the times they are a changin......

Well done Jen, you are doing great! Enjoy your Step 2 meal tonight - I did the same today. Poached eggs and garlic mushrooms, it was very delicious :p:p:p Looking forward to hearing how much you’ve lost! I have made courgette noodles a few times, a bit tasteless but they are fine as long as you season them well with herbs and spices. Although I’m sure you will really appreciate anything after such little food for so long!

How long do you plan on being on Step 2 for? Xx

I’m on chicken and salad tonight, didn’t have it last night as got home and was in bed for 5 so just managed to chuck the last porridge down my throat and slept til 8 this morning. Going to have to balance this weeks busy time better as clearly did too much last week.
When you ve been off the food once it’s reintroduced it does taste amazing.that sound s like a good mixture you had will remember that one. I think step two will be a good time to introduce courgette noodles as I thought they might be a little bland. The cwp website has some interesting recipes to try, so willbe giving some a go.

There is a thread by Fay ( cant remember full username) on this website with step 2 recipes and think I ll dig that out. I’m hoping to do step 2 for 2 weeks but once I see the weight loss I ll have a better idea.

Jx

Last blind weigh in, I 'll find out what I 've lost next Monday. Quite excited, 6 weeks done then. My wardrobe fits again . Even the doc marten dress i got of ebay but never actually fitted in. So glad i came back when i did as dont think id manage another 7 st loss
This should be my last week on step 1 and then a few on 2 see what happens after that.
I 've the new strawberry banana oatie breakfast shake to try this week, see what that s like.

Last blind weigh in, I 'll find out what I 've lost next Monday. Quite excited, 6 weeks done then. My wardrobe fits again . Even the doc marten dress i got of ebay but never actually fitted in. So glad i came back when i did as dont think id manage another 7 st loss
This should be my last week on step 1 and then a few on 2 see what happens after that.
I 've the new strawberry banana oatie breakfast shake to try this week, see what that s like.

Hi,
Blind weigh in that sounds amazing, what a good idea! Well done with your weight loss that is fantastic! I am looking forward to fitting in to all my clothes again and hopefully buying some smaller ones!

Hi there, thanks for the drop by, how you getting on?
I wanted to to keep the weigh in secret as I had a few weeks in the past that did really show any loses and it was just disheartening. It's worked really well for me just going on how I'm feeling and obs how the clothes are doing. I work on the basis if it works for you. The good thing is my counsellor was keeping a eye on me so if there was a prob she would intervene
Jenx

Hi there, thanks for the drop by, how you getting on?
I wanted to to keep the weigh in secret as I had a few weeks in the past that did really show any loses and it was just disheartening. It's worked really well for me just going on how I'm feeling and obs how the clothes are doing. I work on the basis if it works for you. The good thing is my counsellor was keeping a eye on me so if there was a prob she would intervene
Jenx

Hi Jen,

I am on day 8 currently having 3 shakes a day, I lost 9 in my 1st week and I am over the moon. 1st week was hard had a few dizzy spells and not much energy! Feel loads better this week been to the gym today and arranged to go for a walk in the morning with a friend. Hoping to lose as much as possible through Cambridge then keep it off with healthy eating and exercise.

Sounds like you are doing fantastic I bet you feel so much better? I imagine when you have small loses it can be quite frustrating so well done with the blind weigh in idea you are definitely on track to succeed. X

That’s a fab, that’s good you got off to a cracking start. Did you already go to the gym before starting the diet? I really am feeling much better. Just find I’m more tired once the weight creeps on and was feeling really meh about myself. Now I’m back in the wardrobe and much more happy with the way I look, I’m pretty pleased. When I met my partner it was all fun and games til the clothes didn’t fit 🙂 we both love cooking and had one **too many treats

** I say one to many but what I really mean is we went full tilt into greed oblivion 😜

I really need to get a handle on my eating again and Cambridge works really welll for me. It’s like you reset the clock and I can get back into better habits. Ks been really supportive as I think he’s also wanting to reduce the waistline as well.
I am not buying any new clothes until I’ve maintained for 6 month then I ll allow myself a little treat. There more than enough stuff in my cupboards that hasn’t seen the light of day for too long.
Jx

That’s a fab, that’s good you got off to a cracking start. Did you already go to the gym before starting the diet? I really am feeling much better. Just find I’m more tired once the weight creeps on and was feeling really meh about myself. Now I’m back in the wardrobe and much more happy with the way I look, I’m pretty pleased. When I met my partner it was all fun and games til the clothes didn’t fit 🙂 we both love cooking and had one **too many treats

