This Challenge is now Closed Link to New Challenge on last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fault becki, my family in cyprus couldnt get their tongue around saying success express its not that they added extra body magic to it!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Also on SE the only free food between meals is superfree. If you have something something that's free on one plan but not another you have to syn it at the higher value. Superfree frittata would be good for snacking!

Ooooh conveniently forgot those rules!!

Haha i thought it was about more body magic! ;) hehe

Well u know Slimming World encourages us to exercise - up to us what we do to burn the calories!!

I like it girls shall we try it for a week? My hubby won't know whats hit him!!!

I like it girls shall we try it for a week? My hubby won't know whats hit him!!!
Lol is that's next week challenge :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thought Id post todays eats for the challenge even though Ive gone over Kays 10 syn advice...

5 teas hexA, 3 litres of water
no real body magic just trying to ride my eldest daughters bike. Spent more time on the floor!

Bacon, and egg with mushrooms, onions and tomatoes. A bowl of strawberries and kiwis

mullerlight, apple, banana, 1/2 melon

salad (cabbage, onion, tomatoes, cucumber, rocket, carrot, celery, radishes and leaves too) with left over tikka chicken from last night. Chedd nibbles HEXA and mini ryvitas HEXB

summer fruits and raspberry cheesecake HEXB (this one is a good one)

Scrambled mess - courgette, onion, mushroom, asparagus, spinach and eggs seved with salad from lunchtime.

40g chilli heatwave doritoes 200 cal=10 syns and mini ripple 4.5 syns

So Im in for a success express day but failed the syns for the salad challenge. Now bearing in mind my syns have been under 5 for the last 5 days Im not too worried.

Sorry Kay we've gone off subject. What is it Pippa says... Naughty Bubble...:p

FRIDAY 28th March

SALAD CHALLENGE DAY 4

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x1 tangerine
x2 apples

Lunch -
veg stir fry - free

Dinner -
Egg Salad - free
(egg, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Snacks -
x1 freddo 5 syns

Drinks -
x2 peppermints teas
2L of Water

Body Magic - 30 min walk

TOTAL SYNS = 5

SATURDAY 29th March

SALAD CHALLENGE DAY 5

GREEN DAY

Breakfast -
x1 tangerine
x2 apples

Lunch -
veg stir fry - free

Dinner -
Egg Salad - free
(egg, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Snacks -
x1 freddo 5 syns

Drinks -
x2 peppermints teas
2L of Water

Body Magic - 30 min walk

TOTAL SYNS = 5

SUNDAY 30th March

SALAD CHALLENGE DAY 6

RED DAY

Breakfast -
x1 tangerine
x2 apples

Lunch -
veg stir fry - free

Dinner -
Prawn Salad - free
(Prawns, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Snacks -
x1 freddo 5 syns

Drinks -
x2 peppermints teas
2L of Water

Body Magic - 30 min walk

TOTAL SYNS = 5

Monday 31st March

SALAD CHALLENGE DAY 7

RED DAY

Breakfast -
x1 tangerine
x2 apples

Lunch -
veg stir fry - free

Dinner -
Tuna Salad - free
(Tuna, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Snacks -
x1 freddo 5 syns

Drinks -
x2 peppermints teas
2L of Water

Body Magic - 30 min walk

TOTAL SYNS = 5

SALAD CHALLENGE TEMPLATE

Hi everyone :), I've noticed there are a few members posting pics of salads on here but I'm not sure who is doing the challenge. I do not need a list of names but to help those that visit this thread to see who is on board, I have done a template for everyone to follow going forward. This means you do not need to post up your whole food diary, if you can all start using this template going forward, it will be much more helpful to see who is actually on the challenge.

1. Date - fill out the date your food diary is for
2. Day of Challenge - eg, DAY 4 of challenge
3. Water Intake - this should be 2L minimum
4. Carbs Today - This is a no carb or low carb challenge so it should say `none' but if you have had, rice, pasta potatoes, noodles, please list it and how much.
5. Body Magic - This should be a minimum of 30 mins, 2/3 times in the week, please list what body magic you have done, eg 30 mins walk.
6. Total Syns - Maximum of 10 allowed, please write your total number of syns if you have gone over be honest and right it down.
7. Salad - Here you can post your pic or write what salad you had and list of ingredients.

Here is an example :

1. Date - Sunday 30th March 2014
2. Day of Challenge - Salad Challenge Day 6
3. Water Intake - 3L
4. Carbs Today - None
5. Body Magic - 30 mins walk
6. Total Syns - 5
7. Salad - Tuna Salad (Tuna, cherry tomtoes, cucumber, red onion, gem lettuce, cabbage, peppers, kale)

Here is the template for you to copy paste and fill in: (please start using as of today :))

1. DATE:
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE:
3. WATER INTAKE:
4. CARBS TODAY:
5. BODY MAGIC:
6. TOTAL SYNS:
7. SALAD:

Please can you make sure that you are filling out your challenge at the end of your day or the next morning, its no good posting up in the middle of the afternoon because you still don't know if you'll be adding more to your meals at the end of the day.

Thanks so much Kay xx

The Salad Challenge Update

For those of you that have been following the salad challenge properly, it is a low calorie challenge consisting of mainly a little protein and lots of fibre with minimal carbs. I would therefore advise not to do it 2 weeks in a row. The challenge it designed to give your losses a boost if they have slowed down a little in the previous weeks. There are also other factors to consider. Doing the challenge for 2 weeks will make your body immune to the low calorie intake and will slow down the metabolism and your 2nd week losses will not be that much. It also important after one week to introduce your body back to regular foods. Because the reality is we will not be eating salads all our life. Introducing carbs and syns back gradually will sustain the loss you've had. It's also important not to go crazy the week after from no syns to 15 in just one day, do it gradually this will also help kick start your metabolism again.

The salad challenge is a great one to do a week before your holidays, if your looking for a little boost in your losses. Once you have completed a week, its important to continue with the good things, keep drinking lots of water and exercise, its all good for part of a healthy lifestyle.

Despite what I have explained above, if you still wish to continue for another week that is up to you. I will be resuming back to normal meals from Tuesday, once the challenge is over. I may do it again some time in the future.

All of the above is just my humble opinion, I am just one individual. Please do not feel the need to copy paste my words to another part of the forum. I am no nutrition guru ! Trust me if I was, I would have put myself at target many many moons ago ! :D

Kay xx

Last edited:
Forgot to add ...

I will be updating the results of the salad challenge on Tuesday or Wednesday Evening.
smile.gif

Kay xx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back