The Ultimate Pudding/Dessert Challenge - Help

lt52

Silver Member
Ok so there no hiding the fact that i like a good old pud/chocolate bar/huge piece of cake.....
I have been searching high and low for some form of decent SW Friendly Pud of some description, even with my limited cooking skills!

So i've adapted the weetabix muffin recipe to have a chocolatey surprise, i've eating fruit, yoghurt, jelly and adapted it into whatever is even possible.
...............What have i learnt.... i am bored of fruit, jelly and yoghurt! In whatever format......

Its clear to see that there isn't a low syn cake/chocolate/pud/dessert or whatever out there.... but i will make it my goal to find it..... All i ask is that folk out there help me out in my quest to actually find something that means i don't 'go off the wagon' so much for a bit of cake (and yes i have tried the 1/2 cake thing and 2 syn microwave egg cake - let's call it what it is - flavoured egg!). So far all i've found is the Flan base cake with jelly on it, again too much jelly - its over kill!

So i'm after any ingredients, previous ideas, new ideas or anything that would support me in my find to 'The Ultimate Low Syn Dessert!'
I am happy to bake/adapt - however i am limited in cooking skills and ideally i'm not looking for something over 5 syns as i can buy brownie cakey things for between 7-10 syns.

I will keep all posted on my progress..... i need all the help i can get!

Lee

I saw this that I did screen shots of, sounds yummy

image-3563192261.jpg

image-3826079928.jpg

Sorry I'm rubbish at attaching links xx

Have you tried the scan bran cake made with Toffee Muller light?

I've adapted the recipie to use all bran and added carrots and a little flour to make it more cakey. I think its quite satisfying :) I mostly use this as my healthy B then it's only about 2 syns for the whole cake (for the flour)

So add a little bit of boiling water to 80g of all bran just to mash it. Then mix in two beaten eggs, a teaspoon of baking powder, a few drops of vanilla essence, a grated carrot, a large tablespoon of self raising, 3 dessert spoons of granulated sweetener, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or mixed spice and a toffee muller light. Mix it all together. Put it in a microwaveable tray (I use a silicon loaf time) and microwave for about 7 minutes.

There is also a girl in our group who makes Chocolate "rice pudding". She takes her healthy A of milk and uses it to make an options (2 syns). She then uses the hot choccy milk to make up cous cous. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. Got to be worth a go?

Have you tried the scan bran cake made with Toffee Muller light?

I've adapted the recipie to use all bran and added carrots and a little flour to make it more cakey. I think its quite satisfying :) I mostly use this as my healthy B then it's only about 2 syns for the whole cake (for the flour)

So add a little bit of boiling water to 80g of all bran just to mash it. Then mix in two beaten eggs, a teaspoon of baking powder, a few drops of vanilla essence, a grated carrot, a large tablespoon of self raising, 3 dessert spoons of granulated sweetener, a teaspoon of ground cinnamon or mixed spice and a toffee muller light. Mix it all together. Put it in a microwaveable tray (I use a silicon loaf time) and microwave for about 7 minutes.

There is also a girl in our group who makes Chocolate "rice pudding". She takes her healthy A of milk and uses it to make an options (2 syns). She then uses the hot choccy milk to make up cous cous. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. Got to be worth a go?

Thanks for the tips - i don't really like the rice pudding bit and i have done the scan bran cake - its ok but nothing desserty if you get me..... i'm wanting to do the impossible maybe and make a proper cake for like zero syns lol

Lots to think about... thank you!

Just have to subscribe to this...gotta see the impossible made possible :-D

Haha.... wicked - so glad you are!

I think i have set the impossible but i am willing to give it a damn good go - i am sick of eating the same puds/snacks. I mean i snack on jelly and fruit - so i don't want to have it as a pud as well - there has to be something else out there i swear....

Any advice you have i would REALLY love and REALLY need lol.....

Lee

Make a HEB cake with oats (also fat-free yoghurt, egg and Stevia) and then add cocoa powder and for additional ooziness, add some chocolate pieces in the middle to melt for later.
If you keep the chocolate dark, the Syn value for this cake is low.

Oat cakes/muffins are my speciality :)

Make a HEB cake with oats (also fat-free yoghurt, egg and Stevia) and then add cocoa powder and for additional ooziness, add some chocolate pieces in the middle to melt for later.
If you keep the chocolate dark, the Syn value for this cake is low.

