This LAST time....or WEIGHT loss surgery

jules1981

Gold Member
Yep..... its THIS or surgery. I am on tier 3 for WLS surgery BUT I am not sure it's for me for lost of reasons. Main one I am scared and my severe mh problems. My psychiatrist is not keen on me to have the surgery right now.

I've cal counted done slimming world and am currently joined weight watchers. I go to meeting on Thurs.

My height weight was 25 stone. I binge eat :( this is why I am not sure about wls obviously it's not something I can do IF I were to have an WLS op due to risk of seriously harming myself.

My lowest weight was a few weeks ago 21.2 lbs-so close to 20 STONE something.

I am a slow looser we are not sure if it's the amount of meds i am on. I do get occasion WOoshes.

I eat out a lot.

I get 38 points a day on ww.

I have ME/CFS so struggle to exercise. I've started swimming lesson on a mon but only manage 20-30 mins in the water. I am learning to swim. But I then spend tues in bed :(

I NEED to do this for my son and me. He is my world i WANT to see him grow up. I LOVE him so much-he's kept me going when I've been in psychatric hospitals. He's my baby bear. He's 6 years old.

I joined the christmad challenge i was 21.10 last thurs. I would live to be 19.7 by Christmas. Xxxx

I really hope you try it one last time i really do, my depression was definetly hindering any diet i ever tried. my biggest weight was over 25 stone i dont know how much as my nurse couldnt weigh me on the scales she had i wasnt even upset she couldnt weigh me i just accepted it. i have been loosing weight through my factory job but one day just bit the bullet and joined slimming world and thought i would give my heart and soul to it i started at 19st11 and lost 10lb my first week then 8lb my second week my third week i lost 3.5lb but i had afamily visiting and no work last week so im back onit again this week more motivated than ever i really hope whatever path you take your happy xxxxxxx

Thank you so so much. You have done SO WELL with your weight loss :) with SW even in my first week I think i lost 4lbs and that was the most I ever lost in a week. But having said that I DO STIL stick to there principle and cut all my fat off meet and even on ww i dint eat hardly any cooked fruit as i cant get used to it being ok to eat :) i loved slimming world pancakes-i am sure I can do something with ww will have to look into it. One of my loves is cooking and when mu mh is bad it distracts me. Xxxx

Today's food

2 skinny cappuccino -6 points

Ww bread -3
60g salmon -2
Cucumber
Crisps -4

Cuppa tea and coffee with skinny milk -1

Pizza-15
Peas
Rocket
Cucumber
Peppers
Ww dressing

Yog-2
Blueberries
Strawberries

1l water
500 mls diet tonic water

7031 steps

Xxxx

Attachments

• 20180826_123333.jpg
    20180826_123333.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180826_161403.jpg
    20180826_161403.jpg
    505.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 20180826_192615.jpg
    20180826_192615.jpg
    617.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20180826_231501.jpg
    20180826_231501.jpg
    720.9 KB · Views: 15
7000 steps is a lot for me. I normally do around 3/4000 ish. Probably why I've been resting in bed since my son was in bed at 8pm :) xxxx

Welcome Jules - good to have you in Little Miss Naughty's Slimmer for Christmas thread. Love your pictures too. Post daily - to keep you on track.
I have ME/CFS so struggle to exercise. I've started swimming lesson on a mon but only manage 20-30 mins in the water. I am learning to swim.
20 minutes or more is great. Celebrate yr success.

It's great you like to cook - can you get your boy to help you with a weight watchers pancake recipe?

Welcome back Jules, you can do this.

A word of caution about WLS if I may. A friend of mine had a gastric band fitted a few years ago and it worked at first, she lost loads of weight quickly - but then it seemed to play havoc with her metabolism and ended up being a serious health problem. She says she wishes she'd never had it done because now she tries so hard to lose weight but can't lose anything.

