Throwing myself into SW - food diary

Day 133

Breakfast: Banana

Before Lunch: 2 x hi-fi bars, white chocolate & raspberry cookie (5 syns)

Lunch: Pasta in a superfree tomato sauce (passata, red onion, courgettes, mushrooms, peppers)

Dinner: As lunch, but with sliced chicken pieces in it.

Going to try to not have any more syns before bed but I might have a muller.

unofficial weigh in this morning was still 14st 0's. Desperate to be under 14st regularly again now as I want to be 13st 13.5lbs when I get weighed next Thursday evening.

Day 134

Back in the 13st 13's again this morning. It's a lovely day so I dug out my knee length cropped jeans that I was too fat to wear last year and last wore on holiday in August 2012 and I can get them on without undoing the buttons!

Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Pasta (as last night)

Dinner: BBQ* chicken legs, salad, sweet potato wedges (all free!)

Snacks: Grapes, hi-fi bar, choc bar (5 syns), pom bears (3.5), jam tart (5.5)

*the BBQ sauce is out of the little book of sauces and is delicious and so easy to make. I can highly recommend it.

I have also changed my target on MiniMins. I did put 11st 7lbs, but I have put 12st so just upped it by 2lbs. I will see how I feel when I get there.

Last edited:
Day 135

Breakfast: 300g strawberries with a cappucino muller over the top

Lunch: Last of the Chicken pasta

Dinner: Beef silverside joint, 2 x Yorkshire (4 syns), gravy (1 syn), carrots and cabbage.

Snacks; Hi-Fi (B), pom bears (3.5), choc bar (5.5)

I've noticed I eat less and am less hungry when it's warm. I'd be a right skinny minny if I lived somewhere hot.

Unofficial morning weigh-in: 13st 12's. Heading in the right direction.

Last edited:
Day 136

Breakfast: Mugshot, Banana

Lunch: Sushi snack-pack (2 syns), hi-Fi Bar, Skinny popcorn (4 syns)

Dinner: Gammon, SW chips, salad, Kraft (1 syn)

Snacks: boiled sweet (1.5 syns), love hearts (1.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Into my lowest morning weight yet at 13st 11's. I think I need to be weighing in at 13st 10's to have any chance of being under 14st for my Thursday evening weigh in though. Either that or starvation on Thursday which I don't like the sound of.

My normal black trousers for work are getting too baggy now around the bum, hip and thighs but my waist & stomach stubbornly refuse to shrink in size and allow me into a 14. It's a good feeling though for clothes to be too big than too small.

Last edited:
Day 137

Breakfast: Mugshot, Grapes

Lunch: Pasta and chicken (red onion, courgette, green pepper, cherry tomatoes in passata)

Dinner: Pasta and Chicken as lunch

Snacks: 2 x slices wholemeal toast with V thinly spread spread (2.5 syns), 1 x pombear (3.5), muller, banana, 2 x boiled sweets (2.5 syns), 2 x small packs of love hearts (2.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns)

Weight this morning: 13st 12's
Weight home from work: 14st 1.

Day 138

13st 12's again, but who cares - I am under 14st :-D

Breakfast: Mugshot, banana

Lunch: Pasta (again, just one more portion left now), space raiders (3 syns), 2 x love hearts (3 syns), banana

Snacks: Alpen light x 2

Dinner: Salad, Kraft (1 syn), cod

Then...not so good. Next door neighbour sent some prawn crackers round from her takeaway meal as no one in their house likes prawn crackers. Neither of my boys like them, and DH had eaten so he wasn't hungry (wierdo) so I scoffed the entire bag as they were the best prawn crackers I had ever tasted. (7.5 syns) although now I am synning them, I have discovered FIVE are only 1.5 syns. I have no idea how many I ate so I will venture at 25. I think I had a Freddo (5 syns) too.

Hmmm...maybe not so bad after all.

Last edited:
Day 138

Breakfast: Mugshot Pasta, Banana

Lunch: Leftover pasta (sick of it now, glad to see the back of it), muller, alpen light x 2

Dinner: Cheeky takeaway - fries (12.5 syns), masala fish wrap (14 syns)

Lost the plot at work: about 6 chocolate eclair sweets (9 syns), French Fancy (5.5 syns), 2 maltesers (1 syn) and a kitkat (5.5 syns)

47 syns for the day (EEEEEEKKKKKKKKK)

Ooops 49.5 actually as I just remembered a jaffa cake

Anyway, despite the above I have bloody done it. Lost 2.5lbs at weigh-in today to take me to 13st 13.5lbs so I have achieved my target of being below 14st by 22nd May.

2.5lbs lost
31lbs in 20 weeks

Last edited:
Day 139

Breakfast: Danish pastry (oops - a lady bought them in) - 25 syns YIKES!!!

