oat is coated in the honey mixture.
Spread mixture over a large non stick tray, and bake for 10 min.
Remove from oven, add dried fruit and mix well. Put back in oven for further 10 mins.
Remove from oven and scrape oats from the side of the tray into the middle, so everything browns evenly. Put in oven for a further 10 mins.
Remove from oven and leave to cool completley.
Stores for up to 1 month.

Yum yum :D

Tried posting a piccy, but my stupid computer and phone won't connect and I can't be bothered to find cables!!

Thanks for the compliments everyone and the recipe squeeze - I'll try it out as soon as I get my hands on some mixed seeds :D

I'm heading to Wetherspoons and like any good CC'er, I've already chosen what I'm going to have.
The five bean chilli jacket potato looks lovely: Butter, kidney, haricot, cannellini and pinto beans, bulgar wheat, Quorn mince and peppers, in a rich tomato sauce, with tortilla chips and yellow basmati rice. After holding the butter and the salad dressing, It's 500 calories and is less than 5% fat. Not too shabby eh? ;)

As lots of you know, I'm doing the dreaded first steps of maintenance now which involved upping my calories from 'losing weight level' of 1200 to 1700, my supposed maintenance level. I can't tell you how scary it is. It's the complete opposite for what I've been doing for the past 7 months. You've just got to hope that your metabolism speeds up and adapts to the change without changing all the extra calories straight into fat. There is a catch-22 situation though: if you up your cals too quickly, you will gain excess weight, however if you up them too slowly then you will continue to lose weight. The former may seem like the better option to some but at 8 stone and BMI 20.5, I really don't want to get any slimmer. It also doesn't help that I'm only 5'2 so even if I only lose another 2lb then it will show and I know I'll be too skinny for my liking then. But then if I up them too quickly, I'll get the dreaded weight re-gain of weight that I worked my ass off to lose. The trick is to find the right balance, the right rate of upping calories and it's just going to be trail and error. But I will get this shizzllleee done! :D

Hope you're all having a lovely day!

P.S. Someone has uploaded the movie 'supersize me' to youtube. Ok, it's illegal to upload but it's not illegal to watch! It's all about a man who ate nothing but McDonalds for a month and the things it did to his body. I would highly recommend a watch before youtube finds it and pulls it down!

Good luck with the maintenance diet. It sounds really complicated but luckily I'm still a way off having to worry about that yet! Lol!!

Hey you,

maintaining sounds hard, and I'm not going to pretend hun, I think it will be hard. You can do it though. Deep down you know you can :D

You is fab!!!

The jacket potato sounds amazing, let us know how it was!!

Keep up the good work Lucy, you are doing great xxx

Thanks Fiona and squeezy. I think I seem so self indulgent though. I'm like "wooo look at me, my only problem is that I don't want to lose any more weight" while good people like yourseleves are still working towards goal- so I'm really sorry if it comes across that way.

When I was bigger I used to hate it when healthy weight people complained about their weight problems! Now I'm one of them lol!

Good luck with maintenance Lucy

It really sounds hard to get the right balance but I am sure you will get it right x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks chums! It means a lot! At least when you all come to maintaining I'll be able to pass on some tips to save you the stress lol!

Don't be ridiculous, you have every right to feel a bit overwhelmed about maintaining!
I know that you have been in the same situation with your weight, so moan ahead. Thats what we are here for! :D

Back