The Wedding Dress Thread

We never even picked a date, we went to the Register office to see how to get married, and as we left my shell shocked man said "Have we just booked to get married in three weeks time?"

Bless him he did look slain! Lol

We didn't pick a date either. We just went with a date that was free for the church and the reception. We knew we wanted this year and OH is deployed May-September so it had to be after. First date that was free, we took!

We got "given" 13th March by the registrar as no one wanted to marry on the 13th.

Quite looking forward to having it as my 19th wedding anniversary date next month.

jilly said:
We got "given" 13th March by the registrar as no one wanted to marry on the 13th.

Quite looking forward to having it as my 19th wedding anniversary date next month.

We've got 13th too. October. Probably why it was available.

On cost saving exercises, my friend married on 11 September. No one wanted it, they couldn't sell it and they got a castle in italy for a cut down bargain cost.

jilly said:

Tis a great day! I was born on Friday 13th March!!!!

i passed my driving test on friday 13th of march lol

I was looking for a particular photo on my daughters pc, and came across this one.

It's of Pinky on her wedding day......

P1010019.jpg

ginlin said:
I was looking for a particular photo on my daughters pc, and came across this one.

It's of Pinky on her wedding day......

Pinky is my Bride of the year!

And I love a good wedding thread too!

Long time since I wore mine, 1989, it was a Pronovias dress, and will get my son to scan a picture in for me to post.

I was hoping we'd get some vintage ones Ginlin :)

My son is a bit busy at the moment with Uni work, so, doesn't want to scan for me, but, coincidentally Hubby brought home MIL's little album of our wedding this afternoon, so, not the best I know, being a photo of a photo, but here goes....

012-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

ginlin said:
My son is a bit busy at the moment with Uni work, so, doesn't want to scan for me, but, coincidentally Hubby brought home MIL's little album of our wedding this afternoon, so, not the best I know, being a photo of a photo, but here goes....

Love your dress!!

Absolutely stunning classic design! X

Shirleen said:
We never even picked a date, we went to the Register office to see how to get married, and as we left my shell shocked man said "Have we just booked to get married in three weeks time?"

Bless him he did look slain! Lol

I did exactly the same but we had to wait 10 week for a Saturday slot x

012-3.jpg

011-1.jpg

Beautiful dress!

I did exactly the same but we had to wait 10 week for a Saturday slot x

Ahh did you get married in November though? 27th November 1993 was a really warm day too!

I love this thread. I had to check it out after wedding photos started appearing in people diaries!

I love all of them :)

Here's my dress:

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-3254481904.jpg
    image-3254481904.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 120
I getting married on 19 May - having a double wedding with my sister... This is my dress, I just to slim down so I can look as good as the model in it!

Attachments

• nicholasmillington2.jpg
    nicholasmillington2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 159
Shirleen said:
Beautiful dress!

Ahh did you get married in November though? 27th November 1993 was a really warm day too!

No I got married in 20th Sept 2003, came back from honeymoon on sunday then got married on the Saturday, always liked to be different & had a lovely tan :D

You were really lucky to have good weather in November! X

Babysham80 said:
I getting married on 19 May - having a double wedding with my sister... This is my dress, I just to slim down so I can look as good as the model in it!

Love it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

This was my wedding dress when I got married 3 and half years ago. I bought it from an Ebay Wedding Shop. It had a lace up corset back and was covered in tiny little pearls. The bodice was very elaborately embroidered. I was chuffed to bits with it.

wedding pic.jpg

wedding pic1.jpg

Back