Thinking of doing this diet but...

I have a 100km charity walk on the 14th September and they provide you with energy food and drinks... Is it worth me starting now knowing I'm going to have at least 24 hours where I won't be able to follow the plan or should I wait until after my charity walk when I know I won't have any reason not to follow the plan to the letter?

Does the odd day off here and there really screw the results?

100km?? I would wait till after that to start.There's no way I would do that while on this diet.I would think you'd be totally exhausted after the first 10km.There's a reason they give energy drinks etc.

LOL Yep, 100km and we have 15-33 hours to complete it in... I'm dreading it but strangely excited at the same time! See that was my worry, that starting a new diet would deplete my energy levels. If it's going to do that then I'll wait until afterwards I think.

Is the stuff nice or does it taste awful? Do you get hungry on it or does it keep you relatively full?

Sorry for the stupid questions, coming to this forum was the first time I've ever heard of it...

I like all the things I've tried so far.Not so keen on the bars but love love love the meals.Really help keep me on the straight and narrow.You don't feel hungry after about day 3 as long as you stick to it and drink enough water :)

I would agree with slim... this is a great plan, but with that big long walk thing maybe not. Before this I briefly tried Cambridge (similar being a vlcd) and what I was told there was not to take on any additional exercise during the first month, then build it up slowly. If it was something you wanted to do, why not try a pre-vlcd... meaning cutting down on carbs and things so it'll be easier when you do join us? I think its also good to have a little while to mentally prepare yourself, clean out cupboards come up with stratergies likkke for my first week no one in my house was allowed to eat meals I particularly liked... I think it would have been hell starting out trying to resist my favourites! - and how to get around social situations etc.

The diet itself is great though, I feel 300% better than I did 2 months ago when I started!

I did Lighter Life and attempted 10k for charity and was dead it was my worst 10k time ever and I felt ill. I'd start after, maybe even like the day after as you'll probably have burned up all your glycogen doing the walk so should transition into ketosis faster?

Yep the day after would be great as you'll be so exhausted you won't want to eat anyway just sleep LOL

Back