This weeks exercise...

Just come back from the class .. My inner thighs ache, my quads ache my butt aches.. My hamstrings are ok lol.. My arms a little bit.. The area where my are abs are meant to be aches a bit.. My face is red.. Was told the class is like running 10k without moving. Is about 650 kcals for 60 min class - and yes will go again next week!!

You could do just one arm? But yeah don't think it would be good for your sore wrist..

Ive been doing kettlebell training for a month now and it is by far the hardest exercise ive ever done. I still xan only do 15 mins without being totally out of breath n sweaty. My posture has improved so much and i have toned up. Boyfriend said my butt looks nicer lol. U have to be extremely careful though because if you do kettlebell swings without perfecting your form first you could damage your back!! But its defo one of the best things ive ever brought. That and my zumba dvds!!

MissPeriPeri said:
Ive been doing kettlebell training for a month now and it is by far the hardest exercise ive ever done. I still xan only do 15 mins without being totally out of breath n sweaty. My posture has improved so much and i have toned up. Boyfriend said my butt looks nicer lol. U have to be extremely careful though because if you do kettlebell swings without perfecting your form first you could damage your back!! But its defo one of the best things ive ever brought. That and my zumba dvds!!

I love Zumba classes! And will be adding in this one too, the class I went to tonight goes through all the postures and ways to stand and hold the bell as part of the warm up which I thought was great! Also the instructor comes round and corrects you if your not standing correctly. Was really hard work and heart rate was up, but didn't get light headed as a few did..

Zumba was fab!!! The teacher wasn't actually that much smaller than me I don't think. She's fit though. Really enjoyed it though & will definite be back next week

Wonderful - I know the class has improved my bp and recovery rate etc and my colestrol levels have dropped ..

Mis-behave said:
Wonderful - I know the class has improved my bp and recovery rate etc and my colestrol levels have dropped ..

That's really good! It wasn't too high impact although she did say she'd gone easy on us as there were 5 newbies

The one I go to is low impact, she brings your heart rate up into fat burning stage and generally keeps it there.. Then warms us down and stretches it out.

Bit late of this thread, but I've been doing an hours worth of songs on Just Dance on the Xbox - then the NHS websites 10 mins workouts.

I'm going to start the Coach to 5K next week too, just need to find somewhere nice to run!

monkeypants said:
Bit late of this thread, but I've been doing an hours worth of songs on Just Dance on the Xbox - then the NHS websites 10 mins workouts.

I'm going to start the Coach to 5K next week too, just need to find somewhere nice to run!

Oh God I feel lapse now cos I only do about 20-30 minutes of just dance! Just done todays quota. Got my highest score on Dynamite so I'm happy, can't beat my Katy Perry one though!!!!

Don't worry Lexie...I'm dead at the end of it!

But it's literally because im rubbish at controlling the Kinect and it always goes onto next song and once the song starts I'm like might as well do this one too.

Also I do a few slow ones in between...like beautiful liar!

Woo hoo go lexi... I am looking forward to getting home tomorrow and doing it.. Think my ankle has been pleased of a couple of days break :)

I looked up the reasons for why I might be so hungry after added the kettlebell workout, as I'm not hungry after Zumba. The theory is that if it is a normal exercise habit, you shouldn't be more hungry as you are used to doing it. Add more exercise that makes you burn more Kcal in a hard work out, you will feel more hungry.. To try and combat that feeling eat a small meal(carb/protein/veg) 30-60 after eating and/or have a protein shake.. Anyone done this??? And has it worked???

OMG that is really bad!! Hope your feeling ok now!!

Have a banana handy. Good carbs that turn to sugar fairly quickly

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh Karen hope you are ok!

I was told at the running shop & by my friend who does Triathlons to always have a banana before I go running

I'm fine now thanks. Just felt a bit daft and like the fat one that couldn't keep up! I know that's not the case, it was because I didn't eat, still..

alongwaytogo said:
I'm fine now thanks. Just felt a bit daft and like the fat one that couldn't keep up! I know that's not the case, it was because I didn't eat, still..

I understand your embarrassment, I once did that at a class at my old gym & the skinny Lycra clad cows laughed at me, I never went back!!!!

Back