This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Hey guys! I got sent home from work - lasted about 10 minutes. I went straight to my Dr's who's signed me off work, has asked for repeat bloods, and is treating me for vertigo :cry:
I asked again about the blood values and stuff and she said that even if my TSH is considered high by some people/labs that because my free T4 is ok, then everything is fine.
I was so upset and felt so ill that I just gave in. I even forced myself to go for bloods by myself, even though I'm terrified. Because I feel THAT bad! Lovely nurse couldn't get anything out of me and had to stop after a while because I almost passed out twice. Got to try again tomorrow with my sister driving and me on diazapam.

Dudes, I just feel so hopeless and sad and bloody guilty about work :( x

Hiya
If you have no thyroid gland left at all then you should be ok but its green veg, cale, broccoli, cauliflower.

Why did it take so long............... Well its a very long story but I was a very fit teenager and was under 9 stone until I got to just after my 13th birthday, started to gain weight at a rapid rate of knots, was so tired it was untrue, got home from school and slept basically. Went to the doctor who said that it must just be the fact that puberty had kicked in and gave me iron tablets. They gave me grief about putting on weight and told me that periods were not an excuse to put on weight. The doctor convinced my mum that I must be secretly eating and the fact that I had stopped the gymnastics, trampolining and swimming was the reason for the weightgain. So evertime I cried to my mum about my weight she basically said that I needed to start doing exercise again and stop secret eating, anyway time went on like this for a while.

I then went to weightwatchers with mum when I was 16 to find that I was then 12 stone 4 when I started. My weightloss was VERY slow which was put down to this so called secret eating. In the Summer of 1988 (the summer I left school) I was involved in an horrific car crash whilst on holiday in france, was on life support for a 3 weeks and eventually let home after 3 months. After that the weight piled on, my mouth and teeth were badly damaged and I couldnt bite so lived on soft foods, I was depressed and basically started eating far too much ice cream, custard and the likes.

Anyway in the next 10 years I moved to Southampton to University where the weight still went up and up, even living on a student budget! Due to the fact I moved on numerous occasion I changed GPs on numerous occasions and it was the final change of doctor that did it. I went to him for my new patient appointment and the nurse asked if I had ever had tests for my thyroid function, to which I answered no, I was sent straight up the hopsital for a whole load of tests, which when came back showed my thyroid function was basically non existent but occasionally surged and gave me a blast of thyroxine. My thyroid gland was enlarged and infected basically I was a mess. Well that was when I was 27 and 19 stone 8.

Moved again!! ( did a lot of that) back up north this time and lost 3 stone just due to taking the thyroxine, I guess I became complacent that I could eat anything and still lose weight!!! Oh boy was I wrong so here I am.

Long Story but happy ending. Me on lots of various tablets with a stable thyroid!!

Wow Vicky! That's quite a sad story. You've been through so much :( Must have been awful for people not to believe you and say you were secret eating :confused:
And the car accident too!! Eeek! Really glad you're ok now and are having treatment and stuff.xx

Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Hey we all go through these things but we come through as stronger people xx

Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

You've both been through the wars, I didn't realise how nasty thyroid problems were before now.
I wish you both all the best xx

I think Moira is enjoying the bank holiday - if you pop on later, good luck for wi tomorrow x

Wow there really are some experiences on here- i think moira has really touched a nerve. And i dont think there is alot of understanding about just how badly or totally it affects you. I couldnt even lift my 4mo baby at one point and was crying with the frustration. It's amazing i hadnt hardly heard of a thyroid before i was diagnosed lol.

Moira those chinese lettuce wraps looked gorgeous! Might have to try a veggie version. X

Evening Ladies, Sorry iv not been on to update my food diary but i had a lovely day sitting in my garden yesterday. Lately i seem to spend a lot of my time thinking about what im going to eat next, so i started to read the latest james patterson instead to try and distract me from the food lol
I had very similar food to sunday, eating the other half of the chinese takeaway (so no cooking) and i was well behaved and only used 8 syns on 2 bacardi and diet coke.

well i had my weigh in tonight and i had gained 1.5 lb..................... "I JUST HATE THIS BLOODY THYROID MEDECINE," "can yous all hear me shouting over there lol " Im having my bloods done this friday so im assuming i will have an increase in meds next week.
I just knew it, I could feel my trousers getting tight and i have to say i was feeling kinda sorry for myself so ate all the wrong things today.
Anyway no use dwelling on it and i have to say if i wasent doing sw i would have probally have gained a lot more.............. so starting again......... tomorrow is another day hope yous all all doing ok

Hi Moira
Hope all is well!
How did you get on?
Mx

Hi Mandy just seen your post there, silly page logged me out just as i was gonna post, it could have been a lot worse . i gave my consultant my weeks diary just to look over incase im missing something im doing wrong, shes gonna ring me tomorrow, i do think its the thyroid though. otherwise im actually feeling grand ,im thinking of starting going for some walks in the evenings, i hate exercise and i know when i say this at home they will roll on the ground laughing but i need to do something to rev this metabolism up i think. How are you Mandy ? all set for your class tomorrow i hope.. had a great giggle when i seen your post about no cigarettes, fair play to you mrs lol

Aw, that's rotten. It has got to be your thyroid, your diary has been excellent. If they increase your meds will the weight come off? Feeling well is the most important thing though, it's only reading the other ladies posts that has made me realise how tough thyroid problems are.

I'm fine but my diet has been pants since I got in from work, serious munchies! I dunno if it's a last blast, or just one of those days. I can't wait for tomorrow and getting stuck in properly. I know exactly what you mean about focusing on food all the time not actually helping.

