Think I have just wasted a lot of money

I make my soups with 400ml of water which gives the best consistency for me, otherwise it's too thick. I drink mine from a huge mug so it's perfect for that.

Actually had the tomato soup again yesterday n made it up to 350ml didnt add chilli to it this time n u actually ate it all. Wasnt too bad. Just appreciating anything I get to eat now I guess haha xx

Lol yeah I know that feeling. Wa absolutely starving but trying to put off my last meal until late as possible! Just had the carbonara and it was incredibly yummy! Could actually eat another but that would just be incredibly naughty! X

Did you get away with the pasta alright? I love/hate it. Love that it's so different to other packs, hate that when I sit down after eating it I can taste it for the rest of the day.

I love the pasta. I wish I had got more, I only ordered 8 but I could happily eat them every night. Struggling big time with the soups. I'm adding spices and herbs and Tabasco left right and centre and the taste is not to bad but no matter what I do I can't get rid of the lumps. I don't have a whisk or a handheld blender and people say that they go frothy and I wouldn't be able to stand that!! I had basil and tomato last night and couldn't even finish it because of the powder. I add the water first then the powder a little at a time and beat furiously with a fork. Has anyone has any other thoughts or this problem? I've read the thread on soups and shakes and couldn't really find the correct way of doing them?
Anyways it's my 7th day today and dispite a small falling off the wagon on the weekend I've lost 8lb. So I'm definately going to continue, I'm just looking forward to 2 weeks time when I can order more shakes and less soup! Xxx

I love the pasta. I wish I had got more, I only ordered 8 but I could happily eat them every night. Struggling big time with the soups. I'm adding spices and herbs and Tabasco left right and centre and the taste is not to bad but no matter what I do I can't get rid of the lumps. I don't have a whisk or a handheld blender and people say that they go frothy and I wouldn't be able to stand that!! I had basil and tomato last night and couldn't even finish it because of the powder. I add the water first then the powder a little at a time and beat furiously with a fork. Has anyone has any other thoughts or this problem? I've read the thread on soups and shakes and couldn't really find the correct way of doing them?
Anyways it's my 7th day today and dispite a small falling off the wagon on the weekend I've lost 8lb. So I'm definately going to continue, I'm just looking forward to 2 weeks time when I can order more shakes and less soup! Xxx

you can buy a cheap blender at Tesco or Argos why not get one, that Argos one is less than a fiver? And yes they go frothy when you're mixing them up, but if you're using boiling water you have to leave them to cool down anyway and by the time that's happened the froth will be mostly gone. I quite like the froth, I make it up with 400ml of water so it's quite thin and drink it out of a huge mug.

This is what I do for the soups to minimise the froth! Cus I hate it too, but I hate lumps even more...

Put 250ml boiling water in a plastic jug, add all the powder and hand blend till I'm 100% sure all the lumps are gone (the blender was £8 from Morrison's and works just fine!), then I put the jug in the microwave for a minute and gently stir it afterwards. It still leaves some bubbles, but I find it gets rid of most of the frothy crap on top.

Just to add.... I ordered some pasta to replace the tomato soups. I've had 2 and I think I'd rather slap myself in the face, than have another! Yuckkkk!

I add half a tsp of bouillon to the Thai chicken soup and veggie one, and a cheeky tsp of chicken bovril to the mushroom one to make it more like chicken and mushroom soup. Careful though! Bouillon is fine to have but although the bovril has just 16 cals per spoon, it contains 2g of carbs (naughty!) And a lot of salt. For this reason, I try to drink more water on my musroom soup days. I don't reccomend it, but it's one of my 2 cheats on this diet. The other is a tiny splash of skimmed milk in my morning coffee. Do what works for you, and as long as you're sensible, and happy with the rate of your loss, that's all that matters x

Well the soups I am still really struggling with. Got a taster pack from slim n save as they do meals like cottage pie n chilli etc. Not bad so far I must say. May have to switch permanently from exante to slim n save...

Got a taster pack from slim n save as they do meals like cottage pie n chilli etc. Not bad so far I must say. May have to switch permanently from exante to slim n save...
Hi - how do the Exante packs compare to the Slim & Save ones? I did S&S for a while and was impressed n was thinking about going back but have just got an offer for Exante so was wondering........:confused:

Cherry, I mix mine to a paste first then keep mixing furiously with a fork whilst slowly pouring the water in - no lumps after a bit of practice :)

Back