This morning I baked a cake...

roundrachel

Silver Member
...and didn't lick the bowl...or even the spatula!

We take it in turns to make cakes for our monthly team meetings. This month it's my turn. Thought of buying one but love baking so have made one which has enough calories to sustain a small country for a week.

Needless to say, I won't be eating it, I'm such a feeder!! My satisfaction will be in looking at people's when they take their first bite tomorrow :)

Well done - cake mix is very tempting :), possibly more so than the product for me. I'm sure everyone will enjoy the fruits of your efforts tomorrow. Be proud :D.

In abstinence I have baked an enormous amount for cake sales and birthdays etc - and not licked anything, even my fingers :). I'm sure it is harder to resist in maintenance.

What is it with threads with 'Cake' in the title today? :rolleyes:

Heee, lol, well done though, I kinda like that feeling of self-control, I still hold myself back from nibbling when I cook. If I keep nibbling I won't enjoy dinner as I'd not be very hungry! So the reward is 100% attention on my food after I'd prepared it. :eek:

What kind of cake did you bake? If you're even allowed to discuss it here! :eek:

Not sure what's with all the cake talk today. Had to smile when I saw SB's post too.

It's a c*****ate cake and is a beast. I won't say any more or I'll end going to smell it again!

Go and enjoy the smell. ;) It's all we actually need to be honest, usually speaking, things always smell MUCH better than they taste... I know I always get disappointed when I actually eat something, so I stop and put it back if it doesn't stand up to my expectations... and 99% of the time it doesn't!

I get quite a lot of joy standing in the 'bakery' isle smelling all the warm oven smells... but I always know that br**d in itself is very bland and boring unless it's a gourmet loaf that doesn't use 'quick' yeast!

Never thought smelling things could be so satisfying. It may seem a little odd but at least it's calorie free!

Sounds yummy!! Post a pic in our little foodie thread :) I am a massive feeder too, probably why I became a chef in the first place :)

Jez
x

which is the foodie thread? I've put a pic on facebook and never had so many thumbs up for a pic!

Back