I know it seems like you've tried everything else and it's the last resort, but so much of this seems to be having your head in the right place. I know I tried halfheartedly for years to lose weight but it's only now that I'm really making it happen, and I'm happier (and slimmer) than I've been in years, even though I've still go a long way to go to my target. SW works best for me when I simply follow the plan and don't make any tweaks and so on, plus lots and lots of speed. Not every week is good, but for the first time ever I'm sticking with it, and not doing one plan for 3 months, getting fed up and jumping to something else! Hopefully WW is YOUR plan - but if not, try SW again?

Anyway, all the best in whatever you decide to do.

Yes I think i need to hun or i will soon sway!

Yep I can't swim for 20 mins but I am moving in the water-i can't even do a length without stopping

I can try with my little man he's not so keen on pancakes. But can try :)

Xxx

Welcome back Jules, you can do this.

A word of caution about WLS if I may. A friend of mine had a gastric band fitted a few years ago and it worked at first, she lost loads of weight quickly - but then it seemed to play havoc with her metabolism and ended up being a serious health problem. She says she wishes she'd never had it done because now she tries so hard to lose weight but can't lose anything.

I know it seems like you've tried everything else and it's the last resort, but so much of this seems to be having your head in the right place. I know I tried halfheartedly for years to lose weight but it's only now that I'm really making it happen, and I'm happier (and slimmer) than I've been in years, even though I've still go a long way to go to my target. SW works best for me when I simply follow the plan and don't make any tweaks and so on, plus lots and lots of speed. Not every week is good, but for the first time ever I'm sticking with it, and not doing one plan for 3 months, getting fed up and jumping to something else! Hopefully WW is YOUR plan - but if not, try SW again?

Anyway, all the best in whatever you decide to do.

Hi lovely you are doing amazing with sw hunny :) i do LOVE sw it Purley because I can't drive ( due to mh) so gave to rely of family friend my auntie stopped going to sw. So I had no one to take me and I struggle with public transport. So I go to ww woth a friend. I do like it that I can eat out more BUT that's right now-i may well swap again lol.

Yep I've heard success and disaster stories with wls. I talked to my gp in 2016 about it have done a year on tier 3 ( so weigh ins monthly) and wls workshops.

If I had wls i would have sleeve-due to my medication and you still obsorbe vitamins so don't have to take tablets. I am really undecided. But am going to really try THIS last time.

Xxxc

Apple and a apricot

Ww toast x2-3
60g salmon-2
Cucumber
Hila hoops puffs-2

Ww sweets-2

Chicken chargrills -6
Poatato wedges -7
Peas
Pepper

Milk Lolly-2

Orange
Kiwi
Blueberries

400 mls coffee with skinny milk-1

600 mls tea with semi skimmed milk-2

400 mls water

600 mls diet tonic water

Xxxx

Attachments

• 20180827_114447.jpg
    20180827_114447.jpg
    530.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180827_195513.jpg
    20180827_195513.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180827_204322.jpg
    20180827_204322.jpg
    430.4 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
So we went to a maise maze today-i really struggled :( I had to sit down loads :( I hurt my back in march pulling our son a 5 min trip of the sledge in the snow and it plays up every morning-for 2 hours I struggle :( to walk without pain :( I also blacked out on holiday 3 weeks ago and did the same fri eve-dropped a box :( I don't know what is wrong with me? Going to make a Dr's appointment tomorrow but as it's not an emergency it will be a few weeks.

In the end I did 5500 steps today on my fitbit :)

My son wore his new jurrasic world top :) xxx

Do you think a muscle would still be torn from March time? It just first 2 hours normally.

I've had a lazy day today my ME/CFS has flattered me I did manage to go into the city with my carer.

