Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 52

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Leftover meatballs and pasta (all gone now)

Dinner: Lamb, vegetables, new potatoes, Yorkshire pud (2 syns), Gravy (2 syns) added 1 tsp of olive spread (1.5 syns) and herbs to the spuds.

Syns & Healthy Extras; Milk & 2 alpen lights, mint club (5.5)

Last edited:
Looks like a good day well done :) xx

Day 53

Started new job today. It was a bit boring as I didn't actually do any work but it will get more interesting.

Breakfast: Mugshot Pasta

Lunch; Leftover lamb dinner (4.5 syns), space raiders (3 syns), mint club (5.5)

Dinner: 3 x scrambled eggs (50 ml s/s milk 1.5 syns), salmon, salad, worcester sauce, 2 x baby bels and 2 x alpen lights for afters

Day 54

Lunch: Ham sandwich (wafer thin ham, warburton's Thin, 1 tsp mayonnaise, merest sliver of olive spread) - approximately 8 syns (I really wanted a sandwich but it wasn't worth the syns and I was starving hungry almost straightaway).

Dinner: 2 x packets of low fat supernoodles

Snacks; 2 x babybel, 2 x alpen lights, satsuma, grapes

Day 55

Can't lay my hands on my food diary at the moment so will update if I find it.

Day 56

Breakfast: Banana, satsuma

Lunch: Ham, Cheese & Mushroom omelette, muller light

Dinner: Smoked salmon, packet of Tilda rice (2.5 syns), salad, Worcester Sauce

Syns & healthy extras: 2 x alpen lights, grapes

Had a half pound loss this week. Expected more however it was a covering consultant and thus a pair of different scales. So many people had unexpected gains, or larger than expected gains so I do think it would have been more, and hopefully will put me in the next stone down bracket next Thursday.

0.5lbs off this week
15.5lbs off in total

Day 57

Oh dear, oh dear

Breakfast: Banana, satsuma, grapes

Lunch: Pasta n Sauce (free, using milk as a healthy extra), alpen light (3 syns), had to syn it because I didn't have the other for a healthy extra, pack of cassava crackers (4 syns)

Dinner: Special Fried Rice - I can't remember how many syns now - might have been 18.

Unfortunately between 6-9 I went to a presentation evening for a playscheme that DS2 attends. They'd put a buffet on, I was starving, so you can guess what happened? I stuffed my admittedly thinner face with all I could, then went home and had the (planned) chinese. Say 30 syns for the buffet stuff?

Day 58

But the good thing about this diet is the next day is always so easy to get back on

Lunch: Ham & boiled egg salad with kraft dressing (2 syn)

Dinner: Home made meatballs with pasta (all free) with 30g cheddar over the top

Syns & Healthy Extras: Fruit salad (grapes, strawberries, satsuma, melon, mango, pineapple) with 50g mint choc chip ice-cream (5.5 syns) and 8g (yes, I weighed) of chocolate syrup (1.5 syns), 2 x alpen lights

Last edited:
Day 59

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: leftover pasta and meatballs

Dinner: very lean mince, carrots, swede all mixed together with herby new potatoes (1 syn) and gravy (2 syns)

Healthy extra and syns: (will update later)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 60...

Breakfast: Banana, satsuma

Lunch: Leftover meatballs and pasta

Dinner: Mince, veg and herby potatoes (as yesterday) with gravy (2 syns)

Syns & healthy extras: 2 x alpen lights, cassava crunch crisps (4 syns), mint club (5.5 syns)

Day 61

Breakfast; Banana

Lunch; Cous Cous (1 syn)

Dinner; Pancake with chocolate syrup (no idea how many syns)

Snacks; 2 x alpen light bars, 2 boiled eggs, ham

Naughties: 2 x packets of seabrooks (small bag), 1x Barney Bear cake thing, 1 x mint club

Last edited:
Hey hun how are u doing xx

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Day 62

Uh-Oh, have well and truly lost my SW Mojo. I really cannot be arsed and just feel like eating tonnes of crisps and chocolates and it is weigh in day tomorrow.

Breakfast: Banana, 2 x satsuma

Lunch: Mugshot, 2 x alpen bars, cassava snacks (4 syns)

Dinner: Chicken breast and bacon with 30g cheese, oven chips 150g portion (6 syns)

Snacks: half a flapjack that DS2 left hanging around (3 syns).

Now I've calculated the syns, it's not really too bad - will just try and stay on the wagon tonight.

Last edited:
Day 63

Breakfast: Banana, 2 x satsuma

Mid-Morning: Mugshot

Late afternoon: chicken and seafood sticks salad with Kraft dressing (2 syns)

Snacks: Cassava Crunch (4 syns), 2 x babybel, 2 x alpen lights

Dinner: Mackerel and seafood sticks salad with Kraft dressing (2 syns)

I'm feeling more motivated today than I was yesterday and indeed the whole of the week!

2lbs loss
17.5lbs in total in 9 weeks

Day 64

Really motivated and am going to go all out and try to shift that 3.5lbs in order to get to 1.5 stone off by next weigh in. I actually don't think I am eating enough 'proper food' now that I have got my constant snacking on crap under control, and quite often I don't always have my A choice healthy extra, so I'm going to do an SAS log for the next week.

Breakfast: Mugshot, 2 x banana, 1 x satsuma

Lunch: Mackerel and seafood sticks salad with kraft dressing (2 syns)

Dinner: 2 x fish in butter sauce (3 syns), herby potatoes, garden peas

Snacks: 2 x babybels, 17g pack of seabrooks crisps (5 syns), 2 x alpen lights, mullerlight, sachet of hot chocolate (2 syns)

I am on a course next week which on public transport / waiting for buses etc will mean a 4 hour daily commute and no canteen facilities so I've been meal planning for stuff I can eat cold, and then things we can have quickly for evening meals. I hope I can stay motivated.

Last edited:
Day 65

Breakfast: Ham and cheese omelette (3 eggs, 10g cheese) with a banana and a satsuma as super free

Lunch: Tinned Mackerel in brine and some ham salad with Kraft (2 syns)

Dinner: Speed soup (tin tomatoes, tin mixed beans, tin baked beans, tin green lentils, 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1 parsnip, 1 leek, 1 onion)

Snacks: berry medley, mango, strawberries and raspberries with muller poured over and a bit of chocolate syrup (2 syns), 2 x alpen lights, Freddo (5 syns), Cassava Crunch (4 syns)

*Yikes, I was going to have chilli for tea but I made speed soup and OMG it overflowed on my biggest pan, so I thought I would best have some for tonight's tea *.

EDIT - it made four good sized portions!

I did make the chilli however I am going to freeze it and have it as ready meals for tea next week when I get in from my boring day and long travel. I'll probably be ravenous when I get home.

Last edited:
Day 66

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Speedy soup, satsuma

Dinner: Pork, herby potatoes, brocolli, carrots, Yorkshire pud (2 syns), Pepper sauce (2.5 syns)

Snacks: 2 x alpen lights, 2 x babybel, Freddo (5 syns), grapes/strawberries/raspberries with a muller poured over the top

Day 67 (Monday, but have prepared in advance)

Breakfast: 3 x weetabix muffins (to eat on bus, I have no idea where I got the willpower from to stop myself eating them immediately)

Lunch: cous-cous (1.5 syns), salad, Kraft (1 syn), Banana. Alpen light (3 syns)

Dinner: SW bacon, onion & mushroom quiche with baked beans

Snacks: Freddo (5 syns)

Last edited:
Back