I hate exercise too, I love walking but need someone with me to chat to. I could try taking the cat for a walk, but I think he might have issues with that!!

Let me know what your consultant says about your diary x

Aw, that's rotten. It has got to be your thyroid, your diary has been excellent. If they increase your meds will the weight come off? Feeling well is the most important thing though, it's only reading the other ladies posts that has made me realise how tough thyroid problems are.

I'm fine but my diet has been pants since I got in from work, serious munchies! I dunno if it's a last blast, or just one of those days. I can't wait for tomorrow and getting stuck in properly. I know exactly what you mean about focusing on food all the time not actually helping.

I hate exercise too, I love walking but need someone with me to chat to. I could try taking the cat for a walk, but I think he might have issues with that!!

Let me know what your consultant says about your diary x

Yes Mandy once im on enough meds to get me in optimal range the weight gain should stop and if i diet, i should lose again. hopefully thats what should and will happen..... i can just see you now, no drink and talking to the cat, id say your neighbours would be worried about you, actually when our cat was neutered and had the big collar on she was mad to get outside so we used to take it in turns walking her around on a lead............. in the back garden i should add, so it has been done.
dont be mad about eating what you want tonight, just put it behind you and start fresh tomorrow. What time is your class ?

I think the neighbours already worry lol.

How quickly will your meds be altered after you've had your bloods done - will the new dose kick in quickly?

My class is 5.15...Bring it on!

Thanks girls for the positive comments
I know I can do this, I know it works and just cos its not working for me at the minute doesn't mean it won't start working again.
All i need at the moment is Patience

The procedure for bloods is as follows Mandy
1. Blood taken this Friday in gps and I leave into hospital
2. Hopefully results back to gp next tue
3. Practice nurse rings me on wed with results, I pop into gp and collect copy of results and fax off to endocrinologist
4. She sees results and hopefully I get call Thursday or Friday
5. Change dosage if I need to and with this new medecine it can take between 4 to 6 weeks to build up new level in body
6. Do above all over again every 6 weeks

And that's going private and paying to speed the process up lol
Plenty of time to put on even more weight !!!!!

So I've been thinking .....I may be eating too much, I was chatting to my sw friend last night and I realised that I still don't stop eating when I'm full, no mater what I've on the plate I keep eating till its all gone. Now that goes against the principles of sw doesn't it. I'm also eating about 25 bananas plus all my other fruit each week
So from today.....
1.... I'm going to make a conscious effort to stop when I think I'm full
2.....I'm going to drink my tea without milk because I keep forgetting to count each splash @ 1 syn
3..... I'm going to drink more water
4......I'm going to chill out, so I'm away to do my ironing. Chat to yous all later x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sounds like a plan!
I always follow the no weighing, no measuring bit of sw...could be where I go wrong too...I certainly don't do the full thing.
Don't you use your a for milk?
25 bananas is a tree full! My sil always has an emergency banana in her bag lol.

A tree full as right lol maby a few too many ? I haven't been thinking cos I just eat 3 or 4 each day, but they do add up oops
I'm bold when I do the milk, I normally hea my cheese each day so kinda purposely forget the milk. Definitely syns I'm not counting. Hope you hoovered those crumbs out of the bed you bold thing. Lol what are we like.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Moira. Hope they manage to get your thyroid sorted out soon - I've been reading all the thyroid comments with interest. Do watch the hidden syns as if you're not counting the syns could any other extra bits be sneaking it, they could push you into a maintenance? I know you've gained but might be worth seeing if it follows a pattern too, ie mid month when you ovulate or just before your period? I'm finding that I gain or maintain mid month when I ovulate and following week it comes down. Mandy I hope you enjoyed your class yesterday. Hi to else subscribing too.

Evening Everyone i hope yous are all well.
Sorry again for not updating my diary but the weather has been good here and i have been enjoying the sunshine every minute its here. I havent taken photos of my meals cos there is only so much fruit anybody needs to see and i havent cooked anything different, but ive had 2 good days.

For Breakfast ..........both days i had 35g porridge, muller light and fruit
For Lunch ...............both days i had 1 mugshot and more fruit (getting fed up with these so need to have something different )
and for Dinner..........on wed i had a chicken fillet with a big bowl of veg stirfryed and today i had piece of salmon oven roasted with cajun spices with a load of roasted peppers, mushrooms, wee tomatoes, sugar snap peas, green beans and baby potatoes. topped with 40g feta cheese. i love dinners that can be popped in the oven , gives me a chance to rattle the ice cubes in my empty glass lol

I had strawberries and muller light as an afternoon snack on Wed and the same today, i also had about 3/4 pk of bernard matthews turkey today

HEa was Wed milk in tea.........Thur... cheese
HEb porridge
Syns for Wed were used on 1 sainsburys czech (1) 1 tbsp oyster sauce...........Thur 1 czech (1) 1 bacardi (4) milk in tea (2) 1 cappachino (3.5)

MANDY............ONLY 2 BANANAS IN 2 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!

Just spoke to my consultant a while ago on the phone, she has gone over my weeks diaries and says everything is just fine, i did mention about all the bananas and she says it kinda goes against sw principles to tell me not to eat them but she did agree that maby i should cut back on them and see what happens, she also agrees that stopping eating when full is the most important and not just clearing the plate like i always do.
Im gonna buy a smaller plate when i get the chance cos i still want to see a full plate, and im gonna see what happens.
She is going to contact sw head office and see if there is any more advice she can give to thyroid sufferers and tell me at weigh in next mon, so all i can do is keep going, sure it wont do me any harm.
I havent time to catch up with yous all individually tonight but i hope yous are all slimming away merrierly, thanks for all the support, chat soon moira x

Back