Thinking of changing from LL to CD. Any advice?

Lana

Hi,

LL is too expensive and the sessions are not working for me so Im thinking of changing to CD.

Does it work in a similar way? How many packs to I have? What flavours can I choose from? How much water do you have to drink? How much is it per week?

Any advice and info would be much appreciated. :)

hey i tried ll for a week and quit last year, i am starting cd on 23rd April :) so athough i havent started thought i would say hi

there are various food packs compared to ll and you can check them on the cd website
Cambridge Diet home page

each cdc can charge different prices but an average its around £33 a week, on week 5 u get to add a meal too, like chicken and salad i think, once you get t a healthy bmi you an work your way up through the stages of 790, 1000 then 1500 calories.

its recommended that you drink 2 litres of water a day although the more the better and you have 3 packs a day

xxx

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear your feeling sad. Just been reading your other post. Start the programme when your feeling ready and not before, you need to be 100% focused and ready. It will be here waiting for you. Hope your feeling better soon. :)

I've been in touch with a CD councillor in my area and Im meeting her on Fri. I have my hen weekend this weekend so Im starting on Monday! :)

I currently drink 4lts of water per day so may stick to that.

Good luck with your start on 23rd and keep us posted.

x

Hi Lana,

I've never tried LL so I can't really compare the two but I think they are similar.

Up to 5'7" you have 3 packs a day, over that and you move onto 4 packs.

I am on 3 packs and pay £32.55 per week.

Shake flavours are: banana, butterscotch, cappucino, choc, choc mint, fruits of the forest, strawberry, toffee & walnut and vanilla.

Ready made shakes (tetra briks) Choc Velvet & Banana Bliss.

Soup flavours are: spicy tomato, vegetable, broccoli & cheese, oriental chilli, mushroom, chicken & mushroom.

Bars are available but I never have them so not entirely sure of flavours.

You have to drink a min of 2.25 litres per day but the more you drink the more you shrink:p

On average Sole Source or 790 weight loss per month is 1 stone. (I think) Add a meal week is week 5 - small amount of protein and green/white veggies or salad.

Good luck with the change from LL.

CD has changed my life and my wedding dress fits beautifully now. I'm sure it will work for you too.

Have fun on your hen weekend:D can we see the pics??
I think that's all but if I have missed any I am sure someone will let you know.

I switched from LL to Cambridge two weeks ago and I'm so glad I did. Taking the cost factor away the bars and packs are so much nicer and you can spread the out over the day. I have three packs a day but split them in two. It works out about half price for me which is great and I don't have to travel anywhere my councellor comes to me.

I still the the 4 litres of water as I find it keeps any side effects at bay.

Good luck with whatever you decide :)

Thanks for the info :)

I've arranged an appointment with my local CDC who has just rearranged her hair app to fit me in on Fri!

I've decided Im definately taking the plunge and starting CD on Mon.

What are your favourite shakes?? I might aswell stick to my 4 litres of water a day that Im used to, hope it'll get the weight off quicker!

Lenny, just realised, we had almost the same start weight, same goal weight and of course your wedding is the day after mine, I'll be thinking of you! So glad your wedding dress fits beautifully now! do you want to be at goal for your wedding? I'll be happy at 10.7lbs then another stone to go after wedding.

Mine does too, it was an inch or two off fastening a week ago and I can zip it up myself now! :D

Really looking forward to hen do! I'll post some piccies if I learn how too! Im not much of a wizz on a computer!

How are you finding the CD shakes Steph?

:)

Hi again Lana,

I would love to be at goal before the wedding but I've been playing at CD for the last month and have only lost 6lbs in that time.:eek: I'm 10.9 now so ideally/realistically would like to get to 10st before the day then lose the other 7lbs (& the honeymoon gain) when I get back.

Don't forget to measure before you start - I have lost a total of 24inches all over so far (that is why my size 12 skirt sits on my hips and not my waist:D ) I'm so pleased that your dress fits beautifully too and I will def be thinking of you on your big day;)

You should be able to lose at least a stone in the next month, maybe even more. I lost 21lbs in my first month.

So all the very best to you, hope your cdc is lovely.

p.s. I now survive on choc, choc mint & oriental chilli - I can't stand the other flavours:D

Hi, my CDC did LL & lost 5 stone, swapped to CD & lost another6stone!!! She says Cd tastes better, is cheaper & the CBT was pretty much a waste of her time, though as she worked in the mental health field (& knows far more than the average LL counsellor) it's hardly suprising.
Good luck!xxx
xxxxsharon

Hi Lana,

I'm doing exactly the same thing!!

I've got a mtg with the CDC on Monday (spoke to her this morning and she was lovely) and will start on the packs on Thursday, when my LL packs run out.

It all seems so relaxed - I'm impressed!

Good luck, let me know how you are getting on.

Maxie xxx

Hi Lana

I've just done the same thing, lost 58lbs on LL had about a month break (re-gained 6lbs) and Met my CDC last night. The choice of flavours are so much better than LL. I feel the shakes seem to fill you up more?! It may be only in my mind but after having my mint choc shake hot this morning i felt very satified.

Can't really add anything info wise as above gives it all....Good luck friday & have a lovely hen weekend.

xxx

Hi everyone, Im on week 4 of LL and Im meeting up with a CDC on monday as Im having problems with the LLC, and Im seriously thinking of changing to.I have 3 food packs and 1 bar a day and 4 litres of water, is it the same on CD

Hi there
Sorry to but in the thread but I am very interested in this idea. I am doing Lighter life and it is undoubtedly very expensive, how do you change after such a short time I thought we signed up for 100 days and you were pretty much tied in. So you can just stop going and wont have to pay for all the weeks you missed?
My daughter would love to do LL but the cost is too high for her and she is considering Cambridge but was intially worried about the lack of a group meeting, but you guys seem to be doing Ok without counselling and support each other really well on Minimins.
X C

Back