Tillymax is trying again

Yes it is horrendous Lily and I think that's why I felt very down about the diet this last week. I have to fight every single day just to get through it so the losing weight bit should be a doddle compared to that. Little things like flooring changing from caprets to wooden or cobbles to tarmac all affect me. Lighting - summer and autumn when the suns lower in the sky produces shadows and that affects me. When it's bad I can't even get out of bed so if I feel it start to get stronger I try to cut back or avoid situations that are gonna make it worse.

My pupils dilate. The bigger they are the dizzier I feel. When I first went to the doctors he said did you have something you shouldn't yesterday. My immediate thought was food :rolleyes: and I thought about it and said no I don't think so. He said are you sure. I was so shocked when I finally twigged he was talking about drugs.

You're right my boss knows I'm a nutter :D

Sounds a lot like Meniere's Disease, all lights affected me and as for standing that was almost an impossibility, fortunately for me it literally lasted no more than 3 months, although 90% of that 3 months was spent on my back in bed as every time I got up I got really dizzy and was violently sick....I really feel for you hun and in your case I would watch what I eat, but not be too strict with yourself until you feel well enough to concentrate on it properly....being really hard on yourself when you feel unwell I believe just makes you more likely to commit syns lol...sorry about the pun :giggle: but seriously I do mean that, the more you try to stick to plan the more stressed you'll feel and the worse you'll get, so give yourself a break and just eat as healthily as you can xxx

I'm off now for the rest of the week :D

Been to see The Help today. I enjoyed it but you don't need to pay cinema prices to see it just wait til it's on tv. The book's supposed to be good too.

The book is actually much better than the film Tilly
so would recommend if you have time to read it do....
I am always reading the books first then I'm bitterly disappointed
when I go see the film and spend the whole time saying
Well that's not what happened in the book!!!

hahaha!!

I had vertigo once for about 2 months
brought on after another illness and unless you have had it
I don't think you realize how debilitating it can be
so no dizzy jokes will be coming from my direction ;)

anyway I'll shut up waffling now
x

'Ey up Tilly hun, sorry to hear you're having a few health probs atm :(

:bighug:

Mn, I'm wondering who did we leave driving the wagon since we've all been falling out over the past week or two :giggle:

Not sure who's ruling my head, dunno if it's the fat woman or the breadaholic woman - just not been fancying proper meals and wanting to eat big slices of bakery bread with honey all the time, too darn nice!

I've still not made it up with Trevor yet :rolleyes: Thinking I might buy a fresh new paper diary to see if the newness helps my brain get back in gear, shall fetch one after my day in t'office tomorrow I think :) I didn't keep track of the 3 postive things per day at first, just marvelled at the odd journeys he took me on every night lol Must make more of an effort with him ;)

Hope you enjoy your time off - will you be busy or just taking it easy? xxxx

Sorry Lo, I never noticed this post last night.

I don't know who's driving the wagon but they're going too bl**dy fast for me to get back on properly :sigh:

I'm gonna have to write my 3 positives down too. I did the first week but then I got lazy and just thought them but didn't write them. Don't know if that will make a difference or not.

I was gonna write my diary for today but I've nothing to put in it yet cos I've only just got up :eek:

The book is actually much better than the film Tilly
so would recommend if you have time to read it do....
I am always reading the books first then I'm bitterly disappointed
when I go see the film and spend the whole time saying
Well that's not what happened in the book!!!

hahaha!!

I had vertigo once for about 2 months
brought on after another illness and unless you have had it
I don't think you realize how debilitating it can be
so no dizzy jokes will be coming from my direction ;)

anyway I'll shut up waffling now
x

I will read the book. It's on my list of about 10 million books to read before I die. I love reading.

I know what you mean about getting annoyed with film adaptations of books. I'm glad I saw the film for this one first though cos as I was watching the film I was thinking I bet the books good here cos there'll be more detail :)

I've had vertigo so long now that I've had to find ways to adapt to be able to live my life. I've missed too much of it already. I also get panic attacks because of it but they only started a few years ago. It does annoy me though when people can't work cos they've broken a fingernail or something pathetic and I go to work and I'm really ill some days :mad:

Anyway enough moaning about myself. Here's to a nice day for us all :)

Afternoon Tilly,

Sorry to hear that you are having a bad time with the Vertigo, as I am a fellow sufferer too:(

I had a middle ear infection just before Christmas 2000, that didn't respond to antibiotics then the day after boxing day I fell over feeling really dizzy, went to bed, and didn't get up for two weeks. I was so dizzy and vomiting constantly. My GP diagnosed Labyrinthitis, and I was put on really strong antibiotics and anti sickness drugs.

When I was eventually out of bed, I answered the phone, and realised that I couldn't hear in my left ear, my GP was convinced that it would return shortly, but I was really concerned so went to see a consultant privately. He did a hearing test, and was shocked that I could hear no sounds at all. I had a MRI scan to rule out tumours etc, and it showed that the inside of my ear had been totally destroyed, and since then I have been profoundly deaf in my left ear, and have chronic vertigo.

I was so unwell, I couldn't return to work, and after being pressurised by my manager, took voluntary redundancy, as the stress was making me worse, as you know.

