The thread that educated Kitty B

Kitteh

Resident geek
Do many of you use frozen veg as opposed to fresh? What do you use? where do you get it from?

i often use frozen just simply cos i find its cheaper.. it keeps really well.. its easy to cook.. x x

I always keep some frozen veg in freezer just incase i run out of fresh and can't get out to buy more, its so convienient. I buy frozen sprout, broccoli, cauli, chopped onions and mixed peppers from Heron and farmfoods much cheaper from here. Hope your ok Kat. xxx Loobylou

I use frozen brocoli and cauliflour, sprouts and i use frozen mixed peppers as they are so handy to have, you can add them to anything.

thats brill.. i normally have mixed veg.. spinach.. broccoli.. chopped onions.. and my OH likes the mushrooms.. ooh and carrots too..

you're right.. they're just so handy its unreal.. and its so easy just to add them to stuff.. or make soup or anything cos you dont have to arse around preparing it or anything.. but sometimes i just NEED fresh.. my OH doesnt ever seem to understand.. lol..
x
x

thats brill.. i normally have mixed veg.. spinach.. broccoli.. chopped onions.. and my OH likes the mushrooms.. ooh and carrots too..

you're right.. they're just so handy its unreal.. and its so easy just to add them to stuff.. or make soup or anything cos you dont have to arse around preparing it or anything.. but sometimes i just NEED fresh.. my OH doesnt ever seem to understand.. lol..
x
x
thats just men in general they never understand!!i also use a mixture of fresh and frozen,i find it a right pain having to prepare them :)

There has been a lot of debate about frozen veg holding more nutrients due to being frozen then transported to wherever it is going where as fresh loses some nutrients due to being transported around if that makes any sense.

ooh yeah.. that makes sense.. im sure i saw something like that on a birds eye advert.. for peas or something.. lol.. good point like..
x x

"As fresh as the moment that the Pod went Pop"

LOL!!!

Do you know.....It's never ever occured to me to buy frozen veg! - I don't like peas unless popped and eaten raw from pods...I'm a funny girl lol! so hadn't ever looked at what's available *blushes furiously*
Blimey! I'm gonna have to venture into the freezer section and have a look....How cool to have veg and not spend hours prepping!

Mushrooms and peppers?! that would be so handy - do they do onions too?
xx

Yeah they do onions, mushrooms peppers. they do a stir fry mix too with bean sprouts and everything

Watch out for the aunt bessies stuff though, they are usually synned upon. I thought the frozen mashed turnip and carrots was free and it wasn't.

hahahaha sorry but i lol when i saw this!!!!!!!!!:8855::8855:

:eek::eek: LOL

I'm being serious! - I'm off to Iceland in the morning - I need to check this out.

I'm 32....admittedly live out in the sticks....but in shock! Frozen peppers etc, why did my mother never impart this knowledge into me! I HATE prepping veg LOL :D
xxx

I dont think th aunt bessies stuff is good tbh.. i once had califlower cheese and i reckon i could have made better..

Aye kitty they do looooads.. aubergines.. courgettes.. mushrooms.. onions.. peppers.. stir fry mix.. i think theres even a casserole mix..
x x

Back