There must be something wrong with me! I can't seem to like anything! HELP!!

alininha

Hi all

As some of you know, I have ordered the trial pack to see how things go...I have tried most of the shakes, tried the mushroom pasta and the vegetable soup today...and for me it was hard to get it down..

I saw wonderful reviews on this Forum, so I think that something must be wrong with me. I am in real need to loose at least 2st, but I don't know how I am going to do that if I can't take this food! I am doing everything as per instructions and the flavor just can bear.

I am not a fun of shakes, never did. However I used a blender this morning and tried to drink with my nose closed (so I could not taste it) and I end up getting sick...

Please please please! Any help will be greatly appreciated! I am getting over depressed girls and guys...

Hi, I'm sorry you are struggling with the packs, if you try using less or more water it can affect the taste, maybe add ice.cubes to blender with your shakes, makes it frothy and ice cream like, or try a bit of pepper in the packs, I'm sure if you contact the live help on the s&s website they can suggest a few things , I know how you feel as I struggled with some shakes on another vlcd. If you find a few you like at least , then you can have those to keep going for now, keep up with your water , I'm sure a few more ppl will have good tips for you too :)

Everyone's taste is different, are you on the three packs?
In the recipes section I posted one for a cake type treat, maybe you would like that better for the shakes? And as for the savoury stuff you would maybe like it more having it as a sauce with chicken and veg or something? Worth a try, if not maybe this just isn't for you, but it does get easier and a lot of the shakes are nice with some coffee or warmed up,takes away that sort of powdery taste
Hope this helps
X

Your tastes do change, not sure if that's about being in ketosis or not, but to give you an example, my favourite soup was thai at the beginning, now I can't even bear the thought of opening the packet, let alone having to down it! Maybe you could try an alternative ketogenic plan to get you in the zone as it were (one that doesn't involve packs?) and then try again for the vlc aspect once you're in there. You will still lose weight once in ketosis, and get the other benefits too, it's just the vlc aspect of total meal replacement and the big quick losses it gives that are so very attractive.

Maybe you just need to find how to do them to work for you. I have to add spices, herbs, coffee etc to some of them to make them more sued to my tastes.

Do you feel like your head is in the right place? I know that for me since restarting I'm enjoy packs a lot more and I think that's because I'm in such a good place mentally. I think it's much harder when you're not because just nothing tastes as good as real food, you know?

I have decided I'm not keen on the silver packs.. I like the chilli with the beans in and the spicy spag. Mild curry was not great, choked down the tomato chilli and the spag Bol is very similar. I also really liked the mac & cheese.. All shakes & bars are lush in my opinion and the soups are horrid!

I cannot stomach any of the soups, no will in the world would get me to eat them. I am feeling the same about the porridge too, made it for breakfast this morning and just couldnt swallow it. I stick to shakes, the toffee, latte, choc i have hot, the rest cold, I don't like the strawberry one but I dont like normal strawberry milkshake anyway. As for the meals I find if I make it with boiling water and less than what they suggest it bulks up before microwaving it. I add herbs, spices salt and pepper to my meals to make them have more taste. The bars I have for lunch, keen on them on all so far. It is a case of experimenting with flavour as there is something for everyone with S&S. If you really dont like any of the packs then probably VLCD is not for you as the other VLCD choices around are less appealing than S&S. Can you not look out for a 800-1000 calories a day diet, which is proper food.

It's my first day and I was ready to throw the towel in at tea time. I was so hungry. I had porridge for breakfast - it was ok jury's out on that! Lunch was veg soup again ok. Tried savoury water flavouring this afternoon - disgusting! The instructions say one teaspoon per 500ml which barely flavours the water. Tea was macaroni cheese - could've cried when I saw the small amount in the bottom of my cereal bowl - only saved by the broccoli to bulk it out. Was trying to save choc truffle bar until 9pm but had to eat it as I was hungry. I don't know if I can stick to this haven't cracked yet but will see. I've done Diet Chef before but I guess this is half the calories!

