The Things People Say?

:( my boss can be like that at times. working in a factory aswell we all know what a cow she can be, shes been seen giving dirty looks to people when they are walking away from her desk, and calling people stupid. i complained to her thinking shes in charge, she can do something about it and she said it was childish and it wasnt. when someones talking so much, they wont shut up, and have given you a thumping headache so bad you physically cant work thats being childish!

you show em, maybe karma will make them gain lots of weight so they know how you feel over hearing things like that

Some people are really quite nasty, and don't understand how such unkind comments can affect your confidence permanently :( It seems overweight people are 'easy pickings' for skinny people to attack, being overweight is the ultimate sin in society these days!

My dad once said to me, ''if you lost some weight you'd be as pretty or even prettier than your sister you know'' :( *sigh* - Doesn't matter that my sister is an absolutely awful person but hey what does my personality count for anyway as long as I'm a 'fatty' I have no feelings and I'm not a human.

Bobbina said:
as long as I'm a 'fatty' I have no feelings and I'm not a human.

That is so true! For some reason many people seem to think "fat" people have no feelings & are easy targets for abuse & ridicule! I remember every comment ever said to me about my weight, ranging from friends & family with their "you would be so pretty if u lost weight" etc etc etc to random strangers shouting "oi fat b**ch at me in the street!

Every comment feels like a knife, but true to form I stick on a happy, bubbly, fat girl smile & pretend I don't care... Maybe that's the problem? I dunno

Still like many of u have said, I'd rather be packing a few extra lbs (or stones in my case) and have my personality, than be a teeny tiny stick insect with the personality of a dung beetle (no offence to dung beetles lol)

Ccxx

CeeCee, like you I remember every single hurtful comment anyone has ever said to me. I'm so shy and coming out of my shell is so hard because I have so little confidence because of such nasty comments. Even my sister and closest ex friends have been so awful to me :( It's weird I can remember their faces, what they were wearing and everything when the nasty comments were made, everytime I think of a nasty comment I feel sick and want to cry. A couple of months ago, a group of people when I was on the metro started shouting abuse at me for like an hour calling me 'dog' 'ugly' and 'fat b*****d*''. I'd done absolutely nothing to them, I tried to look away and show them I wasn't bothered but I was dying inside. I've avoided going on the metro ever since and I worry every time I go out alone incase someone says something hurtful.

I'm a genuinely really nice, kind, friendly person and would do anything for anyone but I'm so shy and reserved now because people think it's okay to abuse me because of how I look. People have just discarded me because of my weight and I know this, at uni people used to go out dressed to the nines without asking me, so I ended up feeling depressed at uni :( meh. I have no friends because they've all buggered off to other unis so I'm all lonely now, but hopefully when I lose some weight I will get some confidence to go out and join a club maybe? :D

:( Bobbina if you weren't living in Newcastle but closer to me, I would come around and give you a big hug... :grouphugg:it's great that you're now losing weight so that you can become stronger psychologically and look at those people who offended you straight in the eye. Believe me, I know what you mean I've been always the fat one all my life and now I feel much better with myself and stronger... you too can do it! I know you can! xx good luck :heartpump:

OlliesDolly said:
@gina b. I work in a factory so when I approached my personnel manager she said it wasn't said to me so there isn't much she could do!!! But as I explained to her it was defo aimed at me. I passed the line we work on and she said it in a split second to my workmates, no one else in the room. Oh the cow. When I'm lovely and slim I'll rub it in her face. I can change my appearance, she however can change that rotten personality :eek:

Awesome...... Go girl ! X

Honestly you could scream couldn't you at people who have no idea how much their words hurt....! We should make a pact..... To great everyone we meet how we want to be treated..... With respect and empathy x

Bobbina I just read everything you shared with us and you didn't deserve any single word that mean people said to you.

This is a support forum, so feel free to come here whenever you want because we all are here for the same reason: support and being supported during our journey, be it maintenance, weight loss, self confidence boost, etc.

Focus on people and relationships that are worth;)

*hugs* and good luck for your journey, we all can make it work :)

My God,

I'm so angry and so sad reading some of your stories. I hate that people think it's ok to talk like that to or about someone who's a bit overweight. Who needs enemies hey?

My God,

I'm so angry and so sad reading some of your stories. I hate that people think it's ok to talk like that to or about someone who's a bit overweight. Who needs enemies hey?

So true. Sometimes people just aren't human. Fortunatelly there are also plenty good human beings out there (like the great supportive people of minimins) who know how to properlly support others and those are the only ones who deserve being listened to.

xx

before i lost any weight i used to get them comments from my dad, just little things like
"your face looks chubby"
"oooooh how big is your stomach?!"
"you'll get fatter if you eat that....."

frustrated me so much
he critised me for being lazy, eating junk and not working out.

now he thinks i do too much and eat too healthy.

i cant win!!

My other half is lovely and supportive, he had a lot of problems with his weight when he was a teenager, so he's understanding.
My nana is the worst one (in the nicest possible way). She lives abroad, so I only see her a few times a year. At christmas she said "Look at your bottom! It's getting far too big, how will you ever lose that?!" Yeah, cheers. :D
Having said that, she was the woman who phoned me the day before my 30th b-day and said "Well, now you are almost 30 - I guess this is it, you'll never get married (again), just stay single" Yeah, cheers. Met my husband 10 months later and we are now in our 7th year of marriage. :p
I know she means to cause no upset with her comments, she really is a lovely and kind-hearted person, however, she is sooo direct and the truth sometimes hurts (a bit). Just more motivation for me to stick to my targets. :)

"No wonder your feeling depressed, maybe if you lost weight you'd feel beter".

That is awful, my doctor tries to blame eveything on my weight but that just takes it to a new extreem!

Oh I'm the opposite ... If someone told me to lose weight think I would eat just to prove a point... Sorry but I'm stubborn and I don't like being dictated to .. X

Sound exactly like me - I'd be so angry I'd eat about two tubs of Ben and Jerry's to make myself feel better!

Bobbina said:
CeeCee, like you I remember every single hurtful comment anyone has ever said to me. I'm so shy and coming out of my shell is so hard because I have so little confidence because of such nasty comments. Even my sister and closest ex friends have been so awful to me :( It's weird I can remember their faces, what they were wearing and everything when the nasty comments were made, everytime I think of a nasty comment I feel sick and want to cry. A couple of months ago, a group of people when I was on the metro started shouting abuse at me for like an hour calling me 'dog' 'ugly' and 'fat b*****d*''. I'd done absolutely nothing to them, I tried to look away and show them I wasn't bothered but I was dying inside. I've avoided going on the metro ever since and I worry every time I go out alone incase someone says something hurtful.

I'm a genuinely really nice, kind, friendly person and would do anything for anyone but I'm so shy and reserved now because people think it's okay to abuse me because of how I look. People have just discarded me because of my weight and I know this, at uni people used to go out dressed to the nines without asking me, so I ended up feeling depressed at uni :( meh. I have no friends because they've all buggered off to other unis so I'm all lonely now, but hopefully when I lose some weight I will get some confidence to go out and join a club maybe? :D

If u was closer to me i would hang out with u xc

cat_1977 said:
Sound exactly like me - I'd be so angry I'd eat about two tubs of Ben and Jerry's to make myself feel better!

Lol......Or 3...... I don't do you can't.... Because you know what.... I can...lol...x

Back