the times they are a changin......

Last day of weeek 5 tomorrow no hunger but finding the tiredness problematic. Work is manic and any spare time involves decorating my new flat so have been busy. Luckily it’s a day of rest tomorrow so that should recharge the batteries. Going to have a step 2 meal tonight
I was looking at the step 2 recipes on the Cambridge site and to cut carbs they were making courgettes into noodles. So 3 am this morning Ive got myself a spiralizer in the post anyway, We ll see .
I’m thinking one for week on step 1 and the a few more on proper step 2. Then it’s time to return to the land of food,:eek: after that the grand reveal see what I officially lost. I suspect it’s around 1 to 1 and 1/2 stone. I ll take that
Hey there. Hope you don't me having a nosy at your diary :) I didn't know you were on the same week as me, having just started week 6. So very well done!! So when does Cambridge advise you to switch onto Step 2? That is the 800calorie one, isn't it?

I definitely find that I need 3-4L to feel normal - even now that I’m in ketosis I find that I start to get a mild headache when I haven’t had enough water. After a couple of pints things are much better within just a few mins! :p Do you think you’ll still stay low carb on Step 3 and beyond?! Xx

Yeah the water is key I think, I’m finding it a bit of a juggling act as i could definitely live without the 5 am trips to the loo! I really want to reduce my carbs will it be full on low carb? Can’t swear to that but I will do my best😉🤞 I am going to go for fasting with healthy eating, l must get back into regular excercise. This time I need to get my maintaince head firmly back in the game. I ve done it before and I will do it again.
Jx

Hey there. Hope you don't me having a nosy at your diary :) I didn't know you were on the same week as me, having just started week 6. So very well done!! So when does Cambridge advise you to switch onto Step 2? That is the 800calorie one, isn't it?

Hello!!!!!!!!!! Waves furiously from the Cambridge side of the fence😀 your very welcome to have a nosy at my ramblings. I hadn’t realised we were the same week either, yay for us! I could stay on step 1 until bmi in the green range I think with a food week at week 12 but I’m getting to the stage that I’m ready to come up next week. I could stay on step 2, it is the 800 cal one, for a good while but it’s the festival in Edinburgh this month and I want to be able to enjoy a few nights out before it finishes. I’m not keen on falling out of ketosis so once I’m out I ll pretty much stay out. I’m time with Cambridge will be continuing as I’d like to spend a fair bit of time on step 3/4 when I’d at least like to get a bit of weight loss. I will need to put a good bit of effort in the the next phase as for me it is the hardest part of the diet. I love the strictness of ketosis and find it (normally) easy to stick to but once back in the real world I know the choices get harder to make. I really do not like being 13 + stone and I need to remember this🙂💪
Jx

Right let’s get this day started. Water you will be flowing, motivation you will be high and I am going to kick on
Have a great day one and all
Jx

Yeah the water is key I think, I’m finding it a bit of a juggling act as i could definitely live without the 5 am trips to the loo! I really want to reduce my carbs will it be full on low carb? Can’t swear to that but I will do my best😉🤞 I am going to go for fasting with healthy eating, l must get back into regular excercise. This time I need to get my maintaince head firmly back in the game. I ve done it before and I will do it again.
Jx

Similar plan as myself, I don’t want a high carb diet but I think it’s important that we can live a little too and are able to enjoy social occasions without worrying about food. I think the Mediterranean lifestyle is where I’ll be for the most part - high fat, high fibre, moderate protein intake and moderate carb intake. That’s not to say there won’t be occasional windows of indulgence! At the end of the day I think we both know what to do... it’s doing it that’s the difficult part! I’m definitely open to a 5:2 approach too, if my body needs it to maintain.

How long do you think you’ll stay on Step 2 for? You will be able to maintain it this time, I can feel it 😉 When you gained it last time was it a slow process that occurred gradually as soon as you stopped? Or did you keep it off for a while first?

In the past I’ve always been all or nothing so if I’m not losing, I’m gaining. I don’t think I’ve ever successfully maintained for long and it really scares me! This year though I’ve tried to deal with my ‘WHY’ and I’ve confronted that head on in the past few months. I really believe it is helping me stick to this so hopefully this will be our last ever extreme diet 😁 xx

Similar plan as myself, I don’t want a high carb diet but I think it’s important that we can live a little too and are able to enjoy social occasions without worrying about food. I think the Mediterranean lifestyle is where I’ll be for the most part - high fat, high fibre, moderate protein intake and moderate carb intake. That’s not to say there won’t be occasional windows of indulgence! At the end of the day I think we both know what to do... it’s doing it that’s the difficult part! I’m definitely open to a 5:2 approach too, if my body needs it to maintain.

