the times they are a changin......

A few days into week 4 totally cruising along now can feel a sizeable difference in my clothes even managed to get the smaller clothes box from under the bed and not all but my wardrobe has a few favs readded :):)

I don’t know how long I’m going to stay on this step but as long as I’m feeling this good on it might try for another 4 weeks. Time will tell but at least I’m getting the results I was hoping for

Great thank you so much, I’ll have a look for it! :D

Well done, that’s so amazing! Can’t wait to get into my skinny clothes too that are still hanging in the wardrobe haha. How do you find it not knowing exactly how much you’re losing? It’s definitely something that would suit me because I don’t want to get obsessed with the number but at the same time I love seeing the losses for motivation!

Also can you remember from the last time if there was a big difference in your losses between Step 1 and 2? X

It is fab getting into something that only weeks ago cut you in half. I ve got a beautiful above the knee mini that I love it is my goal skirt. It wasn’t close to doing up but now I can get it together, let’s just ignore the muffin top for the moment:p
I will resist the temptation to buy new clothes straight away as I can clothes myself from sizes 12 to 18 with what I have. I can have some new stuff after I’ve maintained for 6 Months. I was trying on dresses last night and they were looking promising so not feeling like the fattest piggy in the village:D:) I’m sure a few of those skinny clothes must be about there for you too. Plenty of work to do but as long as I’m going in the right direction.

I am really finding it much better not knowing, can’t wait for the great reveal mind you. Don’t get me wrong I can work out roughly what I ve lost as I know I need to be around x weight to fit into a certain top. I am an obsessive scale user. If I’m doing this diet and not getting the results each week I just tail spin but I know that it will work it’s self out cumulatively. now once I’ve finished phase one ( pre reintroducing food) I’m going to need them and this time I bought them but they are being stored at my folks, couldn’t be trusted not to have a sneaky peak! I am just focusing on if I feel ok carry on which I am and my counsellor is keeping an eye on me and my weight loss. so if she says step up then I will.

There wasnt a sizeable difference to step 1or 2 for me anyway maybe a pound or 2 but nothing major. at the weekend if I’m feeling food deprived a step 2 meal as a treat. Believe me salad has never tasted so good:)

How are you getting on, how much have you lost so far?

Ahhhh that’s amazing about the skirt - I bet you looked fab! You go girl! I also have a skirt from 3 years ago that barely goes over my ass so I might try it again on once I’ve passed the stone mark!

It’s going so well, today is Day 7 and I feel like I’m finally getting into the swing of things now. Met my consultant today for the first time (she sent me my first week supply over phone) and I’ve lost 11.5lb in just 6 days... crazy! I know some is water but I feel trimmer, less bloated and my face isn’t as pudgy! Also down about an inch in most places too! Excited to try some new flavours too.

Yep I totally feel where you’re coming from.. there’s nothing worse than no change in the scale to dampen your motivation! Have you heard of the whoosh effect? Google it if you haven’t :p

It’s much better to focus on how you feel and how clothes fit. I’ve decided now that I’m not going to weigh in myself at home at all - only on Thursdays when I meet my consultant. I don’t want to be frustrated if I don’t lose and I know day to day we can fluctuate anyway. My losses are also going to slow down a lot now, it’ll only be small differences each day so I’d rather just get a bigger number each week from her! :D

By the way do you know if your products are from the older or newer Cambridge plan? My consultant was saying today that there’s actually two different ranges - one is about 150 cals per product and the other is 200 cals. In Ireland the 150 ones have actually been banned (crazy) but I think in the UK most of you guys use the lower calorie ones, or there’s a choice? She did say if my weight plateaus she could sneak me in some of the 150 ones hahaha.

Have a great day Jen! X

I’m on the new products this time, can’t say if it’s making any difference but it’s working well. Will the old packets not be about ready for going out of date? if you plateau can you not just go down to 3 products ( I’m thinking your taking 4) forgive me if that s all your on anyway.
I totally hop on the scales continually, the first week brilliant after that you get the fluctuation and if you see the scales have gone up:eek: my motivation can really decrease.

