Thread for blokes starting LL in Jan/Feb 2008

Sorry I haven't posted much this last week, been viewing houses and having people round mine, you know all that game. I had my worst week ever last week possibly because I was so intent on moving I forgot to drink much on one day. Anyway still going out in smaller clothes makes up for it!! and I went down which is the right direction.

Oh well put last week behind and move forward. Selling/buying houses is pretty stressful anyway and at least you lost.

Good luck with your purchase;)

I went to get some new clothes yesterday as my wife was fed up seeing me in clothes that are too big!

I went to Matalan (wanted to get cheap clobber as I don't intend on wearing it for long - just a few weeks until I go down to slaller clothes I hope) and managed to get in 36" jeans for the first time in 12 years. (I was in 40" until now). Not only that, I was fed up wearing my leather jacket to go out as it was too big - It was a tight fit 2 months ago! so i decided to buy a lightweight coat - I tried the XL and it was too big - I couldn't believe it. I had to buy a simple bog standard L - superb!

Now I don't know if their clothes always come up extra large, but it gave me a real boost.

To go from 40" jeans to 36" and from XXXL to L in 2 months - what a diet this is!

Great stuff Mkey!

I have been trying to hold out shopping until I go to California in May - but I am now in the smallest trousers I won, so either going to have to shop, or buy a sewing machine!!! :D

Tis an amazing diet....never would have believed it could go so blumin fast!!

Thanks BL - I reckon you will have to splash out before May though! (I hope so anyway).

Thanks BL - I reckon you will have to splash out before May though! (I hope so anyway).

I know I am going to have to! I just tried on my Camo trousers that I wear when I ride my motorbike - they literally fell right off me.

They fit 2 weeks ago!

I only wonre thome once or twice!! And theyw ren't cheap, and with all the combat this's and that's - there is no way I can evern take them in!!

Booger! Not that I am complaining mind! :D

Weigh-in after 10 weeks :

Lost 5.5 lbs

Total lost 68.64 Lbs BMI down from 42.9 to 33.86

I am really pleased as this puts me past the halfway mark!

Next goals:

I hope that in 1 month my BMI will be below 30 which will mean that I would be too slim to actually be able to start this diet!

Get into 34" jeans - this might take a couple of months as I have only just got into 36", but then again it might not!

My Week 6 weigh in results...

7lb loss

Now stand at 12st 12lb on her scales (about 5 lb lighter on mine in the morning)

BMI now 24.14 (started at 29.2)

4" loss off Waist (now 34")
1.5" off Collar
6" off Chest

On my last week of abstinence now, and starting to get a little scared about about the ever looming approach of food.

Fantastic Petey!! You men are virtually vanishing before our virtual eyes!!!

Good luck on RTM - I am sure you will do fine. You have worked hard and you will do right by yourself. You don;t want to undo all you have acheieved - so just have faith in yourself, and embrace to forthcoming textures!!!! :D

Thanks BL! The idea of eating chicken (my favourite) for the first time in nearly 2 months is making me drool at the thought! Although I cant help wondering if my jaw will get tired seeing as I havent really chewed anything in ages!!!

Speaking of chewing, has anyone been watching that programme about old fashioned diets? I cant remember what it was called, but one of them was where each person had to chew every mouthful 32 times, allow the "sludge" to fall down their throat, then spit out anything that was left behind into a bowl.

BIZARRE!

... but was apparently popular many moons ago!

My Week 6 weigh in results...

7lb loss

Now stand at 12st 12lb on her scales (about 5 lb lighter on mine in the morning)

BMI now 24.14 (started at 29.2)

4" loss off Waist (now 34")
1.5" off Collar
6" off Chest

On my last week of abstinence now, and starting to get a little scared about about the ever looming approach of food.

Great stuff - well done mate.
Jusrt follow the plan and I am sure you will be fine. Please continue to post your comments as you move into 'normal' eating as it will be of great help to us all I think.

Well done Mike! You are going great guns!!! you just keep getting closer and closer to that green line on your chart!! you'll be in those 34's before you know it mate! Well done, you should feel proud!

x
Cheers for the nice comments BL.
Watch this space for the clothe size updates!

You will be totally fine Petey.
Not sure if you have thought through your first 2 meals.
You aren't allowed anything with your protein and chicken can be very dry on its own. I opted for mackerel and salmon for the first 2 as they tend to be moister on their own.

I have a nice recipe for chicken salad, even DD and DH liked this one.
Lay the chicken on a baking tray and sprinkle liberally with seasoning (we have tried, chicken seasoning, tandoori curry powder, barbecue seasoning, thai seasoning, chinese 5 spice, plus more I can't remember, you will find them all in the herb and spice isle.
Bake the chicken for around 25-30 mins until the chicken is cooked through and the top is crispy.
Chop it up into bight size pieces and sprinkle on top of your salad.
Very tasty.

Congratulations on your speedy loss

I check in on the boards regularly throughout every day so any Qs about RTM I will try and help.

Here are the results from my weigh-in on Thursday.

Weigh-in after 10 weeks :

Lost 4.62 lbs
Total lost 73.26 Lbs
BMI down from 42.9 to 33.24

How are the rest of you lads getting on?

Cheers
Mike

:wow: :wow: Mike that really is amazing - you are doing so so well, you really must feel like a whole new you :)

Well done on your losses fella. Keep going!!

Im still doing ok. Week 1 of RTM now. Think im still losing a bit.

I show 11st 11 on my scales, but no doubt my LLC's will show me heavier. I was 12st 5lb at final weigh in with her, so between then and now I've definitely lost some, but I dont think its as quick.

Im really enjoying the protein meal in the evening with the shakes during the day, I find its just right for me.

Keep up the excellent work and it will continue to drop off you!!

Cheers Katie and Petey, Got some great comments today from family members that haven't seen me for a while.
I am glad RTM is going OK Petey and I'm really looking forward to some real meat protein in a couple of months too!

Back