This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Evening Ladies , sorry ive not been on the last few days, i want to say a big thank you to Mandyboo, cheekychinchilla, riahummingbird and Aquasharine. Thanks girls for all your lovely comments and support.
Things have settled down here and i had a very lazy day in the garden with my mum and family yesterday. she will be 91 this july and cannot understand why anyone would want to eat smokie food and my man is of the same mind so for them i did a cooked chicken, new potatoes and veg and for my daughter and i, i cooked some chicken skewrs on the barbie, made a bit of home made coleslaw and some potato salad.
after that things went a bit downhill, i ate a few of the small kit kats, some crisps, drank some bacardi and ate a whole bloody battenburg cake . It was a small one and i did give himself a slice so maby that helped because anyway tonight I lost 1/2 lb. omg i know its not a lot but im so pleased im smiling all evening, i hope this means my thyroid is behaving and the last few weeks were only a blip.
From tomorrow im back on plan big time and i will be here every day updating this diary.
I dident take any photos of my food over the weekend so instead i will introduce you to my amazing and lovely mum, the most amazing and laid back woman you could ever meet, this was taken around her 90th birthday

now im away off to have a wee read of all your diaries, chat to yous all soon x

Last edited:
Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

I can't see the picture! What a great age though.
Yaaaaay half a pound and after a whole battenberg - well done you! Hopefully things will start moving for you now. Do you get your results tomorrow?
It sounds like you had a fab weekend too. I'm looking forward to your diary this week and maybe stealing some ideas x

wow...fine looking woman if that's round about her 90's!!
and yer not so bad yourself mrs ;) lol

well done on the loss...1/2 off for me too...not much but a step in the right direction...DOWNWARDS! yay x

wow...fine looking woman if that's round about her 90's!!
and yer not so bad yourself mrs ;) lol

well done on the loss...1/2 off for me too...not much but a step in the right direction...DOWNWARDS! yay x

Thanks, yes shes a great woman and has a better social life than me lol and well done on your loss too, a half lb off is great, once its coming off we can be happy

Evening ladies,
got my blood results back today and as i expected im now underactive, correct range for TSH is 0.2--4.0 and im now 6.96 FREE T4 range 9--19 and im 11.4 which is too low, it should ideally be 17 /18 this explaines my weight gain for the last 2 weeks, but ive no idea how i managed to lose my half pound last night. anyway i will be faxing these to my endo tomorrow morning and awaiting her phone call. my gp has told me to increase my eltroxin 75mcg from 3 days to everyday and not to wait on her reply before doing anything. im really lucky to have a good team of doctors who thankfully all work together to help me, but i do think we all need to become much more involved in our own health too. anyway enough about that, im feeling good and just hoping the increase will halt my downwards slide into hypo, i expect more blood in 4 weeks will let us know. food diary for today in the next post folks x

Tuesday 11 June............Extra easy

Breakfast..............35g porridge, muller light, strawberries

Lunch.................peri peri chicken with noodle salad ( syn free from a restaurant approved by sw in town )

image-573940379.jpg

Dinner..............steak, baby boils roasted, onions, tomato, cauliflour, carrotts.

image-1488011675.jpg

snacks...........pineapple, omg no bananas today lol

syns...........1 czeck lager (1) alpen light (3.5) popcorn (2.5)

HEa....... milk for tea
HEb....... porridge

image-1691781611.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Evening!
So it's turned out as expected, it wasn't the bananas after all. Hopefully things will pick up now and the pounds will drop off. You're feeling ok which is the most important thing.
Food is looking really good x

When I'm doing the food diary I normally upload the photos from my phone but have my laptop on and logged in here and then I go in and click edit post and do the writing on the laptop cos its easier to type.
Can you tell me if you could see the photos before I did the writing about them please ????

I think the popcorn is well worth the syns, I've now tried the 3 flavours and found them all grand they all have a fairly strong taste and it really hits the spot, there's a good bit in the bags too

image-426242721.jpg

Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Evening ladies,
got my blood results back today and as i expected im now underactive, correct range for TSH is 0.2--4.0 and im now 6.96 FREE T4 range 9--19 and im 11.4 which is too low, it should ideally be 17 /18 this explaines my weight gain for the last 2 weeks, but ive no idea how i managed to lose my half pound last night. anyway i will be faxing these to my endo tomorrow morning and awaiting her phone call. my gp has told me to increase my eltroxin 75mcg from 3 days to everyday and not to wait on her reply before doing anything. im really lucky to have a good team of doctors who thankfully all work together to help me, but i do think we all need to become much more involved in our own health too. anyway enough about that, im feeling good and just hoping the increase will halt my downwards slide into hypo, i expect more blood in 4 weeks will let us know. food diary for today in the next post folks x

Oh love so sorry to hear this. I know how frustrating it as to be doing everything right but through no fault of your own gain weight. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get balanced again soon oh and enjoy your bananas again xx

When I'm doing the food diary I normally upload the photos from my phone but have my laptop on and logged in here and then I go in and click edit post and do the writing on the laptop cos its easier to type.
Can you tell me if you could see the photos before I did the writing about them please ????

I think the popcorn is well worth the syns, I've now tried the 3 flavours and found them all grand they all have a fairly strong taste and it really hits the spot, there's a good bit in the bags too

View attachment 95511

thanks for posting that pic...i might give them a bash :) x

Well done on the loss and love the pic of your mum! At least now you have got the bloods you have a good idea whats happening and they can fix it. Im going to get mine done and will def have to see if i can get a print out of my results so i can swot up lol.

Food looks good too, i wish we had a sw approved restuarant nearby it would make eating out alot easier! I think i have that popcorn in the back of my cupboard sonewhere i will have to dig it out and give it a go.

Back