Total Solution TheTrigos - The final push to goal, come onnnnnn!!

Hi Steph, great to see you. Did you have a fab December? Taking the decs down today, I know I'm a few days early but I'm working after tomorrow so needs must :)

Good luck getting back in, hope the headaches stay away. Great to have a buddy, you don't have to worry about what to get him for his for tea! :p Men always do amazing when they start a diet hope he's not too competitive lol xx

Hiya, we had a fab December thanks, really relaxing and a good break, back to work and diet today, the miserable weather is really not helping! I took my decs down yesterday, to be honest i couldn't wait to be rid of them, after the toy expolsion that was christmas with a 1 and 3 year old, and the christmas tree taking up the space of the playpen, everything needed a good clean and reorganise - was very theraputic!!

Hubby is not too competitive with diets (unlike everything else, we are so competitive, you should have seen us on the go karts with the boys at Butlins last week, it was shameful!!), he did lose 5 stone a few years ago so i know he'll have no trouble with this, and no doubt get there before i do! xx

I meant to ask - has anyone reading tried the porridge? I love porridge in the morning and whilst i'm not expecting miracles, i would like to try it - don't want to spend £60 on it to not like it though!! I know it's naughty but i'm keeping my eye on ebay for a single sachet someone might sell on if they don't like it!

OK day 1 done, 2 shakes, a bar, 2 litres+ of water, a couple of glasses of squash, 2 teas and half a can of coke zero... how's that for specific?! :D

Hubby got through day one too, although really unhappily, he was hungry and kept moaning about food - i told him if he is feeling that bad it's not the diet for him, so we'll see how he does. I did feel a bit bad because i was telling him about what i made the boys for tea, without thinking about how it might make him feel - because i don't have a problem talking about food, but he obviously does, so i'll be careful about what i say around him now! I really hope he sticks it out, but if he's going to be totally miserable he's probably better off on weight watchers or something i guess!

So on to day two - choccy shake for breakfast, choc orange bar for lunch, banana for dinner. I've got the dentist and hygenist at 2 which always gives me chronic toothache so hopefully i won't feel much like eating this evening anyway!

Hi Steph, still going strong :) Maybe hubby will settle down, if not can he do WS? What did he do last time he lost weight?

Last time hubby lost weight he was just silly and stopped eating - maybe an apple a day some days, other he'd just graze at fruit and low calorie stuff. It was just before we met and when we got together his eating habits were so poor, i soon whipped him into shape! He was also a lot more active back then as his job was a pro golfer, now he's a car salesman! He's managed to stick it out so far, and yesterday i bought him some chicken bouillon which is much nicer than the veggie stuff, and he said that might help get him through, although i think he's going to stick it out for a week initially then switch to WS, he misses his food too much!

I'm still coping ok though - i think it is easier second time round as my body perhaps knows what's going on - anyone else find that? As a result i'm not expecting the big first week back loss, but hopefully something decent! Forgot how cold i get though, i was back in full pj's, socks and extra blanket in bed last night again! And the breath... yikes.

Yep it's cold :D hubby should find this a doddle then if he didn't eat at all last time. You have given him a taste for good food that's why he misses it! Lol

Hi everyoneim new to this so here it goes started exante ts today drank a lot of water lol felt spaced out and had pain pain in my tummy just had my 2nd shake had banana for brec ans strawberry just wished I had brought soup as well now, any tips to get me through this 1st week guys thank you Claire xx

Hi Claire, just make sure you drink lots of water, and vary your drinks if you can too, tea coffee bouillon for a bit of hot and savoury, I find as I only do shakes and bars I really miss savoury bits.

So I asked on the Exante page and on here today if I could give blood, and the answer is no :( so now I feel really selfish because I don't want to come off the diet and have to restart in order to give blood. I didn't think before, but I probably would have delayed my restart by a week if I had known!

OK day 3 down, day 4 today, always my hardest day. I have a light headache and i'm hungry but i haven't had my first shake yet, will get to that at 10. I will confess to having a bite of chicken breast yesterday, there was a bit left over from the one i cooked for the boys tea (as they're only 3 and 1 they can't eat a whole one between them yet!) and the little voice just said 'go on, it won't do any harm!', and in fairness it probably wont, but i'm confessing anyway! My hubby was outraged when i told him lol!!

This afternoon will be a test, have been promising my 3 year old a trip to the 'baker man' as he calls it, all week after nursery, and i have my mum coming over this afternoon for a bit of company so i will pop in there on the way home from collecting the boys from nursery and get them all a bite. I know i won't cave, i'm in a good mindframe at the moment and the afternoon isn't a danger time for me, but i'm not saying a won't cry inside a little watching them eat their treats! :)

Shame about not giving blood. I havent been able to for years because of a low Hb.
Chicken is a good nibble, poor hubby, did you let him have some too? I hope day 4 passes without too much of a headache for you. xx

Hi Steph, just popping in to say hello! I've been reading your diary, but never got around to saying hi!

I called the blood donor centre last time I was due to give blood, and the nurse told me that there is no definite rule against giving blood whilst on a VCLD, but the fact that I was eating so few calories would make it unwise as I would be much more prone to feinting (and I'm not great with giving blood as it is!)
As you know, the two questions they always ask when you get there are "have you eaten normally today?" and "have you had plenty to drink?" Obviously we're fine with the latter, but I don't think we could class Exante as "normal" eating!
It's such a shame, as I'm likely to miss my next opportunity to donate as well! I guess I could've gone over Christmas but I always go with a group of girls from work as I need my hand holding, and for someone to keep me distracted! What a wimp hey!?

