Total Solution TheTrigos - The final push to goal, come onnnnnn!!

I'm not so keen on the Exante ones either, they're ok but it's a texture thing. The tesco bars are Tesco Ultra Slim bars, part of their meal replacement plan, you can find them in the bit of the shop where the multi vits and stuff are. They are exactly the same weight as the exante ones (60g) and i think a carb or two more, but slightly less calories, but really much the same nutrition wise. They are also MUCH cheaper as 2 boxes (6 bars) are only £3.50 x

Thanks for that - I think I'll get a couple boxes to pad out the exante ones :)

dont be too hard on yourself about the pizza you have done amazing with your weight loss...... when we come off this diet we are still going to have the bad foods but once we have lost the weight if we have that once a week and stay good the rest the likely hood is it will balance out........ doing this diet will teach us hopefully bad meal cut down for the next few days to sts......... im not saying this will work for sure but i managed to sts same give or take a few pounds for 3 years........... yes i went off the rail this year but im back and losing again before it went too mad so think of the bad days now as trials for when you get to the end and you will get to the end before you know it :) xx

Hi Steph...just read your diary. The internal battle in our heads is amazing, isn't it? I can sometimes feel particularly sulky when hubby is having something and I'm not. I try and tell myself that it's not like I'm never going to have that food ever again, I'm just not having it now. Meanwhile another part of my head is saying go on, go on, where's the harm? (If I look in the mirror I can see the harm that type of thinking has caused me!) And instead of feeling pleased that I haven't given in, instead I have the right hump!!

Keep up your good work. This weekend I'm going to look for those Tesco bars.

Thanks for you kind words everyone, very nice to read on a Monday morning :)

Joolz and Fuggedabout it did you get the Tesco's bars? i really like them now, they taste less like a diet bar and more like a little treat, i look forward to eating them!

Yesterday i seemed to have a surge of energy/motivation. My mood was really good, i didn't feel hungry and i spent a lovely day with my boys. Hubby works weekends so it's always just the three of us and sometimes it can get a bit fraught being stuck at home but we went to a birthday party at a soft play yesterday and i spent 2 hours climbing around and going down slides, and for the first time i actually found it really fun! Normally i'm huffing and puffing and struggling to fit through the holes, but yesterday it was all good, and i must have burnt some calories, it was hard work!!!

Spent the afternoon cleaning and reorganising the bedrooms upstairs as my dad came over and played with the boys for a couple of hours. Was lovely to have a really good tidy up - i'm definitely as person who believes in 'tidy house, tidy mind', i feel much calmer when everything looks neat and organised - unfortunately most of the time my house is the opposite, which may account for much of my ramblings :)

5 days until my black tie event - haven't tried my dress on since i bought it but i think i'll be in for a gain/sts this week due to pizza/no loo action (sorry tmi) so i'm refusing to put it on again until Sat - off to m&s for some big pants this week! May post a before - so far picture if i end up looking half decent :)

Last edited:
Don't leave it too late to try the dress - you might need a smaller one :) haven't got the bars yet - will get some at the weekend - looking forward to a new taste :)

Gah +1lb this week! I think i got off lightly, it was expected and i'm not dissapointed, it's nothing that can't be fixed this week and i've learnt my lesson and had my fun! My head is firmly back in the game again.

Come to think of it i've quite often on diets had a blip in week 3, i'm determined now to get on with it and not prolong this diet any longer than necessary.

My mum has said she'll have the boys on Saturday night, so me and hubby are stayin gin a hotel after the party! It's the first night away from the boys i've had since O was born 3 years ago, and i'm filled with a mix of excitement and feeling sick! i know they're in good hands, the thing that is worrying me is that my mum is not good in the mornings, and the weekend is when the clocks go back, so my little darlings will be up at 4.30 instead of the usual 5.30, brutal!! Don't get me wrong, i'm sure i will be enjoying my extra hour in bed greatly, but i feel very guilty!

After my on/off carb binging last week whilst hubby was away i definitely went back into ketosis yesterday, i was FREEZING all evening and night, sleeping with about 4 blankets over me again, had a rotten headache and was hungry. Today i feel more energetic, although a little more sleep would have been good - was up at 5 as my little boy has an awful chesty cough which meant that he coughed so much in the early hours he simultaneously was sick and wet himself *sigh* that's much more washing and cleaning than i like to do pre 6am :) Luckily Wednesdays the boys are off nursery and stay at home with my husband as it's his day off too, so they're all tucked up on the sofa watching telly and i'm at work. Although this afternoon i'm going to get my threading done and my eyebrows tinted, then this evening i'm heading to a late night m&s to get some new work trousers and bras, everything is getting too big :)

My colleague has just brought in a takeaway curry for his lunch with all the trimmings... it smells sooooooooooooo good *sigh*

You may not have the curry but you're gonna be sooooo skinny!!! :)

True... i did enjoy the smell of it :)

So m&s was a mixed bag... new bras were bought, much to my husbands excitement (then subsequent disappointment when he realised that they were in fact practical boulder holders, not skimpy bits of lace floss, sorry darling), and i did manage to get some new trousers. Now what i dont get, is that when you shop across stores, in one you may be a 12, in another you may be a 16, but even within m&s last night i was having trouble finding trousers to fit. I'd try on a 16, and it would be too big, another i couldn't get past my bum. Eventually found a pair of black straight leg jeans, smart around for work, that fit me perfectly in a 14... which makes no sense as some others i couldn't get on in a 16! Took me three times as long as it should have having to keep getting different sizes in different styles.

