Tiggertoes on Atkins

slaj said:
Morning TT have a great day :)

Good Morning Sandra :)

Have a beautiful day xxx

Another easy day under the belt.

I made sure I ate less calories today. Feel better for it.

So menus are as follows:

B:
2 egg muffins
Biltong
Iced coffee. Yum!

L:
Huge prawn cocktail with king prawns, lettuce and some seafood sauce (used most of my daily carbs in this)
More iced coffee

D:
Homemade spicy tomato and chicken broth soup. With chicken breast. First ever attempt and I'm really chuffed. It's really really tasty. Regular on the menu me thinks.

Snack:
Biltong
Pork scratchings.
Small amount of cashews.

So that's it for today. Not too much.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the sunshine.

TT x

Attachments

• image-3048512476.jpg
    image-3048512476.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image-1844037255.jpg
    image-1844037255.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 41
Thanks girls. :) I'm really enjoying cooking again. This diet has awakened some serious cooking skills in me. I'm going to finds some flax meal tomorrow to bake with. I'm really craving a grilled cheese toastie. ;)

Made some s/f jelly but it's taking tooooo long to set. Really loving this gorgeous weather.

Ooh recipe and carb count on the broth, please? I'm not much of a cook but it looks yummy.

Pseudgirl said:
Hey Tiggertoes! Finally checked into your diary and oh my goodness I am so jealous of your food! I want a muffin!! Do you have to whisk the whites up or something? I am finding breakfasts hard to fit in early enough so really need some quick things like that or a quiche or something!

My VLCD made me sick, as in actually sick. I think my body was telling me to eat food!

Anyway, will be popping back often! Oh and I have a bean pole other half too :)

Hello. Thanks for the food comments ;) I'm trying to keep it interesting.

Here's the recipe I followed for egg muffins. Mine came out a little more quiche like but I'm going to separate half the whites next time and whisk them up first before adding everything together for a better spongy consistency. They taste great now but I can do better.

Egg Muffins

Nutrition Info
Calories: 142.7
Fat: 10.1g
Carbohydrates: 1.8g
Protein: 10.7g
Ingredients

12 Large Eggs
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (low fat if possible)
1/4 Cup Feta Cheese (Optional)
Garlic Seasoning to taste
Directions

Preheat oven to 375 F. (Gas mark 5)

If using a silicone pan, spray with non-stick spray. If using a regular muffin pan, use 2 liners.

Beat eggs in a bowl. Add diced veggies and cheese. Add garlic seasoning to taste. Pour into muffin tins filling 2/3 full. The muffins will rise.

Bake 25-35 minutes until muffins have risen and are slightly browned and set.

Muffins will keep at least a week in the refrigerator without freezing. Egg muffins can be frozen and reheated. For best results, thaw in refrigerator before reheating. Microwave on high about 2 minutes to reheat.

Number of Servings: 12

moonlights said:
Ooh recipe and carb count on the broth, please? I'm not much of a cook but it looks yummy.

Hello ML.

Soup was amazing!! I am not a fan of soup at all but this I will have weekly now.

I didn't make a lot (only two of us) so I kinda just went with it ingredients wise. It's a bit of a kitchen sink job. No idea of the carbs but I don't think it can be anything more than 2 carbs per serving.

Here's what I did:

Ingredients:
4 shallots chunk chopped
3 sticks of celery chopped chunky
Left over chicken bones with some breast meat (no skin)
Cooked chicken breast meat (to ad before dinner)
8 small cherry tomatoes (whole)
Salt (to taste)
Black pepper
Chilli flakes (to taste)
Soy sauce
Garlic powder
1 oxo chicken cube

Directions:
Lightly sauté shallots and celery, add about 2l boiling water and add chicken bones. Add seasoning and spices etc.
Bring to boil. Add chilli flakes (I used about 1/2 a tsp)
Simmer gently and after 1.5 hrs add cherry tomatoes whole, add another 500ml -1l water. Simmer for another hour skimming impurities off top regularly. Add seasoning to taste.

When soup is rich colour and veggies are soft put soup through a strainer and squeeze any last fluid from veg and bones then discard them, bring broth back to the boil. Skim all oil and foam off top till soup is clean. Simmer for another 30mins.

