Thinking of joining you...

MrsLearmouth

Hi Guys,

I am thinking of joining LL after reading Pauline Quirks story! I need to loose about 7 stone and am feeling so down about the whole thing. My hubby and I need ivf but we can't have it until I have lost weight, which I feel extremely guilty for :(

I just wanted reassurance that this actually works long term really....

Thanks,
Zoe xx

Also wondered what makes you do LL as appose to Cambridge? Xx

Hi MrsLearmouth
i only joined yesterday but actually start on Saturday - the reason i chose Lighterlife was because of the counselling element. At teh4 group meeting yesterday everyone shared their thoughts and views and it was very enlightening for me.
you have to do what is best for you but this apparently works - the proof was the ladies in the class last night who on average have lost 2-3 stones in the past couple of months.
good luck on which ever diet you choose

Does LL work? Absolutely - if you commit to it and follow it 100% it will be the quickest weight loss journey you will ever take.

I lost 10 stone in 10 months - something that eluded me for over 20 years. I never EVER thught I could do it.

I went from a size 26/28 to a 10/12, and maintained for 2 years.

I had a traumatic year, and put some back on, but had that not happened I am 110% certain I would still be maintaining.

I do LL instead of Cambridge because of the counselling. Lets face it - we all know how to LOSE weight - but we don;t always kow how to keep it off. The counseling is priceless.

I can't reccomend it enough - it changed my life. COmpletely.

Just think, in 7 months, you will be ready to start your family. How can that be a bad thing!! :)

Go for it -what have you got to lose!! Except the weight that is holding you back form acheiving your dreams!

Good luck!!!

xx

Am only 10 days in but wanted to say my only regret is spending too long thinking about joining... I wish I hadve joined in January ... It's the only diet I've ever done that I can honestly say I know I will see through to the end!

Ps the "will it go back on" does worry me but I've decided that for now, that is not something I need to think about, I'll concentrate on that after the counselling and the weight loss - 1 day at a time :)

Hi
Its my day 3 on LL and I can say that it has not been difficult so far.The reason I joied is for the counselling element. But I am not happy with my LLC. From day 1 she has asked someone else to take charge(someone who is not trained and this someone is also a LL drop out !). There were 2 people on my day 1 and i have been promised that it is becoz of hols and more will join.
My advise is to ensure that u r happy with your LLC and your group as they will be ur support network.
I am going to look out for someone else. Its a shame as she is located close to my home !

I feel positive about LL and I do hope u will have afb journey. Imagine the prize at the end of it .....BEAUTIFUL !!

GOOD LUCK

Hi Mrs. Learmouth,
In answer to your original question - does LL work long term?
Well - it works. As BL said it is dramatic and a fantastic way to lose a lot of weight safely and quickly.
It has completely changed my life too.
Sounds like you have a great reason to help with your motivation.
For me the counselling/CBT/group part of the LL programme really made the difference.
On the Verge - sorry your LLC doesn't seem too good. I certainly think it's important to try and find someone who can really understand the issues and support you.
Jemima - Will it go back on?
It will whatever "diet" you do if you go back to eating/drinking how you did before LL.
One of the sayings you'll see on here is:
"If you always do what you always did- you will always get what you always got"
Doing LL gives us the chance to really look at our relationship with food and weight and change it for life.
Then the weight will stay off.

Hello, Mrs! Yes, it works. If you go to the groups and participate and try to learn whatever you can from them, and question anything you disagree with or find difficult and don't expect it to be plain sailing but a learning experience then yes yes yes it totally works. This time last year I had decided to start and was full of trepidation but I have never regretted it for one moment.

Good luck!!

Back