The Wedding Dress Thread

My other half filled the house with flowers,lit hundreds of candles and got down on one knee to propose to me.... Oh no... wait a minute that wasnt me, I'm thinking of an old friends episode.... Perhaps in the next life, eh ?

jilly said:
My other half filled the house with flowers,lit hundreds of candles and got down on one knee to propose to me.... Oh no... wait a minute that wasnt me, I'm thinking of an old friends episode.... Perhaps in the next life, eh ?

Damn you! I was reading that thinking wow what a romantic!! Lol xx

Minks ;)

Damn you! I was reading that thinking wow what a romantic!! Lol xx

Minks ;)

Fraid not . A little white stick which had a blue shade appear in the window after 2 minutes dictated my wedding date!

Not all bad though the shade of blue is now a wonderful young man and the cause of the shade of blue is taking me to London next month to celebrate 19 happy years together. All together ahhhhhh

Aw, that's a romantic enough story in itself Jilly, it just took a bit longer to transpire!!

Besides, the flowers would have all been dead in a week :rolleyes:

jilly said:
Fraid not . A little white stick which had a blue shade appear in the window after 2 minutes dictated my wedding date!

Not all bad though the shade of blue is now a wonderful young man and the cause of the shade of blue is taking me to London next month to celebrate 19 happy years together. All together ahhhhhh

Ahhhhhh!!!!! ;)

oh wow that's a stunner.

AW EB well done! You deserve it xx

I've agreed to do the cake for my sisters wedding. She wants 3 tiers, square. One layer fruit cake. 1 victoria sponge & 1 chocolate sponge.

Anyone got the 1st clue where i start?!?!

kingleds said:
I've agreed to do the cake for my sisters wedding. She wants 3 tiers, square. One layer fruit cake. 1 victoria sponge & 1 chocolate sponge.

My sis is a chef & makes wedding cakes...can find out for u...inbox me wot u need to know..etc

I love weddings!
I got married 3 years ago (it's my anniversary next week) and I had a Maggie Sottero dress too. Hopefully this link will work -

DSC00044.jpg

And I had deep purple peep toed shoes!

kingleds said:

My advice would be to pay a baker! I can't bake for toffee :D

kingleds said:

Do you have the tins? I would absolutely recommend a trial run first lol.

Victoria and chocolate sponge easy and very tasty, light and fluffy receipe by delia.

Weigh your eggs and then whatever they weigh match all your ingredients to weigh the same. Do the caster sugar and stork first and cream it for at least 5 mins in a blender, then slowly add your flour then your eggs then 2 cap fulls of vanilla essence (for the chocolate add cocoa powder by the teaspoon until you decide its chocolatey enough) this makes perfect sponges!

Fruit cakes taste better when done a week in advance. The fruit will have to be the bottom tier as its heavier and would sink into the sponge tiers.

You will need to buy a smoother for your icing they are super cheap on eBay also if she wants hearts or flowers or any design you can buy on eBay sets of three icing cutters really cheap but they look so pretty and make life really easy when decorating cakes and edible glitter makes any cake look so beautiful.

(i make cakes and cupcakes for parties and gifts as a sideline job so msg me about anything)

X x x

SO tempted to change my date!

Booked for 8/6/13, but the photographers I wanted can't do it, and neither can the video dude I wanted. Originally wanted 15th, but the venue couldn't do it, so settled on the 8th. But I'm oh so close to seeing if I can change it to 22nd as the video dude and the photographer can do that, and the video dude has an amazing offer on today, meaning we would save around £500 in total. But I must resist! Otherwise, come the 22nd, if its raining or something goes wrong, I will be convinced I have jinxed it!

I changed my date all for the sake of a bottle bar!

Back