The Vanishing Fiddler

Day 6

Still 11.2. So still only 4lbs lost in my first week. Am I being silly to be a bit disappointed? Was 100% again yesterday but stayed the same again.

Am worried that after the weight loss this first week, which is usually spectacular for most people, my weight loss will just grind to a halt....

Im glad I have been weighing every day, because if I had stuck to the diet 100% all week, weighed exitedly at the end expecting a huge loss and found I had only lost 4lbs, I would give up. At least it hasn't come as a huge disappointment.

Im still going to keep going. Surely it HAS to come off on ts! Surely it is physically impossible not to lose weight on it!

Aaaargh!!!!!

Porridge then work.

Wonder of totm is due.... hmm.....

I dont think the number on the scales is everything. It even went up a bit for me during last week lol! I hav felt bloated frm water at times and thats maybe the reason and i really think im changing shape a bit lol! Although i havent been measuring...

It has to be impossible not to lose weight on 600 cals a day but all our bodies will respond in their own way at their own pace. Each day we stick it out therefore is a day closer to reaching our goals! ;-) x

Im also considering getting some ketostix to check as im into 2nd week and as i came off plan on sat im not sure of im back in it or not. Keep over analysing the signs... Maybe a pink stick will make it clearer! ;-)

You are right. If we stick to the diet, the weight HAS to come off! sooner or later. And if a little weight goes on from time to time, it will always come back off. So no need to panic (that will now become my mantra...).

Ordered my ketostix. It's difficult to know whether you are in ketosis unless you experience the well known symptoms. I never seem to experience them, apart from being cold. But then I'm cold a lot of the time anyway so that's nothing new!

Pink or purple results would be lovely for us both!

Have had dinner - cottage pie, or is it shepherds pie? Whichever, very nice it was too. Made it on the hob and it turned out beautifully. I would have loved a big dollop of mashed potatoes with it though (my downfall, or at least one of them..)

Off to collect the girls from dancing then I'm away out to a fiddle session - yay! It's my night of the week to do what I want to do. Driving so no danger of me drinking - bonus!

So first WI. Down to 11.1 so 5lbs off which is good. Had hoped for more in my first week if im honest, but I dont lose quickly and I don't have a huge amount to lose. So need to be realistic. And 5lbs off is so much better than 5lbs on!!

It was actually 5 1/2 lbs but only counting in whole pounds :)

So close to the tens now.... cant wait!

Suspecting totm is due which will be a factor in what shows on the scales.

So here we go with week 2. The last week has flown by! Still enjoying the packs. Cant see me having a problem sticking with exante. The easiest diet I have ever tried.

And am amazed to find that I am not missing wine! Really thought I would. Feeling very well.

Good night fiddling last night. Bit tired today though. Some of us are starting a new ceilidh band and I recruited a banjo playing caller last night, so thats us good to go as we now have a complete lineup. All good!

Off to my mum's this morning, then shopping as my eldest daughter is coming for dinner tonight. Must be sure to cook something I dont like. Something with prawns would be an idea. ...

Fantastic! Bet u feel amazing wearing that today! I always think clothes tell a better story than the scales! x

Carbonara is actually my fave! I make sure it is properly covered for full 5 mins after mixing with boiling water then give it a bit extra in the micro than the instructions to make sure pasta is soft. It is watery but i love the taste i just think of it as more of a soup.

Think il have that for my tea. What did you go for? x

Enjoy. I wont be on next couple of days as off to anglesey in the morning til sat. Hope we are both still on track then! x

Week 2 Day 2

Another pound down - 11.0! In the next few days I hope to be in the tens. So exciting.

Well and truly into ketosis. Am now convinced of it. Feel great. Not very hungry at all, just when I am due to eat. Looking SO much better already! Stomach is much flatter as am no longer bloated. Cheekbones are reappearing. Clothes are fitting better. Really happy.

The weird thing is that I get a fixation on getting to my goal weight, as if I wont see any improvement until I reach that point. I forget that the improvements begin at the very start of the diet and become more visible as time goes on, right through the diet process. It is those changes which help me to keep going.

In the office this morning then off to the hairdresser yay! :) Hair cut and highlighted and brows shaped and tinted. An afternoon being pampered. Lovely.

Have a headache. Been out all day and havent drunk enough water. Ouch.

Just made spag bol. Turned out really well in the microwave. Left it to sit for 5 minutes prior to zapping and that seemed to do the trick, like with the carbonara. Getting the hang of it now.

Spent the afternoon at the hairdresser getting my hair cut and highlighted and having my brows done. Big improvement. Feeling better about myself.

Hi sounds like u are doing amazing!! I have gone off plan a little with going away and have no packs left because of lateness of delivery so i cant continue for now. Bit gutted but i will be back soon. U will prob be nearly at goal weight!!

Well done u are doing fab x

Haha I doubt it! Been stuck at 11.0 for days!

Mind you, is totm so I might find it starts shifting again soon. I really want to be into the tens this week.

Felt really shaky tonight and lightheaded. I think it is because of totm. So had a little bit of chicken (no skin or dressing) and as I have a sweet tooth atm (another annoying side effect) I had a shake instead of a meal. I feel so much better now.

Been putting off having the vanilla shake as it has had a lot of bad reviews on here. Just had it and it is definitely my favourite shake of the lot!!! Delicious!

I must have really weird taste buds compared to other people.... :confused:

I love the vanilla shake too! Grrr i wish my order was here!!!

Back