Things I learnt this week

My work is quite flexible where I work, i.e. whether I work at home or head into the office
So I work from home a lot!!

From My analyses of my food "urges" :) :

When I work at the office - I always drink my water, never want to smoke but i am sooooo hungry.

When I work at home - i don't drink enough water, want to drink coke zero am never hungry (in fact I don't eat enough) and want to smoke continuously in front of the PC (but don't).

Which scenario is best???

When I work at the office - I always drink my water, never want to smoke but i am sooooo hungry. Are you bound by eating times/break times? Can you take a snack pot in - Jim mentioned to me when I was wondering what to do about lunch, to take in a pot of celery sticks to munch on.

When I work at home - i don't drink enough water, want to drink coke zero am never hungry (in fact I don't eat enough) and want to smoke continuously in front of the PC (but don't). Do you move away from the PC, it's easy to just stick yourself in front of it and not move (I do it myself!). Can you set an alarm for things like 'eleven-sies' and break times - every half hour make sure you get up and go get a glass of water - would fizzy water work? I guess that it only has gas in it and no carbs?

I would really suggest trying for one thing at a time - and it should be water. I used to drink about 6 diet cokes a day - now it's 2 litres of water and I can't remember when I last had a diet coke.

Just don't think too much "oooh it's water" - pour a glass and have little sips. It works, honest :)

Morning PV, I find I'm more tempted now I'm at home all the time, I suspect that's because when I was at work the food just wasn't available, now it's sitting in the fridge calling me LOL. The other thing I think at work is that I was more active, even if it was just strolling around and talking to people.

It's the same with me Jim and winter doesn't help, I just want to hibernate & eat.

LOL yes wrinkly, I think that's the same for all of us :)

Thanks all for the ideas - I'll try and put them into practice!

I don't dislike water at all - I guess I just need to train myself to drink more after years of dehydration!

Anyway managed 3 litres in the office today - but I was starving too; overindulged on button mushrooms and hit my daily carb limit pretty early on in the afternoon - so no veg for dinner!!

I'm not sure that a button mushroom "habit" is a good thing to develop! :)

Morning PV, In the original book mushrooms were a free food, no carbs has that changed?

Well yes - I thought I could eat as many as I wanted to which is why I munched through 250g.

when I put the amount into My Fitness Pal it came up as 10g of carbs!

If they are "free" I'll just munch away.

Thanks!!

I'm a bit wary of the values on MFP anyway. I bought some alpro soya today and the values on MFP don't match those on the actual pack at all.

Was pretty good today - kept off the mushrooms and saved enough carbs for a big plate of buttery cabbage yum!!

WI tomorrow!!

Just checked the pack of mushies I've got n like I said before they're 0.4g carb per 100g. So for the 250g u had, only 1g carb for the lot.

Agree that mfp is notoriously unreliable - the combo of US folk (so including fibre) plus people who dont care about carbs means you really need to check labels well and dont assume mfp is correct.

Frankly, i eat as much veggie (induction ones) as i like. It's pretty difficult to go mad on the carbs and anyway they are good for you;) I think if people find they havent got room for veg in their carb allowance then probably too much going on treats or milks etc :eek:

haha Katie, a Akkins shake, a home made protein bar, and a couple cups of coffee and cream certainly add up! Your point is duly noted!

4lb loss on WI this morning!

Signature is looking a little healthier - onwards and downwards!

Well done on loss:D

Kat1e said:
Agree that mfp is notoriously unreliable - the combo of US folk (so including fibre) plus people who dont care about carbs means you really need to check labels well and dont assume mfp is correct.

:eek:

I use fatsecrets App on my phone can show net carbs and really reliable xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back