How long do you think you’ll stay on Step 2 for? You will be able to maintain it this time, I can feel it 😉 When you gained it last time was it a slow process that occurred gradually as soon as you stopped? Or did you keep it off for a while first?

In the past I’ve always been all or nothing so if I’m not losing, I’m gaining. I don’t think I’ve ever successfully maintained for long and it really scares me! This year though I’ve tried to deal with my ‘WHY’ and I’ve confronted that head on in the past few months. I really believe it is helping me stick to this so hopefully this will be our last ever extreme diet 😁 xx

I’m only planning a couple of weeks on step 2 then a fair bit on step 4 intend to be seeing my counsellor well into October. I can maintain really well normally but gained about a st when I gave up smoking (not remotely sorry) then met my new boyfriend and we over indulged a bit too much and vola back up at 13st, maybe even more don’t know until monday. Having scales in the house is key to my maintenance abilities. Daily weights ( I know I know what they recommend) and chase anything that is above 3 pounds. I can manage the 11s to maintain so that is where I want to stay. Very much over weight for my 5/5ft height but I was 18 fecking stone that is a lot more healthy than that plus I can be active,so my battle line is drawn🙂x

So last day of week 6 and tomorrow I get to find out my starting point and more importantly where I am now. It has worked really well for me not knowing the results of the weigh in. If there s been slow weeks they didn’t effect my resolve, I just kept my head down and carried on. The results on the scales are not the only indicator that things are going in the right direction I need to remember this for later.
So what’s the plan for next month then infinity and beyond? Next month easy step 2 probably a couple of weeks then I think it’s time to leave the safely of ketosis. Step 3/4 til the 25th of September, hello alcohol 🍷, I am definitely looking forward to a few nights out. There is a monthly ska/ rocksteady club here that I intend to be shaking my funky stuff to in that doc marten dress😀😀
I have almond milk to try as my latte habit needs to be tweaked, espresso and candrel will be drank more. Carbs are to be reduced, hello spiralizer. That’s gym pass I pay for but don’t use well twice a week lady you will be there ( any mores a bonus)
Let’s do this

So last day of week 6 and tomorrow I get to find out my starting point and more importantly where I am now. It has worked really well for me not knowing the results of the weigh in. If there s been slow weeks they didn’t effect my resolve, I just kept my head down and carried on. The results on the scales are not the only indicator that things are going in the right direction I need to remember this for later.
So what’s the plan for next month then infinity and beyond? Next month easy step 2 probably a couple of weeks then I think it’s time to leave the safely of ketosis. Step 3/4 til the 25th of September, hello alcohol 🍷, I am definitely looking forward to a few nights out. There is a monthly ska/ rocksteady club here that I intend to be shaking my funky stuff to in that doc marten dress😀😀
I have almond milk to try as my latte habit needs to be tweaked, espresso and candrel will be drank more. Carbs are to be reduced, hello spiralizer. That’s gym pass I pay for but don’t use well twice a week lady you will be there ( any mores a bonus)
Let’s do this
Looking forward to you letting us know how your counsellor meeting goes! Oh, id love a ska night out. Not had one in ageees. I guess that's the cherry on the 'cake' that is week 7 starting tomorrow! Well done, dragon!

Looking forward to you letting us know how your counsellor meeting goes! Oh, id love a ska night out. Not had one in ageees. I guess that's the cherry on the 'cake' that is week 7 starting tomorrow! Well done, dragon!

Love ska it’s such a good work out and I can dance for ages to it😀 there are a few really good bands up here that play regularly so not a bad scene. The club is pretty small but it has really good atmosphere. The festivals on in Edinburgh and the clubs are open til 5, not that I’d admit it but chances of me staying out til then are about as likely as something sensible coming out of trumps mouth (actually wait, it’s slighty more likely that I’ll be tripping the light fantastic) oh I do sometimes miss the days of youth😊

Your doing real well yourself and I like that plan of yours. Will you continue to post as you go along. I think I will
Jx

Let’s do this

WOW can’t wait to see how you got on! You are so amazing for doing this without the scales! Really looking forward to following your maintenance journey too, I’ve no doubts in my mind that you will succeed! 😁🙌🏻🎉
Do you feel almost happy in yourself now in terms of how your clothes fit and all that? Or do think you’ve just a little bit left to go?

