Thread for blokes starting LL in Jan/Feb 2008

Mikey what a star sticking to it like that - that shows some bloody good determination - well done :clap:

Thanks for the kind comments ladies.

It would be good to get some more blokes on this thread to share experiences - any ideas how to do that ?

Have you tried telling other blokes at your LL group - its a start.

I think men are more shy than women - silly billies.:rolleyes:

I was going to do that at WI last week, but we ran on a bit !

Will do it this week if I can.

Cheers

Week 6 weigh in :

Lost 5.94 lbs

Total lost 44.00 Lbs BMI down from 42.9 to 37.13

At least the weightloss has picked up a bit this last week, but still the 2 worst weeks so far. I guess I will have to get used to losing an average of 4-5 lbs per week now which is a bit of a pain, but if I can maintain that, it equates to 1.5 stone per month so I could get close to my target by end of June in time for summer!

I think I will try and up the water intake and see if that helps. I tend to do 5.5 litres per day so maybe will try to up that to 6.5 if I can.

I mentioned minimins to the LL group I attend in Benfleet so hopefully some of them will join in (and contribute to this thread)

Has anybody else told their group about minimins?

Has any one else noticed their teeth feel different when you rub on tongue on 'em or is it just me?

Mine feel cleaner - although I am drinking more coffee than I ever did before, I've had no red wine since last year ...

Do yours feel smoother too?

Soup or Shake they feel furry after my 4 times a day banquet. just wondering, can we have sugar free gum?????

not supposed to have gum... I think its cos of the citric acid but don't quote me on that! All I knoww is that our LLC caught one of the ladies in my group chewing and told her to spit it out!!!:eek:

That is right - no gum.

I don't really get this citrus thing as when I did Atkins, lemon juice never stopped me being in ketosis.
I guess it is one of those things that affects a high proportion of people so they say no - just in case.

Well it is my WI tonight.

My new scales show I have lost 6 lbs this week (or thereabouts) so it will be interesting to see how the LL scales match.

Out of interest - does anybody know whether LL have their scales regularly calibrated? I ask because they always seem to read high! This could be because I am still fat:), but they seem to be a few llbs higher than both my scales at home (new digital and guaranteed to be very accurate) and the scales at my doctors (old analogue style but obviously a very expensive set of scales).

Any ideas?

Hi Mikey

Good luck tonight! Sure you will get great results!

As for scales - calibrated or not, I have never seen two that read exaclty the same. A scale on carpet will read different then a scale on hard floors, etc., so lots of variables. That is one reason I try not to weigh at home - as I know it won;t match the LLCs.

I would assume they would have them calibrated regularly though...lets face it....they get some pretty heavy (no pun intended) use!

Thanks for the ideas on the scales.
Strangely it looks as they are converging and the LL scales seem very similar to mine now - weird!

I had my weigh in last night and was very pleased with the results.

Week 7 weigh in :
Lost 8.8 lbs
Total lost 52.8 Lbs BMI down from 42.9 to 35.96

Add that to the 3lbs I lost the week before I started (Atkins) and it is now 4 stone gone this year!

Back