** I say one to many but what I really mean is we went full tilt into greed oblivion 😜

I really need to get a handle on my eating again and Cambridge works really welll for me. It’s like you reset the clock and I can get back into better habits. Ks been really supportive as I think he’s also wanting to reduce the waistline as well.
I am not buying any new clothes until I’ve maintained for 6 month then I ll allow myself a little treat. There more than enough stuff in my cupboards that hasn’t seen the light of day for too long.
Jx

No only started the gym this week I have been having trouble with my back since February and since June I haven’t been able to sit for long periods of time without being in loads of pain.

I work term time only so I am off for the six weeks holiday and have also started physio therapy and was told I need to lose weight, sleep better and strengthen my core so that was the kick up my large butt that I needed so started Cambridge and the gym.

I put weight on with each pregnancy and my husband loves his food and bless him thought he was treating me with chocolates and meals out. He is totally behind me with Cambridge though.

It’s so easy to put on weight and get into a vicious circle of not having the energy to do exercise after work and then over time you lose your confidence and to be honest I have lost a little bit of me along the way. Which I intend to regain by losing my weight and getting fitter.

Once you get to goal what are you going to do are you going to follow a healthy eating plan? I am thinking of doing intermittent fasting but with the aim to maintain not carrying on losing. X

Be careful that your activity level doesn’t out strip the calories you are putting in. Gentle excercise such as Pilates would be good for strengthening your core. I know once you make the decision to get on top of your health you want it now but sometimes that is not the best way. Put down the correct foundation and that can be more benifical in the long run. By all means get the pattern set up of going to the gym but please don’t knock yourself out. It’s not that you’ll be losing so much more but you then will have to maintain that and more. I know there are plenty of folk that excercise every day and stick to it. I’m not one of them I can manage 2/3 times a week, what do you see you sticking to realistically ? Your body can slow every thing down to conserve energy stocks being depleted if it thinks that starvation is round the corner.

It’s so easy to gain the weight and gradually bits of your health get reduced. I really hope that you get on top of all the pain you ve been suffering. Back pain just causes so much grief. Jus remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and you didn’t get to where you are overnight. Sustainability is the key to this. I did hate when I was morbidly obese I felt like I was encased in fat and it did reduce what I could do.

Intermittent fasting is exactly what I fancy doing plus getting back into more walking with gym added back in. My carb intake will def have to be reduced. It’s time to get back in control and stick to sensible eating. That way you can still enjoy some treats as there is no way in committing to never having any goodies again. I bought scales again and will be going on then religiously after. It’s much easier to deal with 2 to a max of 7 and get it down again than it is with 7+
So that the plan.
Jx

Be careful that your activity level doesn’t out strip the calories you are putting in. Gentle excercise such as Pilates would be good for strengthening your core. I know once you make the decision to get on top of your health you want it now but sometimes that is not the best way. Put down the correct foundation and that can be more benifical in the long run. By all means get the pattern set up of going to the gym but please don’t knock yourself out. It’s not that you’ll be losing so much more but you then will have to maintain that and more. I know there are plenty of folk that excercise every day and stick to it. I’m not one of them I can manage 2/3 times a week, what do you see you sticking to realistically ? Your body can slow every thing down to conserve energy stocks being depleted if it thinks that starvation is round the corner.

It’s so easy to gain the weight and gradually bits of your health get reduced. I really hope that you get on top of all the pain you ve been suffering. Back pain just causes so much grief. Jus remember Rome wasn’t built in a day and you didn’t get to where you are overnight. Sustainability is the key to this. I did hate when I was morbidly obese I felt like I was encased in fat and it did reduce what I could do.

Intermittent fasting is exactly what I fancy doing plus getting back into more walking with gym added back in. My carb intake will def have to be reduced. It’s time to get back in control and stick to sensible eating. That way you can still enjoy some treats as there is no way in committing to never having any goodies again. I bought scales again and will be going on then religiously after. It’s much easier to deal with 2 to a max of 7 and get it down again than it is with 7+
So that the plan.
Jx

Hi,

Thank you for your message and I fully understand what you are saying and I really appreciate your advice!

I am only doing gentle exercises at the gym five minutes warm up on cross trainers or treadmill then small weights. I spoke to my consultant and she said as long as I am not doing too much I can stay on step 1 but as I increase my exercise over time I may need to move up a step.

