The superfree debate...............

I know I could or rather used to, eat loads of pasta or rice. S W used to say, pile your plate high. Now they say eat until youre just full which is much more sensible. I am starting to listen to my tum and not be such a greedy little piggy and I feel better for it too. :)

Hi Debringer.

I'd like your superfree soup recipe if you don't mind. I always like to know what others are cooking and enjoying.

soapy x

I've seem two consultants - one only explained EE and then said it doesn't matter about the 1/3 aslong as you are getting your 5 a day. The other really pushes for 1/3, if it's not 1/3 your not food optimising. I do go with the latter as much as possible (I only do EE) but there are a few meals throughout the week where I do find it difficult.

Hi Debringer.

I'd like your superfree soup recipe if you don't mind. I always like to know what others are cooking and enjoying.

soapy x

You know what..... It really depends what I have lurking about, just veg and stock cubes, salt, pepper & herbs to taste...... the one I have at the moment is a bag of frozen casserole veg (onion, carrot, celery, swede, turnip) boiled up with some stock cubes, then I blitz it 'cos I like thick soups....
another is really thinly sliced onions, in beef oxo cook until the onion is soft, easy SW version of French Onion, I once 'fried' in frylight some croutons from my bread HEB - that one I leave un-blitzed,
I've done a bag of frozen carrots, green beans, I also did a broccoli & cauliflower, anything really - the advantage with frozen veg is you can just make enough for one or 2 servings

I've seem two consultants - one only explained EE and then said it doesn't matter about the 1/3 aslong as you are getting your 5 a day. The other really pushes for 1/3, if it's not 1/3 your not food optimising. I do go with the latter as much as possible (I only do EE) but there are a few meals throughout the week where I do find it difficult.

And in all fairness - weeks when I have done EE all week and have made sure 100% that I have has that third - then the weight does come off better x

Thanks Deb. I'll give it a go. And sorry I mis-spelled your name earlier.

soapy x

I eat a lot of meals that have no superfree in them, or very little superfree. I make up for it by having like a banana and an apple for my lunch with a muller light, and some other fruit later, mostly melon. I feel that balances it all out nicely.

Omg, I didn't know you didn't have to have 1/3 sf per meal on red and green days. I've been really struggling to and the 3rd on these plans. I'm a bit clearer about this now thank you x

I'm not sure if I can add links to other sites but there's a very good item on the slimmingeats website. Let me know if I'm ok to add it.

I guess the crux of the matter is as long as you're happy with your weight loss keep on doing what you're doing ...... If not look at the 1/3 rule on red/green days Remember its not a diet, we're making changes for life so it shouldn't be impossible to follow :)

I guess the crux of the matter is as long as you're happy with your weight loss keep on doing what you're doing ...... If not look at the 1/3 rule on red/green days Remember its not a diet, we're making changes for life so it shouldn't be impossible to follow :)

Hope your wedding went well and dress fitted nicely.

soapy x

At my group we have two lady figures (drawing), one is red and the other is green and it has, say, hea for an arm and hebs for legs and so on, with suggestions of what to have and they both have 1/3rd superfree sections on them too. I suppose it is how to do the plan 100%, a lot of people do the plan 70-80%. like ducatibabe said it needs to be changes for life rather than a diet so it does need to fit in with your lifestyle.

Also HI GILL!! (it's Fran Apolon)

Some weeks I follow the plan to the T and others I don't. Some meals I don't have any superfree. I know I am not following the plan 100% but it works for me. This is a lifestyle change for me rather than a diet plan. I always have my 5 a day but not always with my meals. Some meals are just better without it or I am not able to add it due to my 12,5hr shifts. I think people stress too much over this plan sometimes. It is what it is. It works. How much it works is up to you, stick to plan 100% and get your maximum loses. Stick to it 80% and only get 80% of your maximum loss. Were all able to make decisions on how we follow the plan, at the end of the day the plan is a guide, but results will vary.

Some weeks I follow the plan to the T and others I don't. Some meals I don't have any superfree. I know I am not following the plan 100% but it works for me. This is a lifestyle change for me rather than a diet plan. I always have my 5 a day but not always with my meals. Some meals are just better without it or I am not able to add it due to my 12,5hr shifts. I think people stress too much over this plan sometimes. It is what it is. It works. How much it works is up to you, stick to plan 100% and get your maximum loses. Stick to it 80% and only get 80% of your maximum loss. Were all able to make decisions on how we follow the plan, at the end of the day the plan is a guide, but results will vary.

Totally agree. I do extra easy, but sometimes I don't have 1/3 superfree and I don't stress about it. Some meals just don't suit having it, and I'm not going to eat fruit for the sake of it! To be fair, I don't have huge portions of anything anyway, so over-eating in that respect isn't an issue for me. I think I also counter-balance it, as I only have fruit and yoghurt for breakfast, and often have a salad for lunch. As long as the weight is coming off, I'm not going to worry about it!

Am writing this thread after reading another similar one.

I know that we are meant to have a third of superfree with all EE meals and there is an endless debate about how to have it - some consultants say it has to be with the meal, some say it can be taken in the form of fruit before the meal etc etc.

BUT .....................we had a visiting consultant a couple of weeks ago and she said that we have to have a third of superfree with ALL meals on ALL plans!!!!

This consultant is lovely but ever so strict so am not sure if this is official or whether she is just being over zealoius!

Any ideas?

Mine also says have superfree with all meals on all plans - I have a small issue with some things.... we are told we MUST have fruit on our breakfast cereal... why? I like weetabix on their own, why do I need to add 100 calories with a banana (for example)...I like poached eggs on toast.. why do I need to add mushrooms or tomatoes?

When I have a meal I always try to include a third superfree, whether it's as an ingredient or a side salad or vegetables, what I won't do is have fruit as an extra because I haven't had superfree - it is just that, an extra.

What I'm trying to say is that I try very hard to include superfree in most meals, but I won't have it as an extra for the sake of it!

U have to because the fruit and or veg actually helps to digest what u just ate eg weetebix. The banana will send it on its way lol

That's not the reason for superfree though... the superfree is to balance out the meals and eat more of the lower calorie density foods rather than the higher free foods. Adding a banana doesn't reduce the amount of weetabix I eat!

Back