We had drinks in Starbucks all within points-no to cake :)

I've done 3500 steps today-I can't get warm tonight. I've just had a hot bath. My friend is coming round to book a trip to London in nov :)

I bought my son a spiderman infinity charter for the ps4-he's only 6 so only allowed to play when daddy plays on it to. I play on the jurrasic world game-i run around collecting coins :)

I had fish and chips tonight for tea ( aldi fish and lidi wedges) it was so nice. I ger weighed in on Thurs eve. I am really hoping I've lost some.

Tomorroe we are packing for hols-3 nights 30 mind away in a caravan on coast-we can't go far due to my MH. So many hol have been cancelled so we go for 3-5 days. Not more than an hour and a half away.

I booked a sun caravan deal for fever half term-my son birthday is in early Feb. I've done parties but with 30 odd children it's stressful. So going to invite 3 school friend round on weekend of his birthday to play and then go out with grandparents on his birthday to play place. Then invite 4 or 5 friends ( 4 of my friends have children within 6 months of our son) and they help me out with party's so it's not to bad. I've already bought party bags and games for prizes ( when on offer :) ) we are thinking of going to Disney land Paris next year. So I'm thinking of giving him some money rather than buy loads of pressies. He has ROOM full of toys :)

Xxxx

2 scrambled egg
Toast-1
30g smoked salmon ( ran out shopping tomorrow)-1
Rocket

Skinny frappuccino -5

Fish-3
Wedges-5
Cucumber
Peppers
Peas

Sweets-4
Kiwi
Apple
Pineapple

Special k-4

Ice cream 10

200 mls coffee

600 mls tea-skinny milk -3

400 mls diet tonic water

500 mls diet coke

600 mls water

37/37

Xxxx

Attachments

• 20180828_141511.jpg
    20180828_141511.jpg
    406 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180828_160156.jpg
    20180828_160156.jpg
    559.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 20180828_181530.jpg
    20180828_181530.jpg
    743.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20180828_213349.jpg
    IMG_20180828_213349.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 14
  • 20180828_231320.jpg
    20180828_231320.jpg
    494.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Just had ice cream-i used all my points today.

My step were at 4500

Xxxx

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-08-29-00-03-32.png
    Screenshot_2018-08-29-00-03-32.png
    199.7 KB · Views: 12
You can do it. Think in small stages rather than the end goal. We used to eat out alot, but we have just had to make lifestyle adjustments. We still eat out, but select where we eat and what we eat more carefully. The longer it's been since we made the adjustments, the more our previous habits have become alien to us. At my starting point, I was considering WLS, but it really is a last resort, and the good thing for you is, you know there are other issues to tackle which do relate to weight, and that to me is your solution. I look back now, and I'm so relieved I didn't go down that route. Good luck, and most of all don't give up. (even on slow weeks, or weeks where you may gain)

Yep hunny it really is a lot to take to consider wls but I've been trying for the last 10-15 year. I am 37 and so so worries i won't be her for my son if I stay this weight :(

I've only done 3500 steps today. I can't get in my ww app so points are from memory.

Xxx

Banana

Ww bread x2-3
Edam cheese-3
Marmite

Pineapple

Fish-3
Chips-10
Tomatoes
Green beans
Spinach

52 g Ice cream-3

60 g Special k just dry ceral-8

Apple
Cheese string 3

400 mls coffee-3 for milk

300 mls tea-still using milk for coffee

2l diet coke

1l diet tonic water

35/37
Xxxx

Attachments

• 20180829_161621.jpg
    20180829_161621.jpg
    444.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20180829_201019.jpg
    20180829_201019.jpg
    738.7 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I forgot to take photos today-my brains not in sync. But still on track with points.

I don't think i can get to weigh in tomorrow :(

Xxx

I can't get to weigh in. I am only jyst allowed to drive after vol surrender my licence to DVLA and hubby needs the car for work tonight. As we are going on holiday tomorrow. So I weighed in on my scales 21.6 ( they are normally within 2 lbs of ww scales) so a loss.

I've paid a bill this morning, packed some more of mine and sons case done a load of washing and washing up. Now to hoover.

Xxxx

Back