This Challenge is now Closed Link to New Challenge on last post!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEW STARTERS TO THE SALAD CHALLENGE

This challenge is not just about eating salads, you have to make sure you are following all the points listed below on a daily basis, for 7 days for it to work ! :)

- make sure you are drinking 2L of water min a day (nas squash is fine, avoid carbonated drinks if possible they do not count in
the water allowance)
- body magic, 2/3 times in the week for 30 minutes min,
- lower your salt intake in the week
- keep carbs to a minimum (avoid potatoes, pasta, noodles, rice if possible) red days work better
- in your salads eat more leafy green veg,
- use fat free dressings
- salad has to be one of your main meals in the day (as a maincourse)
- no more than 10 syns a day (even on days out)

If you haven't been following all of the above then I can't say whether just eating salads everyday of the week will make a difference. If you can't be asked with all the above and just want to enjoy eating your salads everyday then feel free to do so :D but that's not what this challenge is about, it has to be a combination of the above for it to work :).

TEMPLATE

Please use the following template once you start the challenge.

1. DATE:
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE:
3. WATER INTAKE:
4. CARBS TODAY:
5. BODY MAGIC:
6. TOTAL SYNS:
7. SALAD:

Hope you all have a strong pair of teeth, there is lots of chewing involved in this challenge lol :D. If you have any questions about the challenge just post them on here and I will reply to them as soon as I can.

Kay xx

For those of you that are starting the Salad Challenge next week. Please can I have the following info :-

Name :
Start Date :
Weigh In Day :

Thanks Kay xx :)

For those of you that are starting the Salad Challenge next week. Please can I have the following info :- Name : Start Date : Weigh In Day : Thanks Kay xx :)

Yvonne
Monday 21st April
Monday 28 th April

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sooo that's the salad challenge done for now! :)

I've lost 3 1/2lbs...whether it's water or fat loss doesn't matter...all the salad and lack of carbs has resulted in a great loss!

Good luck to all the newbies :)

Sooo that's the salad challenge done for now! :) I've lost 3 1/2lbs...whether it's water or fat loss doesn't matter...all the salad and lack of carbs has resulted in a great loss! Good luck to all the newbies :)

Well done ,
A great result :)

Sooo that's the salad challenge done for now! :)

I've lost 3 1/2lbs...whether it's water or fat loss doesn't matter...all the salad and lack of carbs has resulted in a great loss!

Good luck to all the newbies :)

Well done Lauren, 3.5 lbs is an amazing loss ! :D I'm so happy for you that the Salad Challenge worked, that's a big number. Now you can relax and enjoy yourself for Easter and then I'm sure next week you'll have a similar loss again if not more ! :)

I will post up your results in a bit . :p

Kay xx

UPDATED RESULTS FOR THE SALAD CHALLENGE !

Well done Lauren for losing 3.5 lbs !!! even though you were only on the challenge for 6 days, that's amazing hun ! :D

Salad Challenge Results.png
Kay xx

For those of you that are starting the Salad Challenge next week. Please can I have the following info :-

Name :
Start Date :
Weigh In Day :

Thanks Kay xx :)

Thanks Kay for setting up and guiding us all thro' another challenge!

I've decided to go back to class to help me to lose my last 11lbs - so will be WI on Tuesdays 29 April.

Name: Upndown (Linda)
Start Date: Weds 23 April
WI Day: Tues 29 April

Ok here we go day 1
Glad to be starting this after yesterday's disastrous relax day lol,

Ok here we go day 1
Glad to be starting this after yesterday's disastrous relax day lol,

Wooohooo ! Me too :D. DAY 1 here we come !! :superwoman:

So it's day 1 , I've changed from having a tuna salad to having a ham salad today ,
Will have tuna tomorrow :)

DATE 21/4/2014
DAY salad challenge day 1
PLAN red
CARBS none
WATER INTAKE 3L
BODY MAGIC 1hr 30 mins walk
SYNS none
SALAD ham, mixed leaves, cucumber, red onion, celery, spinach,

1. DATE: Mon 21/04/2014
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 1
3. WATER INTAKE: 2L
4. CARBS TODAY: None
5. BODY MAGIC: 40 min walk
6. TOTAL SYNS: 5 (freddo bar)
7. SALAD: Salmon Salad (mixed lettuce leaves, red onions, peppers, cherry tomatoes, salmon chunks)

IMG_0928.jpg

Morning Kay and all the other salad-ers

I'll be starting on Thursday

Name: Coughdrops
Start Date: Thu 24th April
WI Day: Thu 1st May

I know I said after the soup challenge that I didn't want to do the salad challenge right away, but it turns out I've planned to have salad for lunch every day this week! Also sticking to the low carb habit that I appear to have gotten into, I might be kind of following the same plan as the challenge, just without the red / green days in the same order as you guys. Think I may just hang out here for the week and see what happens!

Morning Kay and all the other salad-ers

I'll be starting on Thursday

Name: Coughdrops
Start Date: Thu 24th April
WI Day: Thu 1st May

Hey Niamh :), welcome aboard ! I know you'll do smashing on this challenge like you did last time. Will add your name to the spreadsheet :D. Good luck hun !

Kay xx

I know I said after the soup challenge that I didn't want to do the salad challenge right away, but it turns out I've planned to have salad for lunch every day this week! Also sticking to the low carb habit that I appear to have gotten into, I might be kind of following the same plan as the challenge, just without the red / green days in the same order as you guys. Think I may just hang out here for the week and see what happens!

Hi Emma, glad to have you on board, I will add your name to the spreadsheet. This challenge is a lot more flexible than the soup one but just as effective. You can choose which plan you want to follow, red/green/ee . You can also have carbs everyday but they have to be low. The components you have to follow are :-

water - 2L minimum
body mgic - 2/3 times a week for 30 mins
carbs - low
salt - low
salad - as one meal of the day (has to be maincourse, not side salad)

I think you're doing all the above anyway so I will add your name to the speadsheet. I take it you will weigh in on Monday to get the full benefit of the 7 days ? Please can you post up your diary for yesterday (DAY 1) using the template below :-

1. DATE:
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE:
3. WATER INTAKE:
4. CARBS TODAY:
5. BODY MAGIC:
6. TOTAL SYNS:
7. SALAD:

Thanks and hope you have a fab week Emma ! :D

Kay xx

1. DATE: Tues 22/04/2014
2. DAY OF CHALLENGE: 2
3. WATER INTAKE: 2L
4. CARBS TODAY: None
5. BODY MAGIC: 40 min walk (to group & back)
6. TOTAL SYNS: 5.5 (freddo bar 5, olives 0.5)
7. SALAD: Quorn Tikka Salad (mixed lettuce leaves, red onions, olives, cherry tomatoes, Quorn Tikka pieces)

IMG_0664.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back