Ok rant over :) Whilst i was out i felt really light headed and dizzy. I'm not sure why but i think it's because i'm not normally out doing stuff in an evening, so my body has never been too bothered for energy that time of night, but it got to about 9pm and i really needed something to stop me feeling dizzy so i popped to Tesco next door and bought a chicken breast and an Atkins choccy bar... weirdest dinner ever! Was so yum though, the choccy bar was very nice and less carbs and calories than if i was to have has another pack, which i know is ocassionally allowed, so hopefully i should be ok from that.

Arg what a night! Well, evening anyway. My oven broke which is such a pain when i'm cooking for two little ones. I cook everything fresh for them, they won't eat nuggets and chips and stuff, but things like chicken breasts, salmon, sausage i like to oven bake as it keeps it softer for them and i hate the smell of frying food. So anyway, it ended up with them having beans on toast (poor mites looked at me like i was poisoning them!) even though they'd had a good cooked meal of fish and veg at nursery at lunchtime. I rang hubby when he was on his way home to let him know to pop into tesco to get himself something for tea as i didn't have anything defrosted that i could warm up for him, so he bought himself pica pica. Pica pica is like cold spanish tapas (hubby is spanish) and it's all spanish omlette, cold chorizo and serano ham, cheese, crusty bread. My favourites really. then to add insult to injury he also raided the candy king and brought home the biggest bag of sweets you could imagine! Even my super willpower is not that strong. He was quite firm with me lol, gave me a bit of chicken, bit of cold meat, tiny sliver of spanish omlette, a white mouse and a strawberry. Hopefully not enough to knock me out of ketosis but still not a TS day! Been a bit naughty with my food this week, staying low carb but definitely not 100%, need a kick up the bum!

Decided not to take a food break, i'm just going to add the odd bit of low carb food in here and there if i feel i need it, hopefully i should still lose weight x

Had a fab weekend - party was fab, dress was fab, i felt fab :D I decided to come off the diet so that i could have a few drinks (limited myself to three, so i felt tipsy but not drunk enough for a hangover the next day!), and i was suprised how hard i found it to eat food, and to find food that i fancied. I ended up having some spanish omlette for lunch, and a chicken wrap for dinner, but i tore off most of the excess wrap, and didn't touch the chips it came with! The next morning i did have a full english, and a prawn stir fry with a tiny bit of rice for dinner. I was drinking vodka lime and soda water so hopefully i won't have done too much damage to the diet.

Anyway, today is a new day, a fresh start to the diet and in my head - i have definitely been lagging in the motivation department the past couple of weeks, i'm going to try and seek some more support on here i think to spur me on. It's the countdown to christmas now! I'm going to take my AAm week, i think it'll really help me ease back into the diet, i should still lose weight, and it'll set me up for the next 4 week cycle of TS'ing. I'm looking forward to it, and to losing more weight, as with what i've lost already, although not a massive amount, i feel a real improvement not just with my body but with my self esteem too :)

Glad you had a fab weekend, the food sounds niiiice :D
You sound so positive and confident! Amazing what it does to our head isn't it?

Keep it up girlie, you are doing fantabulous xx

Thanks for reading and replying Ali, was starting to think i was rambling to myself ;)

So 1st STONE GONE!!!!

Weighed in this morning and despite my weekend, i lost 3lbs! Brings my total for the first four weeks to 14lbs on the dot. I am SO pleased. It really paid off to try and limit my carbs and make sensible choices when i was eating, and i still had a brilliant weekend AND a loss. I am thrilled today :D

So today i start my AAM week, with smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for dinner. Yummmmm. Off to make my order for the next cycle of the diet now which will take me up to the beginning of december, when i'll start reintroducing food for xmas/new year. I just hope i can restrain myself!!

I can't decide what i want to order. I know i won't like the soups, and i'm really struggling with the vanilla shakes. i've swapped the bars for Tesco bars, and i still have quite a few Exante ones left too for emergencies/a change, so i'm wondering if i should just order chocolate, which would give me enough to get through the month, or chocolate and strawberry, which would give me a variety, but i'd have too many shakes. i suppose i could save the rest of them for when i get back on Exante after christmas. What to do!?

great loss well done :D i hope for 3lbs every week any more is a bonus i have always found it hard to lose weight so 3lb a week is a huge amount for me............... glad you had a nice weekend its good to take a bit of time off now and again gives that much needed break and you have done so well you deserve it when i went out a few weeks ago i drank vodka and diet coke i was very drunk after 6, doing the shot on a saturday night i needed to be ;) well keep up the good work i will look in again soon to see how your doing :) xx

I think if i had 6 drinks these day's i'd be on the floor! I think Aldershot at night has gone way downhill! I worked at Yates behind the bar for about 3 years whilst i was at college and it was fab back then, now it's like a ghost town! x

Thanks for reading and replying Ali, was starting to think i was rambling to myself ;)

Haha I often feel I'm talking to myself but there are days when I can't get on here so I know others are busy too lol :p

On target with a stone in 4 weeks good luck with AAM lunch sounds lush. I can't drink the soups either :yuk: so I have a mixed shakes pack and Tesco bars. Much more focused now I know I don't have to have a soup for tea!

Back