The Things People Say?

Thanks Gina! What is it with mates nicking clothes?? Terrible! It'll take me a while, but now I am determined to get there.

they wernt even particulary expensive or fancy either, jsuat basic pair of cheap jeans and plain tshirt! its just the fact she stole them thas annoying!

Im sorry that people have treated you both this way, i find it shocking and disgraceful that people think they can treat others like this whatever happened to girls sticking together!!!!
I do think jealousy is the main reason though you can both do this and show those cows!!!!
Paula xx

I agree, there's more to it than borrowing the skirt, no matter how great it is.
Her behaviour since certainly points to her being jealous and trying to undermine you.
Just because you've know her for a decade doesn't necesarily mean she's a loyal friend. I've experienced "fat friend syndrome" too.
You're okay as a fat friend, but if you start to look like competition -:kitty:
Use this experience to motivate you to get to whatever size you want and buy a better skirt.
Sometimes silence is more powerful than answering back.

I agree, there's more to it than borrowing the skirt, no matter how great it is.
Her behaviour since certainly points to her being jealous and trying to undermine you.
Just because you've know her for a decade doesn't necesarily mean she's a loyal friend. I've experienced "fat friend syndrome" too.
You're okay as a fat friend, but if you start to look like competition -:kitty:
Use this experience to motivate you to get to whatever size you want and buy a better skirt.
Sometimes silence is more powerful than answering back.
Your pics are fantastic. Well done you:cool:

Most of my mini friends are really supporting me on my journey, but they keep saying stupid things like if you lose 5 more stone there will be nothing left of you... er yes there will... in fact there will still be 10 1/2 stone left of me, you weigh 8 stone and clearly you still exist.

I have a friend who is also doing SW she has lost a stone I think and is now 9st 5 or 6 lbs and wants to get to 8st 7lbs anyway I said I wanted to loose 7 stone (ish) before getting married and she said really shocked with me "that is an awful lot of weight to loose do you think you will manage" I must say I was put out by her comments and a little hurt at the lack of support.

But my sister in law did say the other day that she had told her teenage daughter if you want to loose weight it really doesn't matter what you eat as long as you get off your bum and get some exercise I'm sorry but I think it does matter a takeway everyday will undo any amount of exercise you do.

It is a lot.... But I think it's great that you know what you want and how much it will change your life ... Don't let people's negativity affect you... Most of it stems from jealousy x

My most recent unhelpful comment - from a 'close friend'. She reported that her daughter, who is 9, doesn't like me so much now I am slimmer. It leaves me wondering who it is that 'doesn't like me so much' now I am slimmer.

I remember when I was about 12 or something my uncle said I was getting beefy. For the next 2 years I ate vitually nothing as I was that mortified.

Same uncle (i'm 29 now) at my mam's 60th party last year said to his wife whilst looking at me "god she's getting bigger" very loudly as he's deaf. I had also just lost a baby less than a month before so wasn't exactly feeling great. Wonder why I don't go to their house anymore?! I always thought that once I lost weight I would love to see their faces, now I think that they are just such toxic people that I don't want to see them again even when I reach my goal.

coke: that was just harsh of him to say!
if any of my freidns got bigger i wouldnt dream of saying anything to them about it, its just not right :/

Scottish Bride,
Your friend sounds jealous because you're a strong woman in a long journey and you don't give up no matter how much you have to lose. You deserve to be congratulated and supported for your choice and strenght to become healthier.
x

lass321,
That sounds like another case of jealousy. You're doing what's right, if something you're inspiring her daughter on an healthier lifestyle.

cokes,
Your uncle sounds like such an insensitive person. Please don't talk to him more than needed, he's toxic and mean.
I'm sorry you lost your baby hun, I have a frind of m,ine who lost a baby 3 weeks ago and I've been seeing it isn't easy at all to overcome these events:hug99:

gina_b,
I think that I would say something if a close friend of mine started to get into a dangerous weight. I think that friends are caring and they can and have to say something in a caring, understanding way. I would offer my support and tell my friend I would be there if she/he would want to talk about anything. I would be the same person to her/him I ever was, no matther his/her weight.

xx

What I find difficult to swallow, is when the nurse at my clinic tells me I should lighter when she herself is twice as big! And she says it with no hint of embarrassment at all. That's just hypocritical in my opinion. Still I suppose it's the same as doctors smoking.....

I love this thread! I have heard so many of these before - the one that annoys me the most is definitely the skinny friend saying "Stop losing weight, you'll be far too thin if you lose more" - er, no, I won't, and the BMI charts agree with me!

The last time I lost loads of weight I was a teenager, and I rocked up to a friends house and her mother said to me "oh look, you've lost so much weight... are you going to keep it off?" - not so much an offensive question as a really annoying one, who on earth loses weight and plans to put it back on again?! Then to make matters worse, another friend showed up and said "Oh look how thin you are, you used to be really fat", so I just muttered something about "Oh thanks, and I'm going to ignore the fat comment" and he replied with "No, I really mean it, you weren't just fat, you were FAT, I mean really really really huge". I like to think he meant it as a compliment because he was saying I had lost it all, but the way he kept trying to get his point across did make me want to curl up in a ball and cry.

My friend and I started our weight loss journey at the same time, although she has stalled and started to put weight back on. She is obsessive about asking when I will 'stop'. I don't want to stop until I'm in the healthy BMI range but she keeps saying 'God if you lose another stone you will be tiny, way too small'. I'm pretty certain she just wants me to plateau so she can catch me up......

Morrigan said:
My friend and I started our weight loss journey at the same time, although she has stalled and started to put weight back on. She is obsessive about asking when I will 'stop'. I don't want to stop until I'm in the healthy BMI range but she keeps saying 'God if you lose another stone you will be tiny, way too small'. I'm pretty certain she just wants me to plateau so she can catch me up......

She definitely does !! X

Back