Throwing myself into SW - food diary

I've totally lost track of my days.... but I'm back on it now having gained 3lbs in two weeks, and 5.5lbs in total since my lowest weigh in on 5th June.

Breakfast: Overnight Oats

Mid-Morning: Mugshot

Lunch: 2 x scrambled eggs, tin of sardines in tomato sauce.

Dinner: Haven't decided yet

Weigh in Post : 2st 1lbs off in total now

Thursday 10th July - + 0.5lbs

Thursday 17th July - + 2.5lbs

BLAH over ate Friday and Saturday again! I'm fed up of myself, truly I am.

Friday was a late night biscuit binge which ruined my good day.

Saturday was boredom eating my way through a day at athletics * sigh * followed by a Burger at a service station on the way home, and pizza when we got in.

BUT I'm going to try and set myself a mini-target of 28 days to get back to weighing in at 13st 7's on my own scales at home (was 13st 13.8 this morning), so a month to lose 6lbs. I just need a few good days under my belt to get back into it. I'm toying with the idea of just having a rolling 7-day menu too, so I know what I'm having on any given day....

Day 1: 13st 8.8lbs

Breakfast - 125mls semi-skimmed milk, muller cappucino and a banana

Lunch: 2 x chicken drumsticks, salad, kraft dressing (2 syns), ham sandwich (w/m bread = HE B).

Dinner: Roast chicken, cabbage, brocolli, mashed potato (2.5 syns), gravy (1 syn), Yorkshire Pud (2 syns)

Evening: 125ml semi-skimmed milk, muller.

Snack: Penguin (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 2/28 (13st 12.8lbs - woooooh)

Breakfast: Overnight oats (35g oats, orange muller, satsuma)

Lunch: Mugshot, Banana

Dinner: Birdseye Inspirations (4.5 syns) - I picked up the wrong one, salad, Kraft (1 syn)

Healthy Extras: 250ml semi skimmed milk

Syns: 7 x fruit polos (3 syns), 4 TUC crackers (6 syns)

Day 3/28 - weight 13st 11.8lbs (yesssssss)

Breakfast: Overnight oats (banana, muller banana and custard yoghurt)

Lunch: Mugshot

Dinner: Jacket potato, prawns, salad, 30g cheese, Kraft (2 syns)

Snacks: 4 x TUC biscuit (6 syns), 2 x pink wafers (4 syns)

Day 4/28 - 13st 11.2lbs (entirely my own fault as I had a biscuit & dorito binge late on last night)and this is quite good because at least it means that tomorrow I should be back under 14st on my official weigh-in.

Breakfast: strawberries, muller

Lunch: Jacket potato, half tin of baked beans

Dinner: Trout, new potatoes, salad, Kraft (1 syn)

I've lost count of the days!!! I think today is day 6.

Anyway - I don't know how I managed it but I lost 2.5lbs yesterday, which is my gain from last week. I'm half a pound down for the month now with one week left. I think my scales might be on their way out because they used to match my consultant's scales, and now they seem to be a pound heavier!

Total loss 2st 3.5lbs.

Day 6 (13st 12.8lbs) - BAH

Breakfast: Overnight oats (blueberry yoghurt and strawberries)

Dinner: smoked salmon, scrambled egg, salad, Kraft (1 syn), 30g cheese

Snacks: Magnum ice-cream lolly (13.5 syns)

Day 7 /28

13st 11.4lbs

Breakfast: Overnight oats (strawberry muller, apples / strawberries / berries)

Dinner: Salad, sweet chilli beef strips, ham, 3 x scrambled eggs, bit of milk (1 syn), bit of kraft (1 syn)

Snacks: Magnum (13.5 syns), cappacino muller, fruit

Last edited:
I've just read your diary from beginning. And you've done really well :)

I did SW last February until November and I went from 15st 6 to 13st 10 by July...then completely lost track I stopped going to group too. Restarted three weeks ago.

Anyways I'm subscribing :D

Back for another go AGAIN.

Gained an incredible and disgusting 5lbs last week - IN. ONE. WEEK. So I'm now 8lbs away from my lightest which will take me a month to shift it....so fed up.

14st 3.8lbs today.

Breakfast: mugshot Pasta, banana

snack: 3 x chewy sweets (3 syns), lemon cheesecake yoghurt (0.5 syn)

Lunch: Asda sweet & sour savoury rice (1 syn), Asda spicy beef, 1 tbps sweet chilli dipping sauce (1.5 syns)

Dinner: Jacket potato, salad, prawns, Kraft (1 syn), pasta, 1 squirt of primula cheese, boiled egg (2.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 2 - 14st 2.0lbs (1.8lbs down on yesterday)

Breakfast: Half of a jacket potato, half a tin of beans, some pasta (left over from last night's tea - sounds like a random breakfast item, but it was more brunch at 11am)

Lunch: Mugshot, Banana

Dinner: Beef, Mash, new potatoes, veg, Gravy (2 syns),

Snacks: 2 x Alpen Light, lemon cheesecake yoghurt (0.5 syn), 1 x pack Fox' party rings (5.5 syns), 1 x mini magnum type ice cream lolly (6 syns).