Omg strawberry banana oat smoothie sounds amazing! I hope we can get them here in Ireland, I feel like we are bit behind you guys hahaha. Do you like the strawberry and cherry smoothie? I think it’s my fave shake!

I love almond milk and used it all the time before this as I find dairy really bloats me, these shakes haven’t helped lol. Soy milk is much creamier and the unsweetened one is carb free, it takes getting used to but I prefer soy lattes now to regular milk! Almond milk is a bit watery for coffees but you might like it, it depends on how good the barista is :p Not sure if you’ve seen it but Alpro have a new range out called ‘the professionals’ that’s especially for making coffee, they use it in costa now. It’s higher in fat so much creamier and makes great dairy free lattes - they have soy, coconut and almond I think. It might have slightly more carbs than unsweetened but I remember checking before and still less than milk!

WOW can’t wait to see how you got on! You are so amazing for doing this without the scales! Really looking forward to following your maintenance journey too, I’ve no doubts in my mind that you will succeed! 😁🙌🏻🎉
Do you feel almost happy in yourself now in terms of how your clothes fit and all that? Or do think you’ve just a little bit left to go?

Omg strawberry banana oat smoothie sounds amazing! I hope we can get them here in Ireland, I feel like we are bit behind you guys hahaha. Do you like the strawberry and cherry smoothie? I think it’s my fave shake!

I love almond milk and used it all the time before this as I find dairy really bloats me, these shakes haven’t helped lol. Soy milk is much creamier and the unsweetened one is carb free, it takes getting used to but I prefer soy lattes now to regular milk! Almond milk is a bit watery for coffees but you might like it, it depends on how good the barista is :p Not sure if you’ve seen it but Alpro have a new range out called ‘the professionals’ that’s especially for making coffee, they use it in costa now. It’s higher in fat so much creamier and makes great dairy free lattes - they have soy, coconut and almond I think. It might have slightly more carbs than unsweetened but I remember checking before and still less than milk!

Do I feel happy with myself? Yes I do,I didn’t like the fact that my weight was restricting me, I didn’t like the fact I was slower going up stairs and it involved more effort. I didn’t like the fact my sleep was being a bit effected. I didn’t like the fact that my clothes looked like I was drawing them on. BUT and you might not be surprised to hear it’s a big but 🙃 I was happy with myself all along. I ve got to the point where I like me, there I said it, how very un British 😉 the biggest turning point was accepting me warts and all. I try to do the right thing, I treat people the way I’d like be treated, I have a lot of fun, I came to realise it wasn’t me hidden by some fat person it was just me. As long as I behaved in the way that I believe is the way to behave then I was alright. I was looking after a patient when I nursed and despite me treating him with kindness when he talked to his relatives about his nurse he described me as ‘some fat thing’ not even a person. It hurt but I now realise the fault lies with him not me. This is why I bang on about the psychology of weight loss it really is your biggest ally. If you pin all your hopes on when I reach x weight/ size I ll be happy, you may be disappointed. Our minds can I pretty cruel and suddenly there is something else to pull ourselves down about. Don’t bloody let your head away with it. Each and every one of us has points of value do not forget this. I am very glad that stomach is a downsizing honey pot though😁 so glad that the hipster jean has been removed from the fashion must have😜

Do I feel happy with myself? Yes I do,I didn’t like the fact that my weight was restricting me, I didn’t like the fact I was slower going up stairs and it involved more effort. I didn’t like the fact my sleep was being a bit effected. I didn’t like the fact that my clothes looked like I was drawing them on. BUT and you might not be surprised to hear it’s a big but 🙃 I was happy with myself all along. I ve got to the point where I like me, there I said it, how very un British 😉 the biggest turning point was accepting me warts and all. I try to do the right thing, I treat people the way I’d like be treated, I have a lot of fun, I came to realise it wasn’t me hidden by some fat person it was just me. As long as I behaved in the way that I believe is the way to behave then I was alright. I was looking after a patient when I nursed and despite me treating him with kindness when he talked to his relatives about his nurse he described me as ‘some fat thing’ not even a person. It hurt but I now realise the fault lies with him not me. This is why I bang on about the psychology of weight loss it really is your biggest ally. If you pin all your hopes on when I reach x weight/ size I ll be happy, you may be disappointed. Our minds can I pretty cruel and suddenly there is something else to pull ourselves down about. Don’t bloody let your head away with it. Each and every one of us has points of value do not forget this. I am very glad that stomach is a downsizing honey pot though😁 so glad that the hipster jean has been removed from the fashion must have😜