Anyway, enough of my wimpy-ness....As Ali says, Chicken isn't a bad nibble at all :D Well done on getting through the first few days, you know it only gets easier from here! :D
x

Hiya Alex, thanks for commenting :) It's always nice to know people are reading! I don't think you're a wimp at all for worrying about needles, it's a perfectly rational fear - i think that fact that you go ahead and give blood anyway says it all, it's such a selfless thing to do if you're able to, i wish more people would do it!

So another day survived. Definitely been a bit lax with the water (probably just under 2 litres + 4 cups of tea and a can of coke zero) - no nibbles today but a few hunger pangs this evening. I've been weeing for England all day though, no doubt i'll be up a few times again tonight!

Hubby still doing really well, feeling much better now. He's going for breakfast with the guys from work tomorrow before their Saturday shift like he does every week, and he wont miss it, even though i've told him it might make him hungry. He's sticking to low carb (egg, bacon and mushrooms!) and said it's his reward for the week, and will get him through another few days - i hope it does and doesn't send him off the rails!

On another note - how cute is my new avatar lol?!?!

hi steph nice to see you back i have just got on here for the first time in weeks today started back on the diet wenesday last week and was brave enough to weigh myself on friday christmas gain was 3lbs for me not to bad with any luck i can shift it this week if im good.................. glad you had a lovely christmas we did too all back to normal now though well apart from i have about £400 in christmas money to spend on new clothes when i get to goal cant even remember the last time i had that much money to spend on myself for clothes it was a wise thing i did asking everyone for money this year cause i think when they all new it was for me to get a new wardrobe of clothes when i lose the rest of the weight they all gave a bit more feeling sorry for me lol so i must spend this on myself not the kids its tucked away for me when i get there................ keep up the good work looks like your already focussed and i hope your hubby is ok my husband has told me he would never be able to do this diet lol xxx

Phew, first weekend back on the wagon done - weekends are so much harder as my kitchen is so much closer and i'm not at work to keep me busy!

Saturday was looooong, hubby decided to skip brekkie as he wasn't hungry so i said he could have the lie in before work as a reward :) So my children decided that 5.30am was the time to get up - as i don't have my shake until 10am it was a long old morning!! Much tea was drunk, much childrens tv was watched :)

Saturday night hubby brought home some chicken breasts, he felt like he needed to eat something after such a busy day at work. I had about half of one but wasn't fussed by the taste or texture put it back in the fridge for another time. I was just eating it because it was there.

Yesterday we went to visit the in-laws at their restaurant in London. They made the boys a lovely roast for their lunch, and hubby and i had some beef and broccolli and sprouts (so combined with the diet, we were a joy to be around last night!!). I enjoyed it, felt satisfied and it was nice to know that once a week or in a social situation like that i can have a WS day and not let it throw me off track.

In the evening i cooked italian for the boys, my parents, my cousin who's just back from afganistan and his little boy who were visiting, and wasn't at all tempted (neither was hubs). It was strange just standing around whilst they were eating, and i think it made them all feel a bit awkward, but they polished it off none the less!

Hubby had his vanilla shake this morning with coffee, he said it was so nice he was tempted to have another one! Can't wait for weigh in tomorrow. I'm hoping for half a stone off, but hubby looks so much slimmer already i'm really looking forward to seeing what he's lost.

Will catch up with everyones diaries now - hope you all had a great weekend :)

hi steph nice to see you back i have just got on here for the first time in weeks today started back on the diet wenesday last week and was brave enough to weigh myself on friday christmas gain was 3lbs for me not to bad with any luck i can shift it this week if im good.................. glad you had a lovely christmas we did too all back to normal now though well apart from i have about £400 in christmas money to spend on new clothes when i get to goal cant even remember the last time i had that much money to spend on myself for clothes it was a wise thing i did asking everyone for money this year cause i think when they all new it was for me to get a new wardrobe of clothes when i lose the rest of the weight they all gave a bit more feeling sorry for me lol so i must spend this on myself not the kids its tucked away for me when i get there................ keep up the good work looks like your already focussed and i hope your hubby is ok my husband has told me he would never be able to do this diet lol xxx

Thanks Emma, it's lovely to see you back too! I was thinking of you when i restarted, i had a look to see if you were around! Very jealous of your money for your wardrobe!! I'm gradually buyin bits as i need them, mostly for work as i can't look too scruffy, at home i'm knocking about in everything that's too big for me, trying to put off buying new bits as long as possible!

Ahhh well done babe WS for situations like that is so handy :) good luck for ur wi...and ur hubby too. Mine is tomm too :) have a top day x x

Right, week one back on the wagon and 7lbs down! :D So that's the xmas gain gone in a week WOW that is a good feeling!! :D :D Now anything i lose from now on will be a positive loss, i'm lighter now than i've been in years, when i reach 12stone (168lbs) that will be the weight i was when i was 17! (I remember because i did a parachute jump and i had to give them my weight!).

Hubby lost 8lbs this week, and has declared himself on the diet for another week! Although he is going to start back to the gym this week so will be having some protein in some form or other before he goes, so may be more WS than TS for him this week. Very proud of him :)

Well done both of you xx

Back