Thursday Weighers

I'd try something a bit less light on starting SW rather than the gym, you might feel your doing a lot but remember, you may loose weight but gain in muscle!

Try a moderate exercise and then build it up:)

I am a relative newcomer after joining my local group 4 weeks ago. One thing I notice is the mention of drinking lots of water. Does this help weight loss and why? I drink lots of tea so I hope that's not bad.
P.S. I drink it without sugar but have a small amount of milk.

Bossman

Amydoc92
Will take it easy, went today and mainly did the treadmill, cross trainer for cardio and hand weights. Fitness instructor their said to just use hand weights & fitness ball as it works your core muscles. Will see what nxt wk brings fingers crossed:)

I am a relative newcomer after joining my local group 4 weeks ago. One thing I notice is the mention of drinking lots of water. Does this help weight loss and why? I drink lots of tea so I hope that's not bad.

Bossman

I think it's because it helps flush your system and keep you regular in both ways plus sometimes you can mistake thirst for hunger so this can make you overeat. It is also meant to be good for your skin and hair etc so has lots of health benefits. You get water/hydration through food as well as drink

(If this is wrong please, anyone else, feel free to correct me)

Bossman1959 said:

Bossman

My understanding is that good hydration helps your body to burn fat. Also keeps you in good digestive health and regular, I have heard that constipation can slow metabolism. It keeps hunger at bay and when I drink a lot, I feel better for it! Tea and coffee do hydrate you, but I try to have a pint of water with my meals to make sure :)

Hi guys hope your all doing well, i had a bit of a wobble today but off to the shops to stock up on fruit so i i can get my bkside in gear again :-D

I'm a Thursday weigher, start getting nervous today so hit the superspeed soup for dinner this evening and will keep that up. Really want to lose 13.5lbs in the next 5 weeks to hit my 3 stone mark begore relocating half way across the country for a new job, thus I'll need to find a new group. Anybody else changed groups?

12.5lb even!

Hi broadway, good luck for 2mos, ive not had a grt wk, pulled it back yday, would be happy as long as ive not gained x

Gained 1.1/2 lbs last Thursday :(

I'm a Thursday weigher, start getting nervous today so hit the superspeed soup for dinner this evening and will keep that up. Really want to lose 13.5lbs in the next 5 weeks to hit my 3 stone mark begore relocating half way across the country for a new job, thus I'll need to find a new group. Anybody else changed groups?

Hi Broadway,

I changed groups recently as I wasn't very impressed with my initial consultant so moved to a group with a better one.....

When I first went to my new group they just put in a 'change' request to move me from one group to another and they were fine with it and the new group was very welcoming...though I haven't told them or my old consultant why the real reason I have moved!! The only thing I found was that you would be classed as a visitor until the change has gone through so you would not be eligible for slimmer of the week and you can not buy a countdown or book holidays etc

Good luck with the move, I wish I had the courage to do that

Thanks,

I wouldn't have had the courage a little while ago! As the weight is coming off my confidence is raising! We have similiar amounts to still loose Star Girl, good luck :) x

Agggges till weigh in! Wii fit is showing a 5lbs loss though so here's hoping!

Back