Cut cooked chicken breast into pieces and lay them in soup plate. Pour piping hot broth over and enjoy.

Last edited:
Yesterday was HOT and I had to force myself to eat. Was extremely bloated and puffy from TOTM and water retention. Feeling better after a good night's sleep (with aircon on full blast) and a good long pee this morning. (sorry for tmi)

Yesterday menus were:

B:
80g smoked salmon
100g biltong
Cheesestring
Coffee

L:
30g Scratchings
50g Biltong
Cheesestring
Iced coffee

D:
Pork cooked in cream and mushrooms (yum!)
Cauliflower mash

Pudding:
S/f jelly with double cream.
Iced coffee.

I has to chuck the last few muffins out because I just can't see another egg muffin for a while. The thought of anything quiche or scrambled egg consistency makes me shudder at the minute. :( I'm sure I'll be fine next week. Got to get the consistency better next time.

I ordered a coffee grinder and some golden flaxseed. I CANNOT wait to have my first MIM!!! With butter and melted cheese. Yuuuuuuum!!!

Spent 2 hrs going the garden yesterday. Phew! Arms are aching today. Feels like I've been swinging from trees. Garden happy and looking great though. :)

Got my stepdaughter Ella this weekend :D Taking her to the circus tonight which she would love.

So far so good. Still loving every second of Atkins.

Have a great weekend everyone and happy slimming.

TT xxx

Wow TT... Food looks so appetising! I will have to beat my eggs and get cooking! Lol

Hope you have a great day! X

Alpaca said:
Wow TT... Food looks so appetising! I will have to beat my eggs and get cooking! Lol

Hope you have a great day! X

Thanks Alpaca. I'm sick to death of eggs ;)

There are some fantastic low carb recipes out there. I seem to have some pretty great ideas of my own. I think I'll have to start contributing to the recipe section. My OH is convinced I should have a go at Come dine with me hehe. I don't have the confidence. :(

Go for it!! I think there's definitely a growing low carb audience - and scope for a low carb restaurant!

Alpaca said:
Go for it!! I think there's definitely a growing low carb audience - and scope for a low carb restaurant!

Imagine that!!! :D

Hello all.

Another day done and dusted. This is so easy.

Lots of laundry and cleaning done. So much energy it's great. I feel great.

My menus today were a bit blah. Not really much effort put in at all. Too hot to bother.

My miracle noodles arrived today so I had to try them out. They look quite odd and smelt only a bit fishy but I rinsed them a few times and the smell disappeared. They are really filling and really chewy. I loved them. Once a week for me I think.

B:
100g Salmon
50g Biltong
Cheesestring
Coffee

S:
S/F jelly with cream
Celery with p/butter (1.6 carb)
Iced coffee

L:
50g Biltong
80g Cucumber
Cheesestring

D:
1 pckt of miracle zero noodles with grated cheddar cheese, garlic, butter and Parmesan.

S:
Pork scratchings
Iced coffee

Plenty of water and plenty of sunshine.

Have a great evening everyone.

TT x

Last edited:
Must try the noodles one of these days. Have a lovely evening, enjoy the rest of the sunshine :)

So glad you got on with the noodles! Not bad at all as long as you're not expecting something like egg noodles, and nice and convenient.

moonlights said:
So glad you got on with the noodles! Not bad at all as long as you're not expecting something like egg noodles, and nice and convenient.

They were lovely. I think I'll make the sauce separate next time and pour over. I just chucked it all together after noodles were rinsed and heated. Still really nice. So chewy and filling. Thank you for the suggestion!

I've had them in the press for weeks but all this talk of fishy texture etc has scared me off!!

Amo1979 said:
I've had them in the press for weeks but all this talk of fishy texture etc has scared me off!!

Nah they are none of the above. The smell is a little fish when they come out of the packet but as soon as you rinse them a few times it goes away. No smell at all. Texture is really good. Not quite pasta but more rice noodle. It's really filling. Give it a go.

Evening Tigger - glad to see you are enjoying the cooking and food experimentation - great "diet" isnt it:)

Back