The word/abbr 'kg' ... does anyone else

mrsessex

Gold Member
I'm prob alone here (i have other weird things i dont like) but i cant stand the abbreviation 'kg' or talking about kilograms mainly because i dont understand anything other than pounds & stones and dont wanna know about kg's!!!

Im only 33 so not ancient but didnt do kg at school and i dunno i have a 'thing' about the abbreviation

Odd i know, anyone else?
:confused:

i am 30 and dont know about kilograms either????????

lol its like at the doctors before i dont cambridge he was quoting how much i was in 'kg's so i was like 'whats that in stone' looked at me like it was huge effort to convert it

*sigh*

I know HOW to convert dont get me wrong, i just like stones & pounds

Can you tell i aint got much to worry about LOL!

Im off to work now but had to get that off my chest x

I'm 53 and I know about KG :D And I did it at school. How weird is that.

I still prefer to think in stones and pounds though.

I'm 37 and we did no imperial at all, only metric, right through my school life. Yet on day-to-day stuff my mind works mostly in imperial; distance is miles (I know what a km is, but don't ask me how many there are from here to the town centre...), cars have BHP and lbs/ft torque (none of this PS and NM nonsence), stuff weighs stones, lbs and oz, I think of diesel in gallons and milk in pints, but buy diesel and Coke in litres??? Temperature is Centigrade but if I'm DIY'ing I have to force myself to measure stuff in mm...

Maybe it's because we're stuck between the US and Europe! But in the US their gallons are all wrong anyway...

I'm 37 and we did no imperial at all, only metric, right through my school life. Yet on day-to-day stuff my mind works mostly in imperial; distance is miles (I know what a km is, but don't ask me how many there are from here to the town centre...), cars have BHP and lbs/ft torque (none of this PS and NM nonsence), stuff weighs stones, lbs and oz, I think of diesel in gallons and milk in pints, but buy diesel and Coke in litres??? Temperature is Centigrade but if I'm DIY'ing I have to force myself to measure stuff in mm...

Maybe it's because we're stuck between the US and Europe! But in the US their gallons are all wrong anyway...

I could've written that myself! It's weird.. I measure height in feet and inches and weight in stones and pounds but was never taught those things at school!

I don't really get stones and pounds. Definitly not stones. oO;
But I know KG's since that's what we use here. xP

Back