There is classes at the gym too such as Pilates which I would like to try but not just yet as the classes are on a night when the gym is busy, I go when it’s quiet and not a lot of people.

I have been doing lots of walking for the last few months due to not being able to sit for long, which does have its advantages at times!

I am going to the gym 3 times a week but only 30 minutes each time. Once I start getting fitter I will increase by 5 minutes maybe ten each week until I get to an hour 3 times a week. Again by this point I will probably be looking at changing step.

Realistically I can still do this once I am back at work as I finish at 3. I could maybe go more as the gym is opposite where I work.

Yeah my carb intake is never going back to what it was before Cambridge! I am an emotional eater but all emotions unfortunately and boredom too doesn’t help me. Hubby works nights 3 weeks if each month so lots of time to myself.

How much have you lost altogether with Cambridge? What are your favourite products? X

That’s alright then but it’s best not to push your body too far. The 3 nights can be spent with gym/ class time in the future keeps idle hands away from biscuit tins 😛 once your confidence rises there ll be no stopping you. The yogurt covered bars, choc tetras, original porridge and the spag bol. Are favs. The green Thai rice has a really nice flavour. Not a lover of the shakes, the smoothies are better liked the strawberry one the best have the new breakfast strawberry banana oat one to try this weekend. Peanut bar is nice for a change. I tend to stick to the ones I like rather than swapping about too much. I make the porridge with 180mls as I find it a bit to runny with the full 200mls what have you been enjoying or not as the case may be:)

God, nobody would think you were rude it's just if you had your own I'd look out for it. Basically people post whatever they fancy. You can start your own or post on others it doesn't matter at all
Jx

God, nobody would think you were rude it's just if you had your own I'd look out for it. Basically people post whatever they fancy. You can start your own or post on others it doesn't matter at all
Jx

Hi Jen,
I have just started my own thread on Cambridge weight loss diaries. I am going to post on it every day.

I can’t believe how lovely and supportive everyone is on here it’s great. X

Hi Jen,
I have just started my own thread on Cambridge weight loss diaries. I am going to post on it every day.

I can’t believe how lovely and supportive everyone is on here it’s great. X

It can be a great extra support having the forum I like having some where to chat about it and just put down your feelings of the time.
Jx

Today’s quest is to drink enough water, I manage my 2 and 1/2 l but not much more and have been a bit tired, no hunger so ketosis is safe. think ketosis is now the equivalent of my precious, hope Im not found found in a cave eating raw fish😉
Want to make sure that water balance isn’t the problem as would like another week before going on to step 2 proper
Hope everyone is raring for another day in dieting world x

It can be a great extra support having the forum I like having some where to chat about it and just put down your feelings of the time.
Jx

Morning Jen,

I totally agree with you it’s really good to talk to people doing the same plan. My friends are all abit sceptical about Cambridge they think it’s too low so I tend not to mention it to them!

I have been drinking around 4 litres of water a day sometimes more. I kept some empty 1 litre squash bottles and washed them out, I fill them up with water pop them in the fridge and every time I finish one I fill it up and pop it back in the fridge and get out a full one.

I am off to the gym so have a fantastic day and hopefully chat later! You are amazing so have an amazing day! X

Morning Jen,

I totally agree with you it’s really good to talk to people doing the same plan. My friends are all abit sceptical about Cambridge they think it’s too low so I tend not to mention it to them!

I have been drinking around 4 litres of water a day sometimes more. I kept some empty 1 litre squash bottles and washed them out, I fill them up with water pop them in the fridge and every time I finish one I fill it up and pop it back in the fridge and get out a full one.

I am off to the gym so have a fantastic day and hopefully chat later! You are amazing so have an amazing day! X

Cheers Dutches you have a fabulous fat burning day too, catch ya tonight
Jx

Today’s quest is to drink enough water, I manage my 2 and 1/2 l but not much more and have been a bit tired, no hunger so ketosis is safe. think ketosis is now the equivalent of my precious, hope Im not found found in a cave eating raw fish😉
Want to make sure that water balance isn’t the problem as would like another week before going on to step 2 proper
Hope everyone is raring for another day in dieting world x

I definitely find that I need 3-4L to feel normal - even now that I’m in ketosis I find that I start to get a mild headache when I haven’t had enough water. After a couple of pints things are much better within just a few mins! :p Do you think you’ll still stay low carb on Step 3 and beyond?! Xx

Back