Like yourself, I have learn't what I can and can't do, but sometimes it still comes out of the blue :(

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well :(

There seems to be something in the air at the moment, people seem to be falling off the wagon left, right and centre (me included!) but we will all get there in the end.

I saw the advert for The Help and thought it looked quite good, so will probably go and see it. I have an unlimited card so it doesn't bother me too much if it's not worth paying the price of a full ticket ;)

Hope you feel better soon! x

*Squishes* Tilly. Dizziness is horrible.

Sorry to hear your not too well at the moment tilly,can't imagine what its like to cope with dizziness all day and on top of all that hold down a job and manage a family. Hope it gets better after a few days rest x x

Thanks for all the lovely messages. It's nice to know that some of you have had it too. That sounds awful but what I mean is sometimes I feel as though people don't believe me. If I had a broken arm they'd be able to see that something was wrong and would believe me but cos they can't see it I always feel that people think I'm trying to get out of doing something cos I can't be bothered.

I've done a Jackie today. I forgot I was on a green day and had a bacon buttie for tea :eek:

I can't even change to EE cos I've had no veg today.

Br porridge (B) milk (A) golden syrup (2 syns)

Din beans on toast (B)

Tea bacon buttie and brown sauce

I totally agree with you about people not understanding!

When I say, sorry, can you repeat that because I couldn't hear it, they look at me, as if I have landed from Mars!

Never mind trying to describe to someone who doesn't know how vertigo affects you, most people think you are frightened of heights!

I fell over yesterday, trying to look what the dog was looking for under the sofa, you would think that I would know by now that I can't xx

Thanks for all the lovely messages. It's nice to know that some of you have had it too. That sounds awful but what I mean is sometimes I feel as though people don't believe me. If I had a broken arm they'd be able to see that something was wrong and would believe me but cos they can't see it I always feel that people think I'm trying to get out of doing something cos I can't be bothered.

I've done a Jackie today. I forgot I was on a green day and had a bacon buttie for tea :eek:

I can't even change to EE cos I've had no veg today.

Br porridge (B) milk (A) golden syrup (2 syns)

Din beans on toast (B)

Tea bacon buttie and brown sauce

I know what you mean about people not believing you. I have a condition called hypermobility syndrome, which means that there is a deect in the connective tissue that's meant to hold my joints together isn't strong enough and I get a lot of joint pain because of it. If you were to look at me you wouldn't know it, I look like any other 24 year old girl, so no-one ever believes me either. It's taken me 11 years to even get the doctors to take any notice of me!

Hope you feel better soon! x

Sarah that sounds awful. Have you got the pain under control yet or is it bad every day? Will it get worse as you get older?

Errr are any of us actually fit cos so far there seems to be something wrong with all of us. So if we battle through our different illnesses every day and try to live as normal a life as possible surely we can do this losing weight thing :)

My mum has menieres and has attacks about once or twice a year, she has had it since i was about 13. She was in hospital with a head inj following a fall and at the time they thought she had a brain tumour.
she tends to take stemetil when she feels an attack coming on.

Flashing lights seem to set her off a lot and stress seems to play a part.

Now to show my wicked side:angeldevil:, my brother sister and I discovered that if we rocked from side to side it would make her dizzy and then she would have to sit down. We used to do it when she was shouting at us:ashamed0005::ashamed0005::8855::8855:

Hope you feel better soon xxx

I'm on pain killers all the time, and have acupuncture or it, although you only get a 6 week course in the NHS. The woman that does it for me has agreed to continue to give me 1 session a month on the NHS though, as it's really been helpful and so far Acupuncture is the only thing aside from medication that has made things any better!

It's something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life, there is nothing that can be done to make me 'normal', and I'm more prone to degeneration and arthritis in my joints as they move differently to everyone elses and extend further than they should, causing more wear and tear.

I agree, we should all be able to do this weight loss thing no problem if we're all dealing with these issues on a day to day basis! I guess we've just all got used to using ood as a comfort though, and that's a hard pattern to break!

I'm on pain killers all the time, and have acupuncture or it, although you only get a 6 week course in the NHS. The woman that does it for me has agreed to continue to give me 1 session a month on the NHS though, as it's really been helpful and so far Acupuncture is the only thing aside from medication that has made things any better!

It's something I'm going to have to live with for the rest of my life, there is nothing that can be done to make me 'normal', and I'm more prone to degeneration and arthritis in my joints as they move differently to everyone elses and extend further than they should, causing more wear and tear.

I agree, we should all be able to do this weight loss thing no problem if we're all dealing with these issues on a day to day basis! I guess we've just all got used to using ood as a comfort though, and that's a hard pattern to break!

Yes stick with the acupunture if it works :)

Get the boy to bring you breakfast in bed. Tell him he has to cos you don't want to wear your joints out ;)

I broke my toe in three places once when I walked into the doorframe. I thought I was walking through the doorway but had misjudged.

The worst is when people think I'm drunk and it's 9am :eek:

Actually I find things easier when I am drunk :rolleyes:

Ouch for the toe!

Do you fall in holes in the floor that aren't there, and step over things that also aren't there?...I do:eek:

Ditto about it's easier when drunk, it kind of balances it out!:confused:

Lloyd was going to get me a T-shirt a couple of years ago, printed, with "I'm not drunk, I just have Vertigo"

Back