Is you first official weigh in today??? Sounds like youre in for a big drop, get it logged in black and white:)
Oh well back to work for me
Jenx

Yeah my consultant said that she’s been doing it for years and doesn’t find there’s a major difference in the losses with the calorie increase, but some clients want the old plan later down the line... not sure about the best before dates but I got the impression they are still being manufactured! Oh yes I could totally go down to 3 products but I really find eating 4 times a day works very well for me and is more sustainable for my life/work. I guess I could also chop a bar in half and use it as two meals lol.

What do your family/friends think about you doing Cambridge? I’ve still not told anymore because I know I’ll only get lectured! :rolleyes: I’m living back home for the summer until I’m back to uni at the end of August but everyone works so it’s easy to do it and then just say I’m having porridge or a smoothie for dinner. I hate keeping it a secret but my mum really won’t approve :eek:

Happy Friday!!!! Xx

Chopping a bar in 2 would work if you want to go down and keep your 4 meals.
They all know I’m doing it, it’s easier as they ve seen me on it before and know that it is safe. I can understand why you’d be reluctant to let people people are very quick to judge a vlcd. I know it does have a lot of stigma attached but the way I look at it is loads of folk do calorie controlled diets and I ve seen what people post they are eating. The daily vitamins and minerals sure aren’t covered and with this one they are. Don’t get me wrong the hardest part of this diet is re introducing food make no mistake but honestly every diet has the same problems with regaining the weight. I lost 7.5 st by changing life style about 15 years ago and have never regained 5 stone of it but this 2 to 3 stone I revisit it regularly:p I am utterly convinced if I hadn’t found the Cambridge diet I’d be sitting with a hell of a lot more to lose and I don’t think I’d be up for another 7st diet.
If you can eat the spag bol it does look like proper food ( it’s like it’s made with quorn mince) so you’d be ok with that a very small portion
You will know if your body needs more calories, don’t be tempted to do excercise while on the lower steps unless your body is very used to it. Leave it for when you step up. Your body will adjust to increased demands and low calories but you then won’t get the same effect later, that’s my thought on the matter anyway
Jx

So last day of week 4, just spent half an hour trying on bits and bobs from my wardrobe, as you do at 6.30 in the bloody morning:D and even from last week I have been able to move some favs from the wardrobe in the spare room back where they belong in my own one, yay!
Have to admit I ve been pretty busy of late and it is def taking a toll on my actively levels, the last time I was in bed as early as this I must of been about 7:p still if I stop being such a porker it ll be worth it
Right bring on week 5
Jx

Wooo go you! Must be an amazing feeling and it’s great that you’re listening to your body in terms of early nights. I definitely find I’m hungrier when I haven’t slept enough! Have you ever noticed that?!

Great that your family are supportive too. My mom is always encouraging me and we have a fantastic relationship but I know she would call this a fad and tell me how unsustainable it is. But she’s always been thin and can eat what she likes so she could never understand how difficult it can be for some of us to just follow the standard ‘eat less, move more’ advice!

Did you ever use the Cambridge fibre supplement? I’m feeling very backed up and bloated... I’ve heard mixed reviews about it. Might be better off with a laxative or something o_O

I totally have noticed the need for sleep and increase in hunger.
Ah your mum has a metabolism to die for, lucky lady yeah she’s not going to fully get the whole diet thing.
I ve never needed them so have no experience sorry ( think a couple of the girls did use them and found they did the trick:classic_confused:)

Yep I just wished she passed the skinny gene onto me, haha! ;)

Have you ever tried any other VLCD? Do you know much about Exante? I’ve been looking at the Exante website and I see that their shakes and bars are much higher in fibre - 4 products would give same calories but double the fibre and only about 50g net carbs! I’ve realised that most days I’m on 90g of net carbs, I feel like I’m constantly on the border of ketosis and maybe I’m drifting in and out of it which would explain a lot. I’ve done ketogenic diets before and this doesn’t feel like it at all!

