This is my year, EE and Green days with Photos

Fantastic advice from everyone - agree wholeheartedly x

RachelDublin I have been doing SW since 22nd April and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself, I have tried all sorts of diets over the years ( i am underactive too) and have lost small amounts here and there, this time is the last time! and it seems to be working for me, good luck my friend, you are not alone x

Xmisskx thanks so much for your reply,

It's great to have ppl here to talk to it really is,

My fear has always been that I'd be one of those people who joins all plans and never looses,

I don't know what I'm afraid of but I feel loosing weight and the depression of it is taking over my life :-(

it's so hard....and none of us wants to try something then "give up" or feel like we've failed cos we really do give ourselves enough grief!

i totally believe that diets set us up to fail...anything that says we can ONLY have this or can't have that instantly makes us want everything we "think" we shouldnt have. and yeah, they're all great at first cos of course we lose weight but in the end, our body craves so much more so when we give it what it wants, we instantly have "failed" at that particular diet and then comes the dreaded weight gain cos we've gone from eating 3g of lettuce leaves and only the left side of a brazil nut all day (lmao...that amused me...gotta try and lighten the mood and you get what i mean tho hehe ;) ) to eating 3 meals a day.

with sw, i feel that it's just a change to things...it's let me eat so many things that i wouldn't have dreamed of eating and as i mentioned in my last post, it's cos its prepared in a much healthier way that we can enjoy it guilt free.

only a few people know i'm doing sw and it's not cos i'm ashamed...it's cos i can't be bothered with the constant questions of oooh how are you getting on...are you "allowed" that...or the thoughts of "pffft...how's she having that...so much for her diet" and of course i wasn't sure how i would manage at the beginning so i didn't want to risk telling people in case i didn't like it or whatever and then comes the "are you still doing sw...no...hmmm she didn't last long eh" type things.

my friend commented at work the other day that i graze all day and i did feel a bit put out cos i thought god...do i look like i eat all the time...but i just replied..."yeah..but i don't eat any sh1t" and she said "no that's the best way so they say...little and often"

i do graze/snack a lot but i do think that it's because the foods we eat might seem a lot (ie a plate of sw chips and cheese with beans.) but the reality is that we've had some potato, our healthy extra allowance of cheese and some beans...not hard to see why it breaks down differently than the same thing from the local take away...not to mention it won't clog our arteries half as much lol

it's easy to say don't let it get to you but until we feel happy with ourself, nothing anyone says will make us feel better and hey, i'm so much better at giving the advice instead of taking it myself!

don't doubt yourself as much as you have been...if you're interested in sw then enquire...trapse the net like i did before i started...stalk people's food diaries on here to see what they're eating and how do-able it is for you...and then if you want to...give it a bash and be like the rest of us who boast about what we've had for dinner or how full we are but yet we've eaten guilt free.
you don't need to tell anyone...eating healthier will be so much less obvious than sitting with snacks with the ww logo blasted all over it...for EVERYONE to see that you're following it (hated going to iceland with my pile of meals at the check out lol)

awww it's just so hard at times isn't it...sometimes i wish we could look at ourselves with the same eyes that other people do...the people who love us i mean...but we don't and so we just need to find a place where we can get there little by little and i promise you...here is a good start! xxx

Wow miss k what a great way of explaining slimming world, you are so right. when I first started out I used to think of it as a diet too. But you are right it is just a way of life, I'm never hungry and what a choice of food,

Bit late getting on tonight so just a quick post of today's food then I'm off to bed

Breakfast...... Big bowl of banana strawberries pineapple and muller light

Lunch......apple and celery, ham slices, feta 30g,veg salad

image-3476107194.jpg

Dinner......sausage and bacon roll, we have a restaurant close that prepares stuff for sale too, got my sausages which are syn free and lovely cooked on the pan with some smoked paprika served with the rest of the lunchtime salads

image-49940373.jpg

Syns.....2 tbsp el mayo (2) 1 tsp red sauce (1) 1 alpen light (3) 1 Czech (1)

Snacks....... 1 banana, pineapple and strawberries with muller light turkish flavour

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks so much for all your help I really need it,

Well I'm meeting a guy in my gym tomorrow (personal trainer) so I'm hoping he will advise me of best exercises for thyroid. Ill take some nutritional advise from him and join SW on Tuesday, I've decided :) Go Me!

I point and track every day and most I go over is like 10 points week. I kinda think maybe my body is just so used to WW and thats why no loss?Maybe

I have a feeling im going to need to exercise every day to see losses but tbh once I am sure and assured that what I am doing will work I know I will get stuck in 100% its just the uncertainty that sends me off track I cant get motivated,

Hoping for bloods back tomorrow :) will let u no how it goes,

Checking out SW diaries here now

xxxxxx

Hey guys,

Please be my friend and follow my thread lol

I set one up its called thyroids, trainers and trying hard

Today was a much better day.

