the wii and the scales

Does anyone ever think that that wii is not correct when it tells you your weight compared to your own scales. Heaps of people tell me oh dont listen to the wii its wrong, bla bla but i actually think its quite accurate to the bathroom scales i am using. Just wondered if i should believe.

I think it would probably depend on the board? I know mine weigh me differently to my scales, but then I move the wii board around a lot (but not my scales) so I don't know if that could effect it? It shouldn't but would probably depend on your floor.
Basically I don't really know - but I don't trust mine!

Its very confuzzing for me i don't know which one to go for - the scales or the wii fit because the wii fit weighs me as 12 stone 8lbs an my scales weigh me as 13 stone :( so i don't know what one's right! lol x

If you take 10 sets of scale you'd likely get 10 different weights and it will be the same with Wii I imagine. They are all calibrated differently and it will also depend on the floor surface as already said. So forget about worrying which one is right - just choose one and continue to use that to monitor your weight each week, in the same place, at the same time of day and wearing the same clothes. Then any losses you see will be accurate.

yep i think if you have a wooden floor/ hard surface they are accurate, if they are on carpet though they arnt, as with any scales, the carpet affects the weighing in. But if you always weigh on the carpet on the wii then the losses will show the same amount as the scales ,just the actual weight will be different.

They're actually pretty accurate. You just need them on solid hard surface, not carpet!

I dont trust my wii board at all - It says I have lost/put on a stone odd everytime i go on it! Even if ive just jumped off and waiting for the next game to load! But i work in a doctors surgery so I just use their scales:)
xxxx

Hmmm...yes I do think its accurate or not far off but for some strange when I weigh myself it says I'm obese but then when it comes to setting goals it tells me to put 2lbs on to meet my ideal bmi annd I didn't reach my goal :S ????.....obviously there's a glitch as I defo don't need to put on any weight...I'm obese lol!!

I dont trust my wii board at all - It says I have lost/put on a stone odd everytime i go on it! Even if ive just jumped off and waiting for the next game to load! But i work in a doctors surgery so I just use their scales:)
xxxx

Good old technology :grumble:

i think the Wii is a little too accurate! you can drink a glass of water and it changes! but the flooring definitely makes a difference!

I go with my scales.

I use my wii fit to measure, on carpet. I figure as long as it is in the same place it will tell me how much i have lost/gained. also once i have got wii on to weigh it motivates me to play a few active games on it too.

For the past month I have used the Wii, and checked alongside my bathroom scales - old cheap ones, not digital.. And they show the actual weight a few pounds different [Wii is less than the Scales] but the actually losses are the same on both...

:)

For me the Wii fit is always 1/2 pounds up or down which I would think is accurate...but then it said my OH put on 7lbs in a day, which he clearly didn't so who knows!

Back