The Ultimate Pudding/Dessert Challenge - Help

Honestly this is really nice....although I think I saw you're not too keen on Jaffa cakes.
turns out a bit like a panna cotta texture.
image.jpg

Baked oats are great as a dessert. Use the oats as HEB then syns come from whatever flavouring you use. I've made it with peanut hottie and it made 3 buns (using the silicone bun cases) and drizzled some choc shot on too. I've also made it with raspberries but put it into a ceramic dish instead.

Recipe is:
35g oats
50 ml milk
2 tbsp sweetener
1 small or med egg
Plus whatever flavoring
Drop of vanilla extract

Mix all together and put in oven 20 mins.

This is currently my favourite HEB :)

Oooo I can so use that! There is so much to think about and consider here..... I'm a little overwhelmed.... Thanks guys!

Baked oats are great as a dessert. Use the oats as HEB then syns come from whatever flavouring you use. I've made it with peanut hottie and it made 3 buns (using the silicone bun cases) and drizzled some choc shot on too. I've also made it with raspberries but put it into a ceramic dish instead. Recipe is: 35g oats 50 ml milk 2 tbsp sweetener 1 small or med egg Plus whatever flavoring Drop of vanilla extract Mix all together and put in oven 20 mins. This is currently my favourite HEB :)
What flavouring would you recommend? Sounds lovely x

So far I've only done it with the peanut hottie and raspberries. Prefer the raspberries- less syns with them too!

So far I've only done it with the peanut hottie and raspberries. Prefer the raspberries- less syns with them too!

I think i've found a good use for me choc shot!

Lee, have you tried the chickpea and apricot cake by any chance? It came out more cakey for me than most of the low-syn cake recipes. You can always leave out the apricots and add a Highlights sachet instead if you want chocolate cake I suppose. This cake was nice warm as well as cold; pic shows half the cake on a side plate.

Since I cannot for the life of me see the difference between blending chickpeas and adding savoury spices (as per the syn-free hummus recipe on the SW website) and blending chickpeas and adding sweetener and extract (as per this recipe), for me this cake - on Green or EE - only needs counting as half a syn for the baking powder, and of course the Hex if you add the apricots. I'm sure somebody will let you know how many syns a can of chickpeas is if you wish to syn them though!

Apricot & Chickpea Cake

1 x 400g tin chickpeas (drained & rinsed thoroughly, then dried on a paper towel)
1 tsp baking powder (½ syn)
4 tbsp Splenda (stays sweet during cooking unlike other sweeteners)
3 eggs
70g semi-dried apricots, chopped (Hex B)
1 tbsp almond or vanilla extract
-----------------------------------------
Pre-heat oven to 180C.
Line a small loaf tin or 7-8" sponge tin with baking parchment, then spritz the parchment with Frylight.
Blend together everything except the apricots, until the mixture looks like cake mix.
Stir in the apricots and bake for about 30 mins or until your skewer comes out clean.
Enjoy!

View attachment 169774

This is technically classified as a tweak and is not half a syn for the entire cake.
As the Chick Peas are being utilised as a replacement for flour, you will need to Syn it appropriately and chickpeas rack up the syns rapidly, proceed with caution! :3

This is technically classified as a tweak and is not half a syn for the entire cake.
As the Chick Peas are being utilised as a replacement for flour, you will need to Syn it appropriately and chickpeas rack up the syns rapidly, proceed with caution! :3

Thanks for the advice.... everything i am thinking of doing involves tweaks - so i will put it out there right now that it is the case to think tweak like with what i come up with. I know you should syn flour substitutes but for me i will choose to ignore this unless it is genuinely synned. Personally, i haven't had any gains using tweaks so i'm happy to do them as one offs. I particularly like it as it helps me get it out me system using a tweak which is amazingly less syns than the actual thing.... so there are the plus sides - however if you do notice gains and it effects your health/losses and all that then defo proceed with caution.

Also if you eat the whole thing that would be quite bad anyway lol!

I don't condone doing tweaks or suggest that's the way forward but i have done a smash pizza, smash crispy chicken and some others once..... got it out me system and not done it since

Proceed with cautions...

Lee

Ok so i've had an attempt today.....

Some of you will look at this in disgust.... some of you will look at this as a stroke of genius..... some of you will think i have gone crazy..... some of you will be impressed with my improvising-ness..... some of you will think bad of me..... some of you may think i have achieved my goal and some of you will think it is a cop out and i've still got far to go!

Ok, its a cous cous cake.... technically a tweak. Now i don't support tweaking but i do tweak... thats tweak not twerk lol. Some tweaking i agree with and some i do not. Some tweaking mean you get a fix really easily for no/low syns instead of giving in and going off plan. Some tweaking and over tweaking i understand not being helpful etc etc etc..... but i have tweaked and i am not encouraging tweaking.

Never made a cous cous cake, so i've tried - the cake, yes it tastes like cous cous, it is nice - maybe not so much lol. Its covered in fat free fromage frais with an options mixed in, so overall 2 syns for the whole cake. However, for you non tweakers out there its probably more like 30 syns. Maybe an actual piece of cake would be better - if you're happy to go off plan completely for a day.

Again, i am making it clear i don't support or encourage tweaking i only try it and see..... to me, synning fruit that is blended is beyond me as that's what your stomach does and things like baking smash pizza/chicken coated smash is exactly the same as baking a shepherd's pie - why one rule for one and not another.... i also understand the whole 'not used for proper meaning' - but its free food, i also understand the 'not using as it comes' - well to me, you toast bread and that's not what its normally like, so what's the difference between making cous cous into a cake or using bread for fake-away KFC or making a piece of toast! Again, i also understand its not part of a main meal.... although a smash pizza is, as you have it with salad and super free/speed food toppings so i understand all sides and squares as well as circumferences and symmerty (not sure of the Maths reference here as i hate maths lol).