Thanks so much to you guys for Inspiring me

Xxxxxx

Hey guys,

Please be my friend and follow my thread lol

I set one up its called thyroids, trainers and trying hard

Today was a much better day.

Thanks so much to you guys for Inspiring me

Xxxxxx

i'll have a look for it now....feel free to have a nose through mine too...i do EE, green and the odd day so you'd get to see an example of food on all plans ;) x

Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Hi Moira! Hope everything is ok, I miss you being about x

Morning Mandy and Sharon,
I'm back and i have to admit to being very bold these last few days, it all started with the sausage sandwich on Thursday and went rapidly downhill from there.
There really was no excuse for it, I just find I get bored being good all the time.

I went shopping to the city on Monday with my daughter and had a really lovely day out , got 2 lovely pairs of jeans in M & S sale, size 12 ,they are a wee bit tight on the waist but still fit so I'm back on plan since yesterday.

I wasent home in time on monday for weigh in, so will be back getting weighed next week.

Hope yous are all keeping well !!!!!

Food diary updated tonight when I get home !!

Here we go again..... Wednesday 3 July

Extra easy.......

Breakfast........porridge muller light strawberries

Lunch.......2 big bowls of homemade ministroni soup. It was just gorgeous. Very easy recipe just ask if your interested

image-2578395418.jpg

Dinner......small pork chop and cheesy cauliflower and carrots

image-2937464081.jpg

HEa cheese
HEb porridge

Syns 1 rich tea biscuit (2) 1 czeck (1) milk for 2 teas (2)

Snacks were 1 muller Turkish delight with a bowl of strawberries peach apricot and pineapple after my dinner.

Just popping out to water the flowers in my garden think I will have a Sainsburys popcorn for (2.5 ) syns when I come back in

I'm back and i have to admit to being very bold these last few days, it all started with the sausage sandwich on Thursday and went rapidly downhill from there.
There really was no excuse for it, I just find I get bored being good all the time.

I went shopping to the city on Monday with my daughter and had a really lovely day out , got 2 lovely pairs of jeans in M & S sale, size 12 ,they are a wee bit tight on the waist but still fit so I'm back on plan since yesterday.

I wasent home in time on monday for weigh in, so will be back getting weighed next week.

Hi Moira. Fab news re the jeans bet that totally made your day :). Definitely an incentive to put that ankle bracelet halo back flying high :). Sometimes a time out does no harm and gives you a boost to knuckle down again. Recipe books are good to add a bit of variety. Good luck this week. .

Re: Thyroid Troubles, EE and Green days with Photos

Great to have you back, it wasn't the same on here without you!
Get you with your size 12 jeans - you go girl!!

Get you with your size 12 jeans, I am literally green with envy. Thought I was doing well getting into my size 14's! Now I just feel like a total fat failiure again. Never mind, kick up the arse well and truely given!. Most of my clothes are now getting too big, the linens I have on now are totally falling off me but they were the only ones ironed this morning when I got up for work.

I am getting to that point in a diet where I am getting abit bored of my food, any inspiring ideas, especially if anyone has a SW version of tuna pasta bake or Chicken pasta dishes would be really well appreciated as I am really missing pasta at the moment.

Thank you all in advance

x

Hi Vicky
You're doing so well, your stats are amazing.
I use the homepride pasta bake sauces and I know they do a tuna one, I'm not sure what the syns would be for it but I have creamy tomato and bacon and that works out at 7.5 syns for a third of the jar. I put more pasta in than the recipe says and it makes lots. There is nothing else to syn if you use cheese as a hex.

Hadnt thought of using the Homepride ones, Ive got the tuna pasta one in my cupboard pre diet, as much as I enjoy the Salmon and salad or Chicken and Salad, I am getting bored of them now and I know this is when I fall off the wagon, really missing my pasta. Thinking about trying a chicken and pasta dish with philli light ( the garlic and herb one) as the sauce which I could use as my hex for the day. Hmm guess I will need to get my thinking hat on and stop myself falling off the wagon. Oh and thanks for the compliment, makes all the difference........... I am NOT going back to a 16! EVER x

Evening ladies, that's great news Sharon I'm sure your very proud of your son, fair play to him.

Vicky nice to see you back, I'm not much help with pasta recipes sorry, I did one a while back with the Philly light and thinned it down with a little chicken stock, topped the pasta with chicken and bacon pieces and it was ok

Food has been very much the same as usual
Porridge with fruit and muller in the mornings

Lunch on Thursday was more ministroni soup and today had 2 m & s rolls with ham

image-3706468070.jpg

Dinner yesterday was a big chicken noodle and veg stir fry and today an omelette
I had lots of fruit both days and (8 ) syns yesterday

tonight I had 2 Bacardi and a crunchy so (17) syns while I watched a rerun of an Irish drama called Love Hate it is very gritty but well worth watching, half of the women in Ireland including me drool over this loveable rogue called Darren

image-3122576599.jpg

Thought I'd share a little eye candy ladies x

I'm off to bed now, work in the morning, so catch up with yous all later

Back