The Things People Say?

I already complimented a few friends with comments like this and they were true compliments. I have a few friends dieting and when I notice their losses I compliment them, I thought I was doing the right thing?!

Hun, I think your mum was really just trying to congratulate your for your achievements :)

:giggle: Yeah but it was kinda a back-handed compliment. I was left thinking of the huge journey I had ahead instead of a feeling of achievement of how far I'd come!!! She meant well - even my dad rolled his eyes in dispair at her!!! ;)

xx

:giggle: Yeah but it was kinda a back-handed compliment. I was left thinking of the huge journey I had ahead instead of a feeling of achievement of how far I'd come!!! She meant well - even my dad rolled his eyes in dispair at her!!! ;)

xx

I'm picturing the scene on my head, so yes I understand what you mean. Usually people really mean well, however sometimes the words they chose aren't the best. Anyway, she was basically telling you the good changes she saw, it's the same as saying you're doing great on your journey;) It's your mum's way to say that you're doing a great job and whatever it is it's working and showing.

Families are awkard sometimes when they make their points, don't worry I think it's more usual than not :p

Listen to this my partner was big... Big but totally gorgeous to me... Anyway we started working out and supporting each other... 5 stones lighter he sees his gran for first time in years.... I say do you think he looks well done great hasn't he.... She replies... Mmm ... Better but room for improvement cos he's still a big un...! Lol... Bless him we all laughed but again left him thinking about the last 5 stones not the 5 he has just lost..! Got to love the oldies hey :) x

I love it!

The first time I ever realised I wasn't a skinny little kid anymore was when an old relative of mine commented that I'd put on weight - not that it was much - just a bit of puberty pudge - but i'll remember it forever!

People really have to be so careful what they say! I wonder could i justifiably blame her for my subsequent downfall???

Lol.... My ex called me an f.... ing fat whale most days for years... Was a good 16/18 but never bothered me... I left him needless to say... 18 years on I have massive weight issues .... Mentally .. A 14 now and sexy I'm told daily by my man... But still never believe I'm thin enough... Sad hey if only they knew the damage they cause! X

Lol.... My ex called me an f.... ing fat whale most days for years... Was a good 16/18 but never bothered me... I left him needless to say... 18 years on I have massive weight issues .... Mentally .. A 14 now and sexy I'm told daily by my man... But still never believe I'm thin enough... Sad hey if only they knew the damage they cause! X

Oh hun, your ex was so verbally abusive. I'm glad you had the strenght to left that *******!

Trust your current man, he sounds like a caring person;) That must be awsome having a SO who tels you're sexy everyday :)

Lol - aren't they all.

You know I was just thinking today that even though I know I look very different to what i did a year or so ago, I still feel like a heifer. Probably more so because losing weight is constantly on my mind. So it's very hard to look in the mirror sometimes and see the huge changes in yourself and how utterly fantastic you look. Good job you have someone around to tell you. Now you just have to start to believe him.

My dad (who's not skinny) told me tonight I'd totally transformed myself. Which is mad because usually his comments are quite backhanded but i think this was a real and proper one! Yey!

Awesome... Oh I see the changes .. A smaller version of the saggy skin tummy... Lol... Ok with clothes on though...and off according to him ;-) x

I wish I were tiny! Still a stone to go. Though I'm sure when i was 11 and a half stones I'd have settled for 10!

Oh I'm only 5'4"! Would love an extra couple of inches so I had more space for all the food!

Oh I'm only 5'4"! Would love an extra couple of inches so I had more space for all the food!

Haha, sometimes I wonder the same thing :p

(I'm 5'2 by the way)

I've already had one man say to me "I had no idea you were so attractive"

I stuck my nose in the air and told him if he didn't like me before he sure as hell wouldn't like me now :)

My Aunt once said wow what have you been up to swallowed a bike pump!!!!

Needless to say i didnt feel great about myself and still dont!

Just got whispered about me but I could hear "lovely face shame about the body" Grrrrr......

And said by my boss to a girl working with me. If I was that big id top myself. Evil cow. I hope karma bites her in the a**

wow, if i overheard my boss say that id confront him/her, report the comment to someone higher!
your boss had no right to say that about you, evil twunt

Back