It is what it is, it's up to people if the read, try, tweak or not tweak.... this is what i have done.... what do you think (opinions on tweaking not needed i've heard and read and debated them all)

P.S - now i've made a cous cous cake and done this..... i won't be doing it again any time soon, i'd rather go off plan and eat cake - so tweak that! lol

Lee

DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0005.JPG DSC_0006.JPG DSC_0007.JPG

Eton Mess!!

Small meringue nest (3 syns)
Fat free greek yogurt (mixed with a little sweetner to taste)
raspberries/strawberries

Mix it all together and it's done! :)
You can use which ever fat free yoghurt you prefer - I've used the vanilla Activia yogurts before, they worked quite well (and still free :) )

One of my all time favourite desserts and it's pretty low in syns :)

I've never tried to half a syn cake, but I hate eggs (unless it's in a proper cake of course ;) lol) and my friedn advised me not to try it as she thought it was quite eggy tasting.
I do love a smash cake though, plenty of strawberries on top, it's lovely! Can't even taste the smash!

Eton Mess!!

Small meringue nest (3 syns)
Fat free greek yogurt (mixed with a little sweetner to taste)
raspberries/strawberries

Mix it all together and it's done! :)
You can use which ever fat free yoghurt you prefer - I've used the vanilla Activia yogurts before, they worked quite well (and still free :) )

One of my all time favourite desserts and it's pretty low in syns :)

I've never tried to half a syn cake, but I hate eggs (unless it's in a proper cake of course ;) lol) and my friedn advised me not to try it as she thought it was quite eggy tasting.
I do love a smash cake though, plenty of strawberries on top, it's lovely! Can't even taste the smash!

Thanks,

The Eton mess, for me is what it is - a mess :( something bugs me about it and i'm not quite sure what it is lol.

The cous cous cake tastes like cous cous so you don't taste the egg. The 1/2 cake thing taste like egg to me. Not tried a smash cake.... that might be a step too far. I have made a savoury version - smash, onion, tomato, bacon, cheese, courgette in little 'cake' type things - they were nice

Lee

Thanks,

The Eton mess, for me is what it is - a mess :( something bugs me about it and i'm not quite sure what it is lol.

The cous cous cake tastes like cous cous so you don't taste the egg. The 1/2 cake thing taste like egg to me. Not tried a smash cake.... that might be a step too far. I have made a savoury version - smash, onion, tomato, bacon, cheese, courgette in little 'cake' type things - they were nice

Lee

You could always layer everything on top of the meringue? lol :)

As for the smash cake, I got told it was mixed with a mullerlight vanilla yoghurt, so it didn't even taste like smash :)

I've had a savoury version too (like little cheese scones) and they were lovely :) a little bit of bacon with them... they were made for a BBQ with friends... but me and a friend ate the majority of them before anything else was prepped! :)

Reading through this thread and its pretty interesting some of the idea people come up with to create some of these low syn alternatives to usual favorites.

Got me thinking about how I could go about creating a dessert or sweet treat myself.

I think it would be quite beneficial to put together a comprehensive list of all things that are low in syns that are either sweet or can be sweetened. That way we can look at ingredients and find a way to combine some of them to create something new and unique.

May be worth starting a new thread for this, get everyone's suggestions and add it into a document people can download.

What you think?

Reading through this thread and its pretty interesting some of the idea people come up with to create some of these low syn alternatives to usual favorites.

Got me thinking about how I could go about creating a dessert or sweet treat myself.

I think it would be quite beneficial to put together a comprehensive list of all things that are low in syns that are either sweet or can be sweetened. That way we can look at ingredients and find a way to combine some of them to create something new and unique.

May be worth starting a new thread for this, get everyone's suggestions and add it into a document people can download.

What you think?

Yes! Please! Help!

I can't do it - only by tweaking, go for it!

And i can't bake - did you see that mess of a cake - lol!!

Hi Lee, congratulations on finding something. Would you say you were happy with it, overall?

Also, your cake covering looks pink to me (could be wrong- the eyesight is deteriorating with old age!) and you mentioned you used an Options. Which one did you use?

Thank you.

Hi Lee, congratulations on finding something. Would you say you were happy with it, overall?

Also, your cake covering looks pink to me (could be wrong- the eyesight is deteriorating with old age!) and you mentioned you used an Options. Which one did you use?

Thank you.

There is a slight pinkness to it, but it was just a normal Options Hot chocolate sachet - so not sure of the pinkess tink lol - maybe i should be worried.

In all honesty - nope not happy - it just takes like a slice of cous cous - it was ok, i have one piece and one the following day. What was nice and surprising is the topping, which is FF Fromage Frais went hard the following day so it was more like icing lol

There is a slight pinkness to it, but it was just a normal Options Hot chocolate sachet - so not sure of the pinkess tink lol - maybe i should be worried.

In all honesty - nope not happy - it just takes like a slice of cous cous - it was ok, i have one piece and one the following day. What was nice and surprising is the topping, which is FF Fromage Frais went hard the following day so it was more like icing lol

I made a cake last night which in just polishing off at the moment, and I thought I've got to tell Lee about it so signed in!

I just wish I could figure out how to upload pictures. A member did leave me a post recently on how to do it but I just didn't get it. It sounded so complicated!

Back