Those who have lost large amounts and exercised throughout....

Sparkswillfly

Hey!

I have a lot(!) of weight to lose and with 3 weeks in plan I want to start building some sort of activity in to help.

I'm really worried about surplus skin at the end, and bits not looking right - I had previously lost 7 stone on a VLCD, and didn't really have any issues - but that was one pregnancy and 2 yrs ago!

Do you think it has/will help? I'm not fussed if it has an impact on the scales, I know I will be getting fitter, but I would still like 2lbs a week as a steady loss.

Anyone have any experience?

Well ive lost loads (over 14st total) and ive exercised throughout. I have loose skin on my stomach and tops of my legs although my arms look good. I train weights and do loads of AB training and cardio. I would think if you have loads to lose you will get it no matter what on some part of your body. Ive been lucky with my arms but the stomach and legs not so.

At the end of the day though ive got my health back which is the most important thing and its possible to have ops on the other bits (fingers crossed haha)

I've lost nrly 7st and have loose skin on my belly,I've had 4 kids tho so it was never gonna be perfect.
At the end of the day I look and feel good in my clothes and only hubby sees me naked which is a million times better than feeling self conscious and frumpy in my clothes and no1 seeing me naked!

The only part im really worried about is my arms, boobs, belly and thighs can be covered by wonderbras and spanx!

Signing up to the gym next week, well done to you both, i hope that i can be just as successful!

If you do weight training on your arms this will help. You dont have to lift heavy weights or anything, just stick with the basics, this is what i would suggest to do.
Triceps
Cable Pressdown - 3 sets of between 8-12 reps
Bench Dips - 3 sets of between 8-20 reps (start with 8 then build up towards 20 reps)
Dumbbell Kickback - 3 sets of between 8-12 reps
Biceps
Dumbbell Curl - 3 sets of between 8-12 reps
Dumbbell Hammer Curl - 3 sets of between 8-12 reps
Concentration Curl - 3 sets of between 8-12 reps
If you google the exercises there will be plenty of pics or videos to see how they should be done.
Always concentrate on the negative of the movement as much as the possitive and take around twice as long to do the negative movement as the possitive movement. A lot of people do not do this and it is very important that you do.
Always make sure your form is good if you are struggling you are using to much weight.
And take about 60 seconds rest in between each set.

You will only need to do these exercises once a week and dont do them on the same day. Do triceps one day and biceps on another with around 48 hours gap inbetween them.

Follow this for 12 weeks then you can add different movements into the routine, to mix it up abit.

Thank you - I get 5 1-2-1 sessions free to tailor the workout to suit me. I'll tell him about the arms and hopefully he'll put something together!

Hey!

I have a lot(!) of weight to lose and with 3 weeks in plan I want to start building some sort of activity in to help.

I'm really worried about surplus skin at the end, and bits not looking right - I had previously lost 7 stone on a VLCD, and didn't really have any issues - but that was one pregnancy and 2 yrs ago!

Do you think it has/will help? I'm not fussed if it has an impact on the scales, I know I will be getting fitter, but I would still like 2lbs a week as a steady loss.

Anyone have any experience?

I found it has certainly helped in my arms, doing kettlebells has made the muscle in my arms expand enough to stop the bingo wings left from the fat. My legs are also filled out, unfortunately, i do seem to have the equivalent of bingo wings on the legs when i lift them up. I have lost very quickly.

My skin at one point started to feel very lose, like one of those wrinkly puppies, but even though i carried on losing it has actually tightened up a bit. I have a bit of a pouch on my tummy, but it isnt hanging over or anything. I am slightly worried as i start going from a bit chunky to genuinely normal the lose skin around my front wont tighten up. My moobs feel a bit lose if i am on all fours, but I know that as a man, i can expand the girth of my chest by exercise when needed to account for that.

My abdomen is my only real concern, the stretch mark damage probably means self repair is limited.

Seven and a half stone down.

excercise will defo speed up weight loss it always has for me:)

Well I joined last week :)

Really enjoying is so far, managed to go four times this week - haven't had a weigh in yet as I was working most of last week. I'm secretly hoping for a good loss on Thursday!

Back