Oat cakes/muffins are my speciality :)

Ahh now that might be thinking along the right lines.... i've got lots to think about already..... this is going to be so much fun to try and do lol

What have i let myself in for

Some of them are a little high..... not sure - some research and thinking i reckon

I make a SW style cheesecake which works out @ 2 syns if using the Alpen Lights as your hexb choice

2 x Alpen lights soften for 10secs in the microwave

Mash flat to make base in an egg ring or the like, then I mix quark and a little sweetener with a choccy options and spoon on top of the base. Add any mixed fruit and place in the fridge to set

Attachments

• image-1577779796.jpg
    image-1577779796.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 177
  • image-2595375569.jpg
    image-2595375569.jpg
    535.5 KB · Views: 175
  • image-573632812.jpg
    image-573632812.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 162
A choc dessert that's been discussed a few times in my group & my weigh in group is quark mixed with a cadbury highlight bourneville sachet! It's thick, chocolatey, filling, tasted like raw cake mixture, worth a go??

If you search slimming world curly wurly brownies, or rolo cupcakes, those two recipes are awesome and use proper flour and cocoa powder

I make a SW style cheesecake which works out @ 2 syns if using the Alpen Lights as your hexb choice

2 x Alpen lights soften for 10secs in the microwave

Mash flat to make base in an egg ring or the like, then I mix quark and a little sweetener with a choccy options and spoon on top of the base. Add any mixed fruit and place in the fridge to set

I have tried this! It was ok - nothing quite as impressive looking as yours! Something i have fogotten about and potentially could use in my plans to make a good pud. The problem is i tend you use my HEB at breakfast so i would have to syn then alpen lights which is quite a lot!

Thanks for the tip - i reckon i could use this in some way

Lee

A choc dessert that's been discussed a few times in my group & my weigh in group is quark mixed with a cadbury highlight bourneville sachet! It's thick, chocolatey, filling, tasted like raw cake mixture, worth a go??

If you search slimming world curly wurly brownies, or rolo cupcakes, those two recipes are awesome and use proper flour and cocoa powder

Ooo yeah... i have done this and could potentially use it!

I've tried the curly wurly cake and its wasn't that good and i've made rolo muffins - without cocoa powder and flour!

Interesting... getting some ideas!

Thanks

I pulled this off another thread, haven't tried it yet but I certainly will at some point!

Lemon Meringue Dessert Pots

300g quark

1 lemon, grated and juiced

3 eggs, separated

4 tbsp granulated sweetener

Pre heat oven to 180C/350F. Beat quark, lemon juice, egg yolks and zest with 2 tbsps of sweetener then place in oven proof ramekins. Bake for 10 mins. Whisk egg whites until they hold their own shape, then whisk in remaining sweetener. Pile on top of the desserts then put back in oven for 5 mins or until golden brown. Serve chilled.

I pulled this off another thread, haven't tried it yet but I certainly will at some point!

Lemon Meringue Dessert Pots

300g quark

1 lemon, grated and juiced

3 eggs, separated

4 tbsp granulated sweetener

Pre heat oven to 180C/350F. Beat quark, lemon juice, egg yolks and zest with 2 tbsps of sweetener then place in oven proof ramekins. Bake for 10 mins. Whisk egg whites until they hold their own shape, then whisk in remaining sweetener. Pile on top of the desserts then put back in oven for 5 mins or until golden brown. Serve chilled.

I've tried the egg whites and found them quite weird like but it could work with a strong lemon flavour

To be perfectly honest you could use a bit of sugar instead of sweetener for the meringue part, it would only add a syn or so to each serving and would maybe taste better?

Lee, have you tried the chickpea and apricot cake by any chance? It came out more cakey for me than most of the low-syn cake recipes. You can always leave out the apricots and add a Highlights sachet instead if you want chocolate cake I suppose. This cake was nice warm as well as cold; pic shows half the cake on a side plate.

Since I cannot for the life of me see the difference between blending chickpeas and adding savoury spices (as per the syn-free hummus recipe on the SW website) and blending chickpeas and adding sweetener and extract (as per this recipe), for me this cake - on Green or EE - only needs counting as half a syn for the baking powder, and of course the Hex if you add the apricots. I'm sure somebody will let you know how many syns a can of chickpeas is if you wish to syn them though!

Apricot & Chickpea Cake

1 x 400g tin chickpeas (drained & rinsed thoroughly, then dried on a paper towel)
1 tsp baking powder (½ syn)
4 tbsp Splenda (stays sweet during cooking unlike other sweeteners)
3 eggs
70g semi-dried apricots, chopped (Hex B)
1 tbsp almond or vanilla extract
-----------------------------------------
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Line a small loaf tin or 7-8" sponge tin with baking parchment, then spritz the parchment with Frylight.
Blend together everything except the apricots, until the mixture looks like cake mix.
Stir in the apricots and bake for about 30 mins or until your skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy!

Chickpea & Apricot Cake.jpg

Not worked with chickpeas before another option for me - thanks

Back