Aw Heather I feel for u but honestly it'll get better. Just always rmbr why u are doing this . I drink sparkling water alot that may help fill u up. If u stick with this u won't always feel this way hunny. I'm on day 13 & although official wi is Wed I've lost 17lbs :) I'm so proud of myself for sticking with it.

Thank you all for the replies.

I really don't know what is wrong with me, actually I do. I am going through a very very hard time on my personal life, including the weight problem, which does not help.

I will keep trying and mix some herbs (which I love it) to see what difference it will make.

You are all so good. I just cried my eyes out tonight, things are so hard right now....

Thank you all for the replies.

I really don't know what is wrong with me, actually I do. I am going through a very very hard time on my personal life, including the weight problem, which does not help.

I will keep trying and mix some herbs (which I love it) to see what difference it will make.

You are all so good. I just cried my eyes out tonight, things are so hard right now....

aww bless you sweetheart, well if you ever need a chat just send me an inbox, life can be mighty tough sometimes and I know things way me down more when I'm feeling self conscious, kind of makes my life seem more beyond my control and think "how can I take charge of things when I can't even control my eating??"

I feel like it's all being put behind me now, it took a while of mental preparation to do this and it is going well, but I don't think I'd be doing half as well if I didn't have the forum to go to for advice and inspiration.
xx

Hope you get through the tough times x

The packs seem more palatable the longer you are on them, hopefully you can find a few that you enjoy. If not, all is not lost, there are loads of diet plans out there and I'm sure you will find one that you like and will be successful at.

If you can't do it at the moment due to tough times, don't beat yourself up about it, it's hard enough when you are mentally strong, so be kind to yourself first and foremost.

I eat just about everything now and originally only used shakes and bars. Only thing I have not been brave enough to try yet is tomato soup think I will need a lot if Tabasco in it

Thank you all for all your replies!

I had a very stressful week (as expect, that's why I have not started) but today I had some spare time to try the rest of trial packages....
Well...I followed the advice of some of you and addedd a little spices such as: Paprika, Cumin and Onion Granules. Not sure it it is ok to use but...It made a huge difference on taste! Unfortunately, I just like some of the soups and the spag, the chilli and curry...everything else went straight to the bin...

I was wondering, if I am on 4 packs a day, can I add a breast of chicken in one of my meals? Like, just use the curry for a sauce? Or I cannot?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

If you want to add chicken then you have that and 3 packs a day. Shame you didn't like more packs. I love pretty much all of them so would have bought the others off you if I could have.

After reading this I wonder if one of the reasons I am overweight is that I'll eat anything.

The only thing I can't eat is the lipotrim flapjacks.

Maybe if you hate the food you're not going to try to eat more? ;)

Thank you all for all your replies!

I had a very stressful week (as expect, that's why I have not started) but today I had some spare time to try the rest of trial packages....
Well...I followed the advice of some of you and addedd a little spices such as: Paprika, Cumin and Onion Granules. Not sure it it is ok to use but...It made a huge difference on taste! Unfortunately, I just like some of the soups and the spag, the chilli and curry...everything else went straight to the bin...

I was wondering, if I am on 4 packs a day, can I add a breast of chicken in one of my meals? Like, just use the curry for a sauce? Or I cannot?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi sweetie.

When you eat things try not to expect the packs to taste like the real food versions.

Vlcd are a balancing game to try and find what you like and dont like and how you like them.

Are you talking to anyone about the tough time your having and it could possibly be (this isnt meant rudely) that your brain is refusing to let you enjoy the packs because you are having a tough time?

The difference garlic granules salt pepper herbs and paprika can make is amazing. If you feel you need to chat then you can always pm me (once you get to 50 posts) and get it off your chest. Sometimes its good to talk to someone about whats going on but they dont neccesarily know you. I find i am more open with strangers.

Big hugs

Xxc

Back