Last edited:
Day 3 - 13st 13.8lbs (2.2lbs down on yesterday, 4lbs down on day 1!!!!!!) - hope it's not a fluke on my scales cos I'm extremely pleased to be back under the 14st mark.

Athletics today, so will be out of the house between midday and 5pm. I'm taking some healthy food with me, but I know if I get bored I will be raiding the family picnic basket. It's a meeting that doesn't run to a timetable and both kids are taking part on the same day so it's not actually as boring as the ones we have been going to. I say "kids" as my eldest is nearly 18, and he's got a lot of potential and his personal best for the 100m is 10.9 seconds with an average of 11.2, so with coaching and growing, we could be watching him at the Commonwealth games. I don't know if anyone is watching the athletics but 21-year-old Adam Gemili who is part of the relay team was running the same times as mine as a 17-year-old.

BUT - the days are still long and boring apart from the 11 seconds that he's running the 100m lol.

Breakfast: Omelette (3 x eggs, cheese allowance, mushrooms, onion, bacon and a bit of brown sauce) 1 syn

At Athletics: Grapes, Blackberries, Blueberries, mint yoghurt, 2 x alpen lights

Dinner: 2 x Salmon burgers (Lidl) - 4 syns, 3 x Linda McCartney Sausages, salad, Kraft (1 syn), 100g potato wedges (3.5 syns).

Snacks: 1 x bag of mini party rings (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Foods looking good!

And fair play to your son :) defo potential there!

Day 4 - 13st 12.8lbs (woo) - I've lost that 5lbs on my own scales already.

Thanks for the reply Vicky. 100m was 11.16s yesterday which is his new electronic PB (10.9 is hand timed)

Breakfast: Mugshot, banana

Mid-Morning: Grapes, Pom Bears (3.5 syns)

Lunch: Bacon, Onion, Mushroom Omelette with brown sauce (1 syn)

Mid-Afternoon: Mini Magnum (6 syns), 2 x Ginger Biscuits (5 syns)

Dinner: Frozen home-made ready meal - some kind of roast (3 syns - 2 for the Yorkshire, 1 for the Gravy)

Evening: 2 x Alpen Lights

I'm going to have a go at making that half-syn cake tomorrow, just bought all the ingredients in for it - yikes £7!!!! It had better be worth it.

Well done to him :)

And your foods looking good.

Hope the cake is nice :D

Day 1

Here I am again, back for another try. I'm now 8.5lbs away from the lightest I was back on my birthday in June and I'm back up to 14st 4.5lbs meaning 1st 12lbs off altogether. I'm starting to feel really bloated and craving sugar all the time and I'm fed up of wasting £5 a week going to class just to yo-yo. I found the summer really hard but now it looks that we're back in Autumn again, the school hols are drawing to a close, and I start my new job in 2 weeks. I plan to be 12 stone by Christmas so need 1.7lbs off per week (eeek)

Breakfast: Tin of beans

Mid-Morning: banana

Lunch: Uncle Ben's microwave rice (3 syns), packet of Walkers pops (4 syns)

Dinner: Chicken & Bacon pasta (made with a Maggi mix) which is 11.5 syns for the whole thing and includes my HEA and I'm not sure how many portions it makes yet - perhaps 2.5 syns.

Evening: Biscuits made with 35g Oats (HEB) including 1 sachet of options = 1.5 syns

I think we all have a break and get back on it. U kno u can do it :)

Biscuits? Please tell lol

Oh Vicki - they were horrible! I only took one mouthful and got a horrible after taste of sweeteners and binned the rest.

It was 35g of porridge oats, 1 egg, 2tbsp of sweetener(from memory). I'd rather have 2 alpen lights

Day 2. 1lb exactly down on yesterday at 14st 1lb

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Bacon & Onion quiche and beans (including HEA cheese)

Dinner: Cheesy potato pie and beans

Snacks: love heart sweets (2 syns), possibly 2 slices of wholemeal toast with spread (but I'm not hungry so maybe not) - 2.5 syns

Last edited:
Day 3 (14st 1lb)

Breakfast: Banana, 2 babybels.

Lunch: Leftover cheese & potato pie, brown sauce (1 syn).

Mid Afternoon: Berries with WW Vanilla Yoghurt

Dinner: Lamb, mash, cabbage, carrots, Yorkshire pud (2 syns), Gravy (2 syns)

snacks: Small tube of love heart sweets (2 syns), 2 x slices wholemeal toast & spread (2.5 syns)

Last edited:
Day 4 (13st 13.6lbs) - woo, that's better

Breakfast: Mugshot pasta, banana

Lunch: Bacon & Onion Quiche with spaghetti in tomato sauce (I think this probably had my cheese allowance in it)

Dinner: Lamb, potato & carrot with mayflower curry sauce (3 syns)

Snacks: 2 x slices of wholemeal toast and spread (2.5 syns), cake bar (5.5 syns)

Last edited:
Back