Yes I love your attitude about this, it really is what it’s all about! Being a good person is everything and at the end of the day, it’s better to be a bit chubby than be a total *****! I truly believe that we need to accept ourselves as we are now to maintain weight loss and be happy - if we don’t get used to that feeling of self love then we will not know what to do when we get to our goal weight, as we won’t have learned how to love ourselves as we are! I’m sorry to hear what your patient said about you but you are right in that it’s his problem! I’m definitely guilty of thinking I’ll be happier when I’m skinny, I’ll go to more things, I’ll wear nicer clothes etc. In reality the only thing stopping me doing these things right now is myself! Xx

This is why I bang on about the psychology of weight loss it really is your biggest ally. If you pin all your hopes on when I reach x weight/ size I ll be happy, you may be disappointed. Our minds can I pretty cruel and suddenly there is something else to pull ourselves down about. Don’t bloody let your head away with it. Each and every one of us has points of value do not forget this. I am very glad that stomach is a downsizing honey pot though😁 so glad that the hipster jean has been removed from the fashion must have😜

This. So much this! I think I have reverse anorexia in as much as I just don't see fat acreteing. It's like I get fatter and fatter and don't really notice. Until I find it more difficult going up stairs. I was shocked to see me in the mirrored wardrobe doors at my sisters. I hadn't realised I have no long mirrors in my house.....when I know where I'll be living, I will have a long mirror where I will see myself daily naked.

I am very glad that stomach is a downsizing honey pot though😁 so glad that the hipster jean has been removed from the fashion must have😜
Me too. High waisted bootcuts all the way. Well at goal - right now I'm doing ebay/charity shops so go for thigh fitting instead! And I love the downsizing honeypot. Mine, too!

The results are in, six weeks later and I am officially 1st 6 and a half pounds lighter. I am delighted. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
The weight came off at a steady 2.5 lbs weekly 7 in the first. So today I'm at 11.9 and it feels great. 2 weeks of step 2 and then on back to sensible weight maintaining
It's day one of the festival I 've got 3 shows booked in, let's get this party started, pour me another tap water bar keep 😆😉

Attachments

• 20180806_132142.jpg
    20180806_132142.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
The results are in, six weeks later and I am officially 1st 6 and a half pounds lighter. I am delighted. 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁
The weight came off at a steady 2.5 lbs weekly 7 in the first. So today I'm at 11.9 and it feels great. 2 weeks of step 2 and then on back to sensible weight maintaining
It's day one of the festival I 've got 3 shows booked in, let's get this party started, pour me another tap water bar keep 😆😉
This is fantastic news! Well done Dragon! Enjoy the festival :D

ps. I will absolutely keep on posting. This place is a lifesaver!

This. So much this! I think I have reverse anorexia in as much as I just don't see fat acreteing. It's like I get fatter and fatter and don't really notice. Until I find it more difficult going up stairs. I was shocked to see me in the mirrored wardrobe doors at my sisters. I hadn't realised I have no long mirrors in my house.....when I know where I'll be living, I will have a long mirror where I will see myself daily naked.

Me too. High waisted bootcuts all the way. Well at goal - right now I'm doing ebay/charity shops so go for thigh fitting instead! And I love the downsizing honeypot. Mine, too!

Absolutely you can visualise yourself quite differently. I found that I’d put a bit of weight on feel meh then acclimatise to it and so the cycle continues. I once caught sight of myself on all fours ( I was looking for my shoes pre work, don’t be getting any funny ideas😉) naked, it was ermm a sobering sight. I don’t think women are meant to have udders.

How you getting on x

This is fantastic news! Well done Dragon! Enjoy the festival :D

ps. I will absolutely keep on posting. This place is a lifesaver!

Thank you, really glad you are going to keep posting, looking forward to your food diary too, it will be good to swap ideas, let’s see what we can do with 200 cals🙂
X

Thank you, really glad you are going to keep posting, looking forward to your food diary too, it will be good to swap ideas, let’s see what we can do with 200 cals🙂
X
The stuff i made the other day (2 soups and a stew) each come at 136 to 213 per portion. I'm happy about how that turned out. My plan is to only have 400cals of meal replacements per day and leave 400cals for dinner so I can add stuff (for example salad next to the stew) to those portions if I want to.

Back