Thinking about joining..

MrsGlas81

Hi there, just come across this section on the site, I'm currently doing slim and save and wondering about starting JUDDD after S and S, I put my details in the Johnson website and it said 639 kcal for a DD and over 3000 for an UD. this can't be right surely?

Ok, ignore me, I just worked out why - I had put down light exercise. So has anyone come from a VLCD and continued to lose weight? The weight I am currently is only 3lb off my lowest since school... I'm just wondering whether ill ever be able to get below 11 stone on this... I'm worried that I will plateau or start gaining (which is inevitable at first I guess due to water). Thanks!

Hi there! I moved over from S&S at the beginning of August. At first, the scales didn't seem to move much really and I could easily have given up. I think I lost a couple of pounds in the first 2 weeks. But, many people do seem to STS or gain a little.

I think whatever plan you choose to follow after a vlcd will result in a gain or STS, tbh. ADF also can play havoc with daily scale readings - they bounce all over the place! You really have to do one of two things - weigh daily and accept the bounces or put the scales away for a while!

That said, I have now lost 11lbs on ADF and have never felt happier. I have eaten real food, had treats and some alcohol, had energy to run and lost weight in the process. And of course, there are all the unseen health benefits which we have learned abut from the Horizon programme and other research.

So, my advice would be to give it a go but NOT to panic if you don't see what you like on the scales for a few weeks.

MissHapp said:
Hi there! I moved over from S&S at the beginning of August. At first, the scales didn't seem to move much really and I could easily have given up. I think I lost a couple of pounds in the first 2 weeks. But, many people do seem to STS or gain a little.

I think whatever plan you choose to follow after a vlcd will result in a gain or STS, tbh. ADF also can play havoc with daily scale readings - they bounce all over the place! You really have to do one of two things - weigh daily and accept the bounces or put the scales away for a while!

That said, I have now lost 11lbs on ADF and have never felt happier. I have eaten real food, had treats and some alcohol, had energy to run and lost weight in the process. And of course, there are all the unseen health benefits which we have learned abut from the Horizon programme and other research.

So, my advice would be to give it a go but NOT to panic if you don't see what you like on the scales for a few weeks.

That's sounds like sound advice! I haven't been here long but I did a sneaky peak and the scale had shifted off the 11 stone and down a tad. I don't weigh in untill Monday I think..

Hi there, I started from S&S 2 weeks ago, STS in the first week and gained 2lb in my second week but I 'feel' smaller and when I measured myself I had lost 8 inches from all over since starting! I'm also fitting into much smaller clothes that I wasn't able to when this weight before.

So IDK what's going on with the scales but I know it's working because I'm reducing in physical size. I also feel like JUDDD has completely changed my outlook, I'm so much happier and positive because I no longer need to stress about food. On the DD I enjoy the challenge of getting the most for my calories and on the UP days I enjoy a nice big slice of cake lol.

Seriously though, it's the best diet I've ever done and I would recommend it to anyone!

Best of luck if you do decide it's for you X

Thanks everyone for your advice. This diet seems much more up my street! I haven't got that much more to lose I don't think... Well, personally, I have never been below 11stone and it will be a miracle if I ever see below that figure I think... But miracles can happen. Just wondering whether to start now or not... I have lots of s and s packs left... Do you all do 4 packs on a DD? Or What do you tend to eat otherwise?

MrsGlas81 said:
Thanks everyone for your advice. This diet seems much more up my street! I haven't got that much more to lose I don't think... Well, personally, I have never been below 11stone and it will be a miracle if I ever see below that figure I think... But miracles can happen. Just wondering whether to start now or not... I have lots of s and s packs left... Do you all do 4 packs on a DD? Or What do you tend to eat otherwise?

Whatever you min is, you can do it any way you like? As long as you don't go over?

Back