Things I learnt this week

Thanks all - of course I'm happy :) - but I'm so aware that at this time last year I was 30lbs lighter - okay I had lots going on since then but it's still a bit irksome that I was doing so well and I lost focus!

The good thing is I didn't go up higher than my highest! The problem is I don't notice the difference.

still positive thoughts......

:wavey::wavey::wavey:

Just saying hiya to subscribe :D

Morning PV, how's your day so far, cold but nice and bright here :)

freezing and wet here Jim!

Working from home today - watching the tennis - writing reports and drinking water!

All good - you off to the pub tonight?

Lol I just bought a solid silver ring inscribed with 'If you can dream it, you can do it'.

Had a new tattoo done a few months back around my ankle. It's of my fave saying 'Never regret something that once made you smile'.

British_Claire_84 said:
Had a new tattoo done a few months back around my ankle. It's of my fave saying 'Never regret something that once made you smile'.

OMG I absolutely love that. It's soooo true :)

I'd love to get a phoenix (shoulder/back) got a dragon (2 1/2 hour job!) and some others but really want a phoenix!

Morning PV, I did yes :)

So how was Belfast?

Evening All - finally got to posting on my own thread after coming back from a fantastic meet with Di and 4.
Thank you both for coming along - I had such a lovely time - sitting chatting between the Atkins friendly cheese stall and the coffee stall.
I was so enthused by the chat that since I came back I have rushing around. I've been making pancakes and think I may have finally perfected them, and took OH to the hospital for an eye check up. Nipped into the shops on the way home from Belfast and bought a celeriac/ood.

The heart doc says OH isn't allowed to each too much leafy green veg - so I'm trying to make Atkins a bit more friendly for his meds; hence the celeriac chips that we're going to try tonight!

Also bought a new pair of scales for him - he complains the ones we have are too complicated - I like them as they also have a fat monitor - which I see as an indication as how well hydrated I am - so find it a useful check for me. Anyway we are now a two set of scales family!

I was looking at scales at lunchtime online - briefly then then net went down! Which ones did you get? I'm trying to find ones that do the weight in stones, body fat % and BMI - and that I can read without bending down to see the numbers :)

PS my brother lives just outside Belfast!

I think the make of mine is Tanita - they do body fat % - although I'm sure they lie! I have a spreadsheet to work out bmi.

The ones we bought today - are mechanical old fashioned scales -just measure weight in Kg and stones - they were Salter from Asda Living (£7.50). There was a fancier body fat electronic pair for just over a tenner - we didn't look closely at these though. :)

We have digital scales, always telling fibs and an old fashioned set....love the oldies! ;) should really bin the liers!!!

Morning Piglet

It was a fantastic meet up - thoroughly enjoyed meeting you and now I'm back in London and in the office! Hope OH gets sorted. I think my scales are wrong! lol

Have a lovely day. :) xx

Back