Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 38

DS2 has an athletics competition today in Hull so we are out of the house from 10am until after 6pm. I find them long and boring days (apart from when he is competing, of course) which leads to boredom eating. So I won't be having set meals today and I'm just taking plenty of stuff with me

Banana
2 x baby bels
1 x hi-fi bar
Charcoal chicken (cut up into chunks) with yoghurt, mint & cucumber dip (0.5 syns)
2 x mini SW bacon, onion & mushroom quiches (made up in a muffin cup) (0.5 syns)
Small sushi (2 syns)

Now, the thing is that on this plan I tend not to get hungry. So if I end up having a not too boring day (I'm also taking my Kindle) I may actually bring some food back with me (famous last words)

Updated: The berry medley came back home with me but it didn't go uneaten

Dinner: 3 egg ham omelette, salad, kraft (2 syns)

Dessert: Berry Medley, muller

Last edited:
Well done for not giving up after a slight gain!! :) xx

Day 39

Breakfast: Banana, apple, pear, satsuma

Lunch: SW mini bacon, onion & mushroom quiche with half a tin of baked beans.

Dinner: 4 egg omelette with 40g low fat cheese and ham, with mushrooms as my super free, and a leftover mini quiche.

Snacks: muller, hot chocolate (2.5 syns), boiled sweet (1.5 syn), hi-fi bar, Rocky bar (5.5 syns), Space Raiders (3.5 syns)

I'm getting really bored of it now. I weigh myself in a morning and just cannot get below 15st and it's depressing me. What if the diet has stopped working for me now?

Last edited:
Day 40

Breakfast: Banana, mugshot pasta

Lunch: 2 x sushi (4 syns), large punnet of fruit

Dinner: Nothing, was out.

Snacks: 2 x alpen lights, 2 x baby bels, 500ml pepsi (cinema - 11 syns) and a small bag of cinema popcorn (sweet - 20 syns?) - no idea of how many syns and a small fudge (2 syns)

Someone cheered me up today by telling me they thought I looked like I had lost some weight.

Gave myself a talking to when I was still 15st 1.something pounds on the scale this morning. I only ever could have wished to get my eating under control and weight loss would be secondary, so I don't want to fall off the SW wagon and go back to constant over-eating again, so I'm going to continue trying to stick to the plan. *except for today (ahem). Let's write today off.

Day 41

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: Asda meat free Mexican chilli poured over a jacket sweet potato with 20g low fat cheese over the top.

Dinner: Mackerel strips (1 syn), salad, kraft (2 syns)

Snacks: Hi-Fi bar, muller x 2, apple, pear, hot chocolate (2.5 syns), Rocky bar (5.5 syns), tunnocks teacake (3 syns)

Scales were 15st dead this morning

Last edited:
Day 42

Breakfast: Mugshot noodle, banana

Lunch: Jacket sweet potato with Mexican chilli

Dinner: Rice and charcoal chicken (no idea how many syns, say 10, the rice was made by a Pakistani friend so probably won't be anywhere near free)

Snacks: apple, orange, hifi bar, breakaway (5.5), Rocky (5.5), Teacake (2), then I went onto have several chocolates (Roses), I didn't count how many, but at least 12 (36 syns)

Weigh in tonight. My own scales say I have put 1.2lbs on since yesterday morning. Will see what scales say tonight for official weigh in but I'm not holding out any hope for even losing last weeks pound gain never mind anything else.

0.5lbs on tonight - so depressed, hence going overboard on Syns this evening. Thoughts right now are that the past two weeks have been a waste of time and what's the point in carrying on?

Last edited:
Day 43

Breakfast: Mugshot noodles, banana

Lunch; 3 egg omelette with 40g low fat cheese, wafer thin ham and a few prawns with some tomatoes and mushrooms thrown in as super free.

Dinner: cowboy pie

Snacks: hi-fi bar, melon, mango, pineapple

My consultant wants me to do an SAS log. I didn't really want to do one as I fill in a food diary religiously and I think SAS logs are for people who are slipping but she said it would really help her if I would do one. So I'm also going to go back to basics this week and look at Syns online for everything even if I know it is free.

Also yesterday I was incredibly bloated and windy (sorry) when I got home which could have been down to the chilli, but I genuinely don't know if this makes you heavier (I wouldn't have thought so). But I will stick to salads next Wednesday and Thursday. Too much fruit also has the same effect on me.

Last edited:
Day 44

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Leftover cowboy pie

Dinner: Prawn omelette with 30g cheddar and mushrooms

Snacks: Hi-Fi, grapes, Rocky (5.5 syns), choc teacake (2.5 syns), Mackerel flakes (1.5)

Last edited:
Day 45

Lunch: Cowboy pie (it's all finished now)

Dinner: Pork, smash, cabbage, carrots, yorkshire (2 syns), gravy (2 syns)

Snacks: Hi-Fi bar, mackerel flakes (1.5 syns), seafood sticks, banana (will update rest as I go along)

WOO. The scales weighed me in at under 15st for the first time since I started this plan. Hope the rest of the week goes well. I am finishing my job on Thursday so it's traditional to take in goodies. I hope I have the willpower to steer clear of them. I had hoped to be under 15st at my official weigh in when I started my new job but as I'd have to lose 6lbs by Thursday I don't think this will happen.