Lunch: Asda Mushroom rice, skinny popcorn (4 syns), 2 x hi-fi light bars

Dinner: Chicken drumsticks in BBQ sauce, SW chips, corn on cob, salad, Kraft (1 syn)

Snacks: I think I have had enough for today! Will try and stick to fruit. More skinny popcorn (4 syns) and a hi-fi Light (3 syns), jaffa cake (2.5 syns)

Didn't weigh this morning as I am sure my consultant's scales are weighing lighter than mine at home and didn't want to be depressed if I was more than 14st.

I managed to fit into a dress today that I haven't been able to wear since I bought it - it is a knitted dress but quite a fine knit so clingy - anyway it fits okay now. Felt like I had bought something new!

New Target: I want to have lost 3.5lbs by the weigh-in on 5th June (2 more) - I wonder if I can do it.

Last edited:
DAY 140

Breakfast: Banana

Lunch: Bacon butty (2 x slices wholemeal bread as Healthy Extra)

Dinner: Mayflower Curry (chicken, mushroom, onion) and Rice (3 syns)

Snacks: few grapes, 2 x boiled eggs, Freddo (5 syns).

Ordered a size 14 t-shirt and denim mini skirt from Tesco online which was delivered today. If there is anywhere that I am going to be a size 14, it will be Tesco as their sizes were always massive on me. Although the t-shirt fits, the skirt is too tight around the waist and hips but maybe another 7 - 10 lbs and it should be a better fit.

I'm on a training course next week Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday so I need to be organised with my food however it's in the new venue so there is a canteen. I may be able to get bacon and eggs for breakfast but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Day 141

Breakfast: Grapes

Lunchtime: Bacon Butty (w/m bread as HEB) with a strawberry muller poured into 250mls s/s milk to make it into a milkshake/drinking yoghurt

Dinner: Pork, Aunt Bessie's Carrot & Swede Mash (0.5 syns), sprouts, carrots, gravy (1 syn), Yorkshire Pudding x 3 (6 syns)

Snacks: (fig biscuit 3 syns), Freddo (5 syns), 2 x hi-fi lights (B choice)

WOO have also thought that I can make today a red day so I can have an extra HEA & B choice if I like.

WOO 13st 10's this morning which is my lightest yet. Although I am taking my official weight as my Thursday weigh-in, the last time I weighed 13st 10 was in November 2012 when I started a new job and went to a friend's 40th, and that would have been the weight I was when I'd weighed in the morning of the party, so I have now 'unofficially' lost all of the weight that I gained whilst misery eating my way through my last job.

Also hadn't updated my online weight on the SW site, which I have done today, and they've given me an estimated date of arrival at 13st as 21st July which is 9 weeks away so that is my next target), 63 days (ish) so around the day 200 mark.

Last edited:
Day 142

13st 10's again this morning

Breakfast: 175ml whole milk / Strawberry Yoghurt mixed together (my new favourite)

Lunch: 4 rashers of bacon, 2 scrambled eggs with whole milk (1.5 syns), 2 slices wholemeal toast.

Dinner; Leftover curry & rice from't other night (3 syns)

Snacks: Lyons Mallow biscuit (4.5 syns), 1 x Reece's Piece (4 syns), strawberries & fat free Mint yoghurt (0.5 syns)

Bought 2 x size 14 dresses in TK Maxx today. They were both on a L hanger and it was only when I got them home that I discovered they both actually said 14 so I'm quite clearly delighted. They fit but are on the "don't gain any weight" spectrum of fitting, so I should get some more wear out of them.

Spent 2 hours this afternoon tidying out the wardrobe. My throw away pile was as big as my keep pile. I had kept lots of stuff from the last time I was slim (2006!) and have 2 bags in 14 and 12. I've tried on the 14 stuff and am very nearly there but obviously as fashions have changed there is stuff that I wouldn't be seen dead in. So pretty much everything that is left on hangers is stuff I currently wear and have worn recently. There's a bag of 14's to have another try-on when I've lost perhaps another 2" off my waist because annoyingly everything fit me around the bottom half but my waist is refusing to budge so they wouldn't fasten - GRRRR. Then there are 2 bags with 12's in it.

Last edited:
Day 143

Back up to 13st 11's this morning (waaaaaaaah)

Breakfast: 2 x rashers bacon, beans, tinned tomatoes, mushrooms.

Mid-Morning: Apple, satsuma

Lunch: Ham sandwich, 2 x slices wholemeal bread (HEB), 1 tsp spread (1.5 syns), banana, alpen light (2.5 syns), Skinny Popcorn (4 syns)

Dinner: Fish in Butter Sauce (3 syns), mixed veg, mash

Evening: 175ml whole milk and strawberry yoghurt, hi-fi light (3 syns)

Last edited:
Day 144

13st 11's again this morning, stupid crap rubbish diet ;-)

Breakfast: 3 x rashers, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans

Lunch: 2 x small jacket potatoes, cheese, baked beans, banana, hi-fi light

mid-afternoon: hot chocolate (8.5 syns)

Dinner: Mayflower curry & rice (3 syns)

Snacks: satsuma, pear, apple, hi fi light

Day 145

Weigh in 13st 11's again.

