This Challenge is now Closed Link to New Challenge on last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 7 - challenge complete for me too.

Monday 31 march 2014
Day salad challenge day 7
Water intake 2.5L
Carbs Potatoes
Body magic:1hrs of fooling about on a bike, 1st day of level3 30day shred and 9.12miles on pedometer
Syns.10.5
Salad. Boiled egg and ham salad with chedds hexa - tescos rocket salad from yesterday

Will let Kay post the losses tomorrow but, not a bad one for me as I am a slow loser. I will continue for a 2nd week only because I have not done it as strictly as the challenge suggests, because Ive incorperated it into Sexpress days. Im very pleased with my results.
Good luck all.
x

Hey bubble. Can i ask what pedometer you use? I dont trust the cheap ones!

Not being v successful at all!

Only managed a small salad for lunch yesterday because of my unhappy tum, but had all my water.

Dinner ended up being a WW ready meal (5.5 syns) cos I couldn't face cooking. It filled the gap nicely.

Salad challenge Day 4

Breakfast
coffee 1 syn for milk
2 Ryvita
satsuma

Lunch
Small turkey breast salad- turkey, apple, mixed leaves, pear, pepper, olives (1.5 syns)

Afternoon
2 Ryvita
coffee 1 syn

Dinner
WW mex chilli meal 5.5 syns

Water - 2 litres

9 syns in total

Not being v successful at all!

Only managed a small salad for lunch yesterday because of my unhappy tum, but had all my water.

Dinner ended up being a WW ready meal (5.5 syns) cos I couldn't face cooking. It filled the gap nicely.

Salad challenge Day 4

Breakfast
coffee 1 syn for milk
2 Ryvita
satsuma

Lunch
Small turkey breast salad- turkey, apple, mixed leaves, pear, pepper, olives (1.5 syns)

Afternoon
2 Ryvita
coffee 1 syn

Dinner
WW mex chilli meal 5.5 syns

Water - 2 litres

9 syns in total

That looks far from unsuccessful to me - no choc, wine, cake, biccies...... - now that's when things really go downhill!! Hope ur feeling better?

Day 7 - challenge complete for me too.

Monday 31 march 2014
Day salad challenge day 7
Water intake 2.5L
Carbs Potatoes
Body magic:1hrs of fooling about on a bike, 1st day of level3 30day shred and 9.12miles on pedometer
Syns.10.5
Salad. Boiled egg and ham salad with chedds hexa - tescos rocket salad from yesterday

Will let Kay post the losses tomorrow but, not a bad one for me as I am a slow loser. I will continue for a 2nd week only because I have not done it as strictly as the challenge suggests, because Ive incorperated it into Sexpress days. Im very pleased with my results.
Good luck all.
x

Well done - u shd be pleased!!

Thank you, I have to say it was hard work xx

I'm with u Cookie - I found it hard - in fact didn't do it on Weds and Sunday but will carry on until I've done 7 days - I also feel bloated - not sure why? My WI is 2moro but I've weighed (slap hand) and lost 1.75 so far - might try the soup challenge next wk cos I like to change things around and will be easier than making salads (lazy me!)

That looks far from unsuccessful to me - no choc, wine, cake, biccies...... - now that's when things really go downhill!! Hope ur feeling better?

MUCH better, thanks. Back on track today.

I know I could've been much worse food wise. I was craving salty crisps - for some reason when I've a stomach bug I want salt. But we'd none in and I wasn't getting out of my pjs to go get some.

Just feel heavy and bloated, 2nd week running. We'll see how it goes tomorrow on scales.

Date- 1/4/14
Day-4
Water- only two pints sf squash so far
Carbs- does porridge oats count? Lol
Body magic- 8 hours at work? Lol
Syns- 7.5 so far
Salad-.mixed bean and garlic chicken

ForumRunner_20140401_141335.png

SALAD CHALLENGE RESULTS

Hi everyone :), for those of us that started the Salad Challenge a week ago on Tuesday 25th March to Monday 31st March, the results are now in, here they are :D !

Salad Challenge1.png
The results have been fab and the Salad Challenge has been a success ! We are all looking forward to doing it again soon. :p

For those of you that have joined after, please feel free to post up your weigh in results when you have completed the challenge. :)

The next dates for the Salad Challenge in April are :-

Tuesday 22nd April to Monday 28th April :D hope you can all join the rest of us then !

Good luck to you all, and hope you all have a smashing loss ! :p

Kay xx

Amazing results everyone! I'm definitely up for that in April :) will help get rid of the easter bloat!

xxxx

Yay I've finally found this challenge! Looking forward to being a part of it w/c Tues 22nd :)

Quick question, can I have say 2x vegetarian sausage with a big salad for my tea? I.e. a sausage salad? Haha.