I had a think about my bad week and I think I had been going over my syns allowance by more as I'd stopped checking what some syns were worth and guesstimated. So, if I don't know how many syns it is - then I won't eat it. I'd estimated a pack of flavoured Mackerel to be free, but when I actually checked it, it was a whopping 7 syns!

Last edited:
Day 46

Breakfast: mugshot pasta

Lunch: pasta n sauce (brocolli) synning 100ml whole milk (2.5 syns) and tuna

Tea: same as lunch with 2 x chicken breasts (v small) and 30g cheese

Snacks: banana, apple, satsuma, 4 x seafood sticks, hi fi bar, breakaway (5 syns)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 47

Breakfast: mugshot, banana

Lunch: 2 x sushi (4 syns), hi fi

Dinner: ham and cheese omelette with mushroom and tomato

Snacks: teacake (2.5), ginger slice (6.5)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey :) subscribing
Well done on getting under the 15 mark!! Just want to say keep going! My body tends to stall a lot, and I don't even know why its v. Annoying but after Its stubborn tantrum its starts to move again lol xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Day 48

* waves at Stef * thank you for stopping by.

So frustrating - every day since the weekend I have been under 15st. This morning 15st 1.4lbs - how ? why ? MEERRGGGHHHH. I'm not going back to SW again if I still haven't lost tomorrow. I am not wasting five quid a week to stay the same weight. Oh well, we will see what the scales say tomorrow

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta

Lunch: Large punnet of fruit, hi-fi bar, 32g packet of walkers (8.5 syns)

Dinner: Mackerel (4 syns), salad, kraft (2 syns), 30g cheddar

Hmm my body went through this stage, its super annoying, in the end I switched diets to give my metabolism a little shake up !

Are u weighing everyday? Don't stress .. :) it makes the scales move the wrong way ;-)

Have a lovely day xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3

Day 49

Breakfast: Mugshot noodle

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs, large pack of sushi (4 syns)

Dinner: Nothing however it was my last day at work yesterday as I start a new job on Monday so the day went tits up after lunch as I demolished so many mini chocolate rolls, toffee rolls, cornflake cakes and brownies, not to mention the entire box of chocolates that was part of my leaving present.

I went and got weighed however

3.5 lbs off.
14.5lbs altogether in 7 weeks (woo)

So that is my stone award which I am pleased about. I didn't get to my target of getting under fifteen stone before I start my new job but I'm only 1.5lbs over so if I hadn't messed things up for the last two weeks I might have been. Plan is to be particularly good for the next week given that I went way over syns yesterday and had such a good weight loss last week.

Day 50

Lunch: Salad, smoked salmon flakes, kraft (1 syn)

Dinner: Turkey meatballs in a tomato sauce (home made from a recipe) -say 0.5 as turkey mince is 1 syn for whole pack.

Snacks: 3 x mini brownie bites (7.5)

Healthy extras: 30g cheddar, 2 x alpen lights (hope the lemon ones are free)

Meatball meal consisted of...
Turkey mince (1kg), 1 x egg, salt, pepper, mixed herbs
Red onion, courgette, red and orange peppers, passata, chopped tomatoes, beef stock
Pasta

Last edited:
Woohoo well done you that's Brill!! xx

Thank you, it was a huge surprise

Just shows why we need to stick at it :) I am murder for jumping ship as soon as its not goin my way, my biggest challenge is actually seing this diet through for more than 2 weeks!
Keep it up :) xx

Day 51

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Leftover meatballs and pasta from last night (0.5 syns)

Dinner: Shepherds Pie made with minced lamb and instant mash* (7 syns).

Syns & Healthy Extra: Kettle chips, 40g bag (10 syns), 2 x alpen lights, 2 x baby bels

GRRR I hate the SW app. Wanted to make a minty lamb casserole but the lamb was too much money for too little lamb in Morrisons so I thought I would try the lamb mince. Looked to see how many syns it was, and it looked like 4.5 for the 500g pack which I thought was good. Came home, started making it and discovered on the syns online website that 4.5 was actually per 100g. The instant mash that I thought was free says "1 syn per 100g made up" but obviously I have no bloody clue what that means per pack? Anyway the meal makes 5 portions so I have guesstimated at 7 for what I am going to have. This was what it had in it:
500g minced lamb = 22.5 syns
2 x sachets of Morrisons cheese & onion instant mash = ? 6 syns
1 x sachet of Schwartz lamb casserole mix 6 syns
1 x tsp of mint sauce = 0.5 syns
1 x cube of beef stock = free
Superfree: mushroom, onion, sprouts and carrots (loads of superfree)

Back