I have been on the world's dullest training course for three days. For the past two of them I had been very good but today I finally cracked as the only way I was going to get through this was by eating.

Breakfast: Bacon butty (3 rashers) in two slices of brown bread which I thought was wholemeal bread but then I heard the kitchen lass yell "THERE'S NO BROWN BREAD LEFT" when I had taken the last two slices so I can't guarantee it was actually wholemeal. (10 syns).

mid-Morning: Hot chocolate (8.5 syns)

Lunch: Cheese and Ham Omelette (but it was cooked in oil) - say 6 for 1 level tbsp, satsuma, apple, hi-fi bar

Mid afternoon: Kettle chips (10 syns)

Dinner: Fish & chips (14 syns), chips (10 syns), mushy peas.

So, official weigh in and I have stayed the same. I know I have had a bad day today but I think I've had a pretty good week. I'd much rather lose 1.5lbs per week regularly than lose 3 and have a maintain like I seem to have been doing! I assume last week (which was a bad week) has caught up with me as I shifted an unexpected 2 last week.
STAYED THE SAME
31LBS IN 21 WEEKS

Day 146 (Friday) and Day 147 (Saturday)

Haven't been able to get near a laptop to update.

Friday: Ooops. Didn't actually track today but it was all food optimising with minimal syns. I started feeling poorly so had no appetite so I was on plan.

Saturday: We were out at athletics all day and thanks to being poorly the previous day the scales had me at a lovely 13st 9 weight which is the lightest I have been yet. Hopefully Thursday might show a loss. This is what I ate throughout the day.

250ml semi-skimmed milk mixed in with Lidl mint yoghurt (really nice)
Sushi snack pack (2.5 syns)
5 x Ritz Crackers (5 syns)
Egg & potato salad
2 x alpen light
1 x chinese chicken drumstick (not sure, going to say 1 syn)
1 x mugshot (which was my evening meal as I couldn't be bothered to cook)

Could have been a lot worse with boredom eating but I managed to stay strong by visiting the loo frequently, not because of poor bladder control but because I saw my full length reflection and was so pleased at how much weight I seem to have lost, also spurred on by the fact that I was wearing size 14 jeans and a size 14 sweater :-D It's been a long time since I was in head to toe 14

Day 148 (Sunday)

Haven't decided on food yet so will update. It's beautiful weather so not sure it's Sunday roast weather!

Had to post just to say that the scales this morning weighed me in at 13st 8's!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have that much food yesterday and I'll be back to normal today so probably won't be that tomorrow.

Breakfast: Bacon butty

Lunch: Nowt

Dinner: Hunters chicken, potato crosses (4 syns), corn on the cob

Snacks: Mint feast ice-cream lolly (14 syns), Lidl onion ring crisps (4 syns), 3 x Ritz Crackers (3 syns), bakewell tart (9 syns), probably a 5.5 syn chocolate bar too but I couldn't swear to it...

So, not a great day....never mind.

Last edited:
Day 149

Breakfast: Satsuma, Pear

Lunch: Mug-shot

Dinner: Nothing (going out to cinema)

Snacks: 2 x slices of wholemeal toast (2.5 for spread), 250ml semi-skimmed milk with mint yoghurt, sastuma, pear

I've been a bit bad today and deliberately ate as little as I could because DS2 and I are lunching out at a buffet tomorrow and I'm going to FILL MY BOOTS so I want to eat as little as I can today to kind of 'make up for it'........I know it's wrong but I had a bad diet day yesterday so want to make that up too. I've drank plenty of fluids though and probably ate more calories than if I was doing something like 5:2. I'm not in any danger of fainting or anything.

On a plus note, I was in the 13st 8's again for the second day running (wooooooh)

Day 150 (Tuesday)

Today I was off plan because we went out for lunch to the Red Hot World Buffet in Leeds which is an eat as much as you like buffet with food from all over the world.

I had a plate of starters, a plate of main, and two dessert plates (one of them had been apple crumble and custard) and then the second plate was the little individual puds like cheesecake bites, almond cake and ice cream.

I had no intentions of flexi-synning and just intended on eating until I dropped. However from past experience I could have done 5 full plates in the past, and the 4 I had were lightly filled, not piled up. I also felt myself getting full and didn't want to get heartburn and feel uncomfortably full so I stopped. Also, my plate of main was all Sushi with just one ladle of fish in S&S sauce with a ladle of rice.

I did spoil things later on in the evening by having crisps/fruit stars and a Freddo (twice) which was 24 un-necessary syns and I was cross with myself.

Morning weight had been 13st 9's.

Day 151

Breakfast: Bacon butty

Lunch: Mugshot

Dinner: Fish pie (squid, prawns, king prawns and mussels in parsley sauce with smash) - 2 syns

Snacks: chewing gum (0.5 syns), Freddo (5 syns), Pom Bears (4 syns), can of Tizer (4.5 syns).

Thankfully yesterday doesn't appear to have caused too much damage as I was in the 13st 9's again.

Last edited:
Back