I think I will email Cambridge as you suggested before because my consultant didn’t seem to know much about this! :cool:

I ve not but I think there is more choice, costs less but no consultant. I think if your willpower is good they are much of a muchness. I’m kind of considering it for after in a 5:2 diet sort of way. It might be better for you as you say you ve not been feeling as though your in full ketosis. There’s quite an active (more so than cwp) part of the forum,ask some of the members as they’ll give you a bit of an insight. End of the day as long as it works for you
Jx

I’m going to order some of their products later and see how I find them! If I like them I think I would be happy to switch but it’s important for me that they genuinely taste nice! Love the 5:2 idea for maintaining, I think something like that would suit me too.

How is this week going for you so far? Xx

From what I hear the cookies n cream bars are delish:)
Good call on testing out first if you do let me know how you get on. I’m grand feeling pretty good and well in ketosis so start of week 5. Must admit quite happy not knowing the results as just going along by how I feel. How are you doing feeling any better? I hope not so dizzy. I was thinking 2 days a week fasting on 3 exante products would be worth a shot.

Last day of weeek 5 tomorrow no hunger but finding the tiredness problematic. Work is manic and any spare time involves decorating my new flat so have been busy. Luckily it’s a day of rest tomorrow so that should recharge the batteries. Going to have a step 2 meal tonight
I was looking at the step 2 recipes on the Cambridge site and to cut carbs they were making courgettes into noodles. So 3 am this morning Ive got myself a spiralizer in the post anyway, We ll see .
I’m thinking one for week on step 1 and the a few more on proper step 2. Then it’s time to return to the land of food,:eek: after that the grand reveal see what I officially lost. I suspect it’s around 1 to 1 and 1/2 stone. I ll take that

hi there

tomorrow i meet my counselor and tues i start the CDP. there is two and a half stone lazin about my couch that just doesnt need to be here and willpower allowing its days are numbered.

since the age of 11 or 12 dieting has been apart of my life, have tried and failed many yo-yoing up every time til i hit 18 st about ten years ago, i made a lot of changes then and got down to 11 st. my weight fluctuated between 11 and 12, not the size 10 id fancied but i could do all the things i wanted so was pretty content. a couple of years ago i went down to 10st and that worked very nicely but that was greatly helped by a big dose of poverty. once the cash flow restarted and the new man entered the picture my weight has been creeping up and currently at 12st 8. lately for the first time in years i feel like im losing control of my eating. im back to binging then good then more binging so my hope is i can get back on track. if i don t do something now it ll be 13 st then 14 and so on

im really up for the challenge but having read some of your threads know its going to be a hard road, still sick of stuffing my fat pie hole,
THE ROT STOPS NOW!!!
I am in exactly the same situation as you and am talking to someone on the phone next week about binge eating and am rejoining slimming world this coming Tuesday. I wish you well x

Last day of weeek 5 tomorrow no hunger but finding the tiredness problematic. Work is manic and any spare time involves decorating my new flat so have been busy. Luckily it’s a day of rest tomorrow so that should recharge the batteries. Going to have a step 2 meal tonight
I was looking at the step 2 recipes on the Cambridge site and to cut carbs they were making courgettes into noodles. So 3 am this morning Ive got myself a spiralizer in the post anyway, We ll see .
I’m thinking one for week on step 1 and the a few more on proper step 2. Then it’s time to return to the land of food,:eek: after that the grand reveal see what I officially lost. I suspect it’s around 1 to 1 and 1/2 stone. I ll take that

Well done Jen, you are doing great! Enjoy your Step 2 meal tonight - I did the same today. Poached eggs and garlic mushrooms, it was very delicious :p:p:p Looking forward to hearing how much you’ve lost! I have made courgette noodles a few times, a bit tasteless but they are fine as long as you season them well with herbs and spices. Although I’m sure you will really appreciate anything after such little food for so long!

How long do you plan on being on Step 2 for? Xx

I am in exactly the same situation as you and am talking to someone on the phone next week about binge eating and am rejoining slimming world this coming Tuesday. I wish you well x

Thanks for the drop by flowers I wish you all the best too, good luck and may your scales go down
Jx

Back