Hey sorry no time yet to read whole thread...so it's only one meal for salad?? I thought it'd be dinner and lunch!!! I'm speaking too soon probably but sounds easy! I may adapt and have a few days with both meals as salad. I'm not a soup person as my homemade soups are rubbish lol.

Snacking non carb too??

Yay I've finally found this challenge! Looking forward to being a part of it w/c Tues 22nd :)

Quick question, can I have say 2x vegetarian sausage with a big salad for my tea? I.e. a sausage salad? Haha.

Yep Em's indeed you can :D .

Here is a correct copy of the guidelines that need to be followed for this challenge :-

SALAD CHALLENGE GUIDELINES

This challenge is not just about eating salads, you have to make sure you are following all the points listed below on a daily basis, for 7 days for it to work !

- make sure you are drinking 2L of water min a day (nas squash is fine, avoid carbonated drinks if possible they do not count in the water allowance)
- body magic, 2/3 times in the week for 30 minutes min,
- lower your salt intake in the week
- keep carbs to a minimum (avoid potatoes, pasta, noodles, rice if possible) red days work better
- in your salads eat more leafy green veg,
- use fat free dressings
- salad has to be one of your main meals in the day (as a maincourse)
- no more than 10 syns a day (even on days out)

If you haven't been following all of the above then I can't say whether just eating salads everyday of the week will make a difference. If you can't be asked with all the above and just want to enjoy eating your salads everyday then feel free to do so :D but that's not what this challenge is about, it has to be a combination of the above for it to work :).

Hope you all have a strong pair of teeth, there is lots of chewing involved in this challenge lol :D.

Kay xx

SALAD CHALLENGE TEMPLATE

Hi everyone :), I have done a template for everyone to follow going forward (when the challenge starts). This means you do not need to post up your whole food diary, if you can all use this template when u start, it will be much more helpful to see who is actually on the challenge.

1. Date - fill out the date your food diary is for
2. Day of Challenge - eg, DAY 4 of challenge
3. Water Intake - this should be 2L minimum
4. Carbs Today - This is a no carb or low carb challenge so it should say `none' but if you have had, rice, pasta potatoes, noodles, please list it and how much.
5. Body Magic - This should be a minimum of 30 mins, 2/3 times in the week, please list what body magic you have done, eg 30 mins walk.
6. Total Syns - Maximum of 10 allowed, please write your total number of syns if you have gone over be honest and right it down.
7. Salad - Here you can post your pic or write what salad you had and list of ingredients.

Here is an example :

1. Date - Sunday 30th March 2014
2. Day of Challenge - Salad Challenge Day 6
3. Water Intake - 3L
4. Carbs Today - None
5. Body Magic - 30 mins walk
6. Total Syns - 5
7. Salad - Tuna Salad (Tuna, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Here is the template for you to copy paste and fill in: (please start using as of today :))

1. DATE:
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE:
3. WATER INTAKE:
4. CARBS TODAY:
5. BODY MAGIC:
6. TOTAL SYNS:
7. SALAD:

Please can you make sure that you are filling out your challenge at the end of your day or the next morning, its no good posting up in the middle of the afternoon because you still don't know if you'll be adding more to your meals at the end of the day.

Thanks so much Kay xx

The next Salad Challenge will run from Tuesday 22nd April to Monday 28th April, I will then present the results on a spreadsheet to share with everyone :D.

Kay xx

Hey sorry no time yet to read whole thread...so it's only one meal for salad?? I thought it'd be dinner and lunch!!! I'm speaking too soon probably but sounds easy! I may adapt and have a few days with both meals as salad. I'm not a soup person as my homemade soups are rubbish lol.

Snacking non carb too??

Hey Lauren, just posted up the short version of the guidelines, hope this helps answer your query :)

Kay xx

Hey bubble. Can i ask what pedometer you use? I dont trust the cheap ones!

Hi Becki its a tanita 3 axis. It was £15-20 if i remember rightly. The first one didnt work properly and i sent it back this one seems fab. Best works in trouser pocket not hips. Amazon is where i got it.'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Becki its a tanita 3 axis. It was £15-20 if i remember rightly. The first one didnt work properly and i sent it back this one seems fab. Best works in trouser pocket not hips. Amazon is where i got it.'

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks bubble. Will take a look now

Fantastic Kay thank you!! Re-read and saw to follow red days is best so makes sense now I've read it properly haha.

No carbs today!! :D

Fantastic Kay thank you!! Re-read and saw to follow red days is best so makes sense now I've read it properly haha.

No carbs today!! :D

I agree with you Lauren to have the salads twice as my meals for the day, I find they bloat me anyway and I'm not that hungry after, but some people still are ,they prefer to have their 2nd meal in the day as something different. Me personally, I would either have the same twice or my 2nd meal would be very small, like a small portion of stir fry veg. But I have left it open to what suits everyone. As long as the rest of the guidelines are followed it should work, whether u chose to have salads twice in the day or just once. :) Hope this helps.

Kay xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back