Things to buy to much on...

Have you got to snack surreptitiously (had to look up how to spell that - even then it was difficult, thought it started sirrup...!!!) or can you be fairly open about it?

I too would suggest all the fruits already listed (maybe not bananas!) - if you have access to a fridge with an ice box, frozen grapes last ages, like mini sorbets. I also suggest a box of chopped veg., not just carrot, but things you might not normally think of eating raw, like mini florets of broccoli or cauliflower, or chopped raw courgette, even cucumber slices, though these can go a bit slimy. Also chopped peppers, radishes and celery. Hubby suggested baked beans - might be a bit problematic!

On the sweet side, how about buying a box of Kellogs Crunchy Oatbakes (£2.22 for a 375g box, by the cereals) and counting out 23 into an airtight box or reseal bag as a healthy extra or 5and1/2 syns? You can almost suck these like sweets, but be warned they are incredibly hard, so watch your teeth! See other threads about these!!!

My favourite at the moment is the Snack A Jacks chocolate chip Rice and Corn Cakes, as I'm sure you all know by now! Broken up into an airtight box (you can only buy the jumbo ones of these) they do stay crisp, and although they are 3 syns each, really do 'do it' for me!

Great thread, hope we get lots more ideas - we ALL need these sort of items! Good Luck Alyce.

Last edited:
Back