The Things People Say?

i hate people sometimes.

ive worked really hard to achieve what i have, yet walking down my mates flat last night a group of guys walking opposite me on the other side of the street and they yell out "jelly legs" and "fat" at me. there was no one else around so it was obviously aimed at me :(
if im so 'fat' then why do i wear a size 4/6 on top, and a 6/8 on the bottom?! *sigh*
i hope karma bites his ass so bad he cant sit down for a month

Don't worry Gina, they are clearly unintelligent prats. People like that tend to fling random insults without any thought whatsoever, and understandably you felt upset because of your previous struggles with weight *hug* But their type shout any words; slander without any inherent meaning really. You've worked so hard to be where you are. They...they have proved themselves to be nothing but their egos xx

the fact they shouted it from across the road too, in a gang. that to me is wimpy! would they have said it to my face? i bet not

i dont like people like that, all hard and tough in groups but if they were on their own they wouldnt be that way

True indeed, their type disgusts me. They think they're all that, but individually they've not got enough personality to spread on toast :p
Just one glance at your siggie tells me you've done so much to be proud of, while they're just shouting at people alone outside of flats. I think we all know who wins here ;)

it makes you think though, the amount of women who think they are fat when they arnt, these types are to blame!

this group were all doing the typical male thing, and walking round with their hand down their pants too. why do guys do this so much? keep it to your own privacy lads!!

Eww gross D: Is it so tiny they have to check its there every few mins? haha
Yeah, I think I'm inclined to agree, I've been made to feel like a criminal before for walking out of the shop with a bag of food! Some punks whispered 'get ready' then started laughing all at once like they'd choreographed it. How precious! :p At the time I felt bad but now, I realise they're just pathetic. :D

i always get comments on my shopping even in supermarkets. execpt its always "wheres your food then?" i tend to buy in just healthy stuff, people think its wierd. little groups just annoy me when they comment like that

unfortunatly, i look very quiet and timid, but i have a big mouth so i tend to say something back to them. oops...

Never mind oops, if someone is rude even unthinkingly then they deserve whatever you choose to give them! Lol!! Go get um tiger ROWRR!

my worst comment was a few years ago at a family BBQ.
Now my family are a bunch of p**s takers and we do tend to poke fun at each other.
however at this particular time i had put weight on, but my sister was an anorexic. I walked in to the room and the comment was " a up, Steph's ate Lisa ".
WOW - That stung! (still stings actually :cry: ) Lol!

Yeah exactly! Who are they to just butt in and comment on your purchases? Its not their life, health or money. They should butt off!! :p

Edit: Ouch, poor Weller :( I'm sure they were just messing about (hugs)

I got once "you must be fussy with your food"! I wish!:D

weller1 said:
my worst comment was a few years ago at a family BBQ.
Now my family are a bunch of p**s takers and we do tend to poke fun at each other.
however at this particular time i had put weight on, but my sister was an anorexic. I walked in to the room and the comment was " a up, Steph's ate Lisa ".
WOW - That stung! (still stings actually :cry: ) Lol!

That was truly nasty, how insensitive.

OMG, great thread! :)

"Don't lose anymore or you'll be ill" (Still had overweight BMI then too! lol)

"Oh, what's you're goal weight then? 9 1/2 stone?! :eek: That's too thin!!!" (my healthy weight for my height is between 8st 10lbs - 10st 8lbs so I think 9 1/2 is ok!)

" .......in 99.99% of the case, someone with a BMI over 40 usually sits at home shoveling down biscuits....." (yes really.....someone on this forum said that but not sure if they are a mini or not. Doesn't really matter though. )

Lastly, my favourite and a classic..... "No, honestly, you really don't need to lose weight. You look great as you are".
"But I'm practically 18 stone and a size 22!"
"Oh! Are you? (as if it is true shock) Well, just walk 30 minutes a day - that's what I do". :D *sigh and roll eyes*.

I do avoid going to see the practice nurse now because she can be a bit patronising, my doctor's OK though. He tends to stick to whatever I want to talk about - so no weighty chats with him for me!

Lastly, my favourite and a classic..... "No, honestly, you really don't need to lose weight. You look great as you are".
"But I'm practically 18 stone and a size 22!"
"Oh! Are you? (as if it is true shock) Well, just walk 30 minutes a day - that's what I do". :D *sigh and roll eyes*.

Oh my goodness, this is my absolute favourite! I've had this so many times as well, then I'd point out that I always walked to and from work every day (about 30 mins each way, in most cases I was far more active than the person who was telling me to be more active) even when I was obese and I'd just get a confused look and some rediculous comment like "Well you should stop worrying about your weight then because you're obviously quite fit"

I thought I'd resurrect this post and see if there are any new ones. I know that the title of the thread could be offensive to slim people - sorry if offends you, really not intended to, I have to say I haven't had any negative comments from anyone for a while; slim or not so slim.

Love this thread!

My first serious Boyfriend was a pilot in the RAF and he used to say that his job just couldnt allow him to have a fat girlfriend. And that the military way was simple, eat less and exercise daily until you are sick (that way you know you have pushed yourself to the max!)

My dad, keeps saying to me "ooooh katie i think you're loosing weight! Well done!! Just another 7 or 8 stone to go!!" No dad if i lost 8 stone from what i am now i would be 7st something and i'm pretty sure that would be not very nice!! He thinks he is being supportive but talk about impossible goals! haha

My sister also went from a size 18 to a size 12 in 4 weeks "just by doing a little walking" This was 4 years ago and she is only just creeping up back to a size 16! turns out this "little bit of walking" was actually not eating for a month, TONNES of physical exercise and some very dodgy slimming pills from thailand!!

Ah well... When i'm slim i am determined not to be a douchebag to those who are struggling like i am right now!!

Love this thread!

My first serious Boyfriend was a pilot in the RAF and he used to say that his job just couldnt allow him to have a fat girlfriend. And that the military way was simple, eat less and exercise daily until you are sick (that way you know you have pushed yourself to the max!)

My dad, keeps saying to me "ooooh katie i think you're loosing weight! Well done!! Just another 7 or 8 stone to go!!" No dad if i lost 8 stone from what i am now i would be 7st something and i'm pretty sure that would be not very nice!! He thinks he is being supportive but talk about impossible goals! haha

My sister also went from a size 18 to a size 12 in 4 weeks "just by doing a little walking" This was 4 years ago and she is only just creeping up back to a size 16! turns out this "little bit of walking" was actually not eating for a month, TONNES of physical exercise and some very dodgy slimming pills from thailand!!

Ah well... When i'm slim i am determined not to be a douchebag to those who are struggling like i am right now!!
Don't let others effect you.
Everything you do to change yourself make sure it's all for you. When others want you to do it, it rarely works.

i got this comment at work....

"your eating again?! how are you not huge?"

i need food to keep up with the exercise i do, if i try and diet or starve my body cant cope with it, all that happens is i sorta crash and cant do my full potential

My friend at work always says I'm really pretty (yeah, shame about the rest).

When I say some comment about myself being big (I'm not delusional, I know I'm big), she then says, don't be stupid, there's nothing wrong with you... In the next instance she's saying she feels really bad about herself as she is the biggest she's ever been (9 stone). How does that make me feel, if you think you're fat, you obviously think I am and don't think I look alright at all.

Plus, the grabbing of flesh around the middle, all of half an inch, and flaunting it at you, saying look at this, I'm so fat. Well love, you should see what I can grab round my middle, definitely more than an inch, but I'll have the common decency and not get it out to show you. :)

Back