This is the one

((hugs)) are you on a plan of any sort?
I know that men struggle with the whole image of a diet, but they do help (while we stick to them).

I noticed that there is a lot of fat in what you're eating (I love camembert).

My hubby has in the past joined me on atkins (many years ago) as he loves meat. :) It's quite an easy thing to stick to and doesn't make you look 'odd' when eating out etc.. It might be worth researching. You'll love the weight loss side of things :) staying in ketosis means you're not hungry and you are even allowed cheese. ;) Big roast dinner (without potatoes), fry ups etc.. My hubby lost a stone in the first week.. admittedly some of that is water but still after a month or so his trousers were falling down! lol

Alternatively you could log all your foods on somewhere like fitday (website) where it'll tell you fat content/carbs etc. A great way of keeping track if you need it. :)

You can do this.. it's just a case of keeping yourself in check when temptation comes a knocking.. easier said than done.

((hugs))

Thanks purple hugs :D (right back at you)

No, not on a plan as such, more of an overall improvement to how I am with food.
I want to eat and be seen eating (for my kids) healthy food.
I'm trying not to be special and have seperate meals.
My philosophy is...that if it's no good for me, then it's no good for my kids.
That said, I have just eaten a load of full fat cheese...so what do I know :confused:

Carbs is a big weakness for me, especially white bread...hhmm, white bread.
Oh yeah, and beer ;)

Wednesday - day 10

A bit better day, but still no exercise.

food

morning - green tea, coffee, white tea

afternoon - home made tomatoe soup with white baguette 1/2, banana, orange, coffee

evening - vegatable lasagne, kiwi, grape juice, ice-cream (very small), coffee, herbal tea x 2

Thursday - day 11

Really good day.

Good long run in the morning, about 3 miles.
An hour in my home(made) gym. I did some online research and found some good exercises for dumbells. I was really tired afterwards...goos stuff.

food

multivit drink + ginseng and cod liver oil tablets

morning - coffee x 2, green tea x 2

afternoon - home made soup (turnip) with white baguette (1/4...less than usual), coffee, green tea x 2, kiwi fruit x 2, banana x 1, apple x 1

evening - pasta and chorizo, kiwi x 1, orange x 1, coffee, herbal tea x 4, diet coke 250ml, grape juice 200ml.

Plus about 1 litre of still water

Friday - day 12

Not a bad day.

I did another decent session in my garage. I even did a bit of shadow boxing.
Very funny when your listening to your ipod and then turn to watch your whole family looking at you.

It's felt like another stop-start week.

food

multivit drink + ginseng and cod liver oil tablets

morning - banana, coffee x 1, green tea x 2

afternoon - kiwi fruit, orange

evening - chicken stir fry, orange, home made cake (very small)*, coffee, diet coke 500ml, still water 500ml, herbal tea x 1

Another full week without beer. ;)
A bit to much red wine, so I'm going to sort that out this week. :eek:

Saturday morning weigh in

89.9 kg - 197.78 - 14.12 stones

Again I'm not sure what to think.
On the one hand, I have lost weight...so, I should be happy. Given that I once again didn't really get going.
But, on the other hand I know it should have been much, much better.

On a positive, I'm still ahead of schedule...but next week is going to be a killer.

Saturday - day 13

On reflection I'm happy that I've actually lost weight this week.
I could have done better, but c'est la vie.

I should be doing more exercise.

I did manage 30 minutes heavy digging in the garden and a bit of weight work in the garage.

Food

morning - coffee x 2, green tea x 2, white tea x 2

afternoon - soup and baguette (my downfall), flapjack (home made) coffee, diet coke

evening - chicken in cider, root vegetables, roast potatoes, flapjack, coffee, diet coke, goats cheese (small piece)

I think this should be day 26.

I've had a bad couple of weeks but have decided to get to it.

It's been blow outs at weekends mainly, but I've not been watching what I'm doing in the week either.

Hello again everyone.

I'm going to have another go at this.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow and take it from there.

A healthy day today.

Loads of activity and healthy food.

I'm trying to think of a plan but nothings jumping out at me just yet.

The last thing I tried sounded good but just fizzled out.

The one thing I've looked at is called 'fat burning soup' - I saw it in a book we got free with a magazine.
It's all about negative calories.

Anyway, I got my days mixed up. It's a bank holiday here today and it felt a bit like Friday night yesterday. So I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, not today.

If anyone has any good ideas for a diet I'd be happy to listen.

Back