Hey Denn, hope things are going well for you. I've just ordered a fitness band (sadly a cheaper alternative - downside to being a student!) and excited about it arriving. I've already decided that I will be getting out and doing more walking of an evening, especially once the evening's are lighter. So far so good on the gym front this week, let's just see if I can keep it up!

hi denn
hope your back o track now hun im here to follow your journey and im to on slimming world now ;)

Here to support on your new thread Denn :)

Everyone I seem to know on here, me included, other FB groups and main SW group are struggling to get back into it 100% and having a wobble or two. We all get back into it sooner or later I think. 2016 I am hoping is going to be the year I get to target also! I am determined to get there with you also! :)

Hi Denn, hope weigh-in goes well today :)

Just called in to subscribe. Go girl!
Hey Tasi! :)

Here to sub :)

Absolutely loving the pictures of your meals etc, must remember to do that with mine more often!
Hiya, Thanks :)

hi Denn - did you have a better day today?
Hi, ermmmm, no.....:oops:

Hey Denn, hope things are going well for you. I've just ordered a fitness band (sadly a cheaper alternative - downside to being a student!) and excited about it arriving. I've already decided that I will be getting out and doing more walking of an evening, especially once the evening's are lighter. So far so good on the gym front this week, let's just see if I can keep it up!
Hey TT, those trackers are addictive! Beware! :D

hi denn
hope your back o track now hun im here to follow your journey and im to on slimming world now ;)
Hi, Chezz , yaaay for SW ! :D

Here to support on your new thread Denn :)

Everyone I seem to know on here, me included, other FB groups and main SW group are struggling to get back into it 100% and having a wobble or two. We all get back into it sooner or later I think. 2016 I am hoping is going to be the year I get to target also! I am determined to get there with you also! :)
Hi Gemsta :) We WILL get there this year, one way or another!
I dislike Xmas for the pure reason of trying to get back on track LOL

Hi Denn, hope weigh-in goes well today :)
Hi Caz, it didn't :(:oops:

Was wondering why I couldn't find your diary and then realised you've made a new one! Hiiii.
Hiii ! Sym! LOL, I like to confuse people! :D

Oh no! Hope it's not too awful? You are getting back on track gradually, so you can definitely turn it around :)

Well, as you may have guessed from my ''quietness'' lol, the rest of the week didn't go too well!
Nor did weigh in!
Didn't get up to weigh in at SW :oops:, but weighed in on my Aria which showed a 2 lbs gain and my body fat % up again!:oops:
Here is a snippet from my Aria weigh ins for the past week or 2? (ignore the 132 lbs one as that is Hubby -git! he needs to gain weight!:rolleyes: )
Aria dec-jan weights.JPG
Just been in a bit of a ''funk'' since Wednesday!
Didn't help that I hadn't prepared food for Wednesday onwards, and that my work load at work went up and back to normal again along with later ''finish'' times!:rolleyes:
So, I just binged and ate my sulkiness!
Just finding it hard right now how to plan and fit in all I need to do/accomplish when I never know exactly what time I finish work of an evening during the week!
Weekends are not usually an issue...
So, while I have been sitting here sulking all morning and feeling sorry for myself, I have decided on a plan of action:)
I have all weekend to get it sorted too!:)

Firstly, I am going to bin all the crap - to hand- food
Then I am going to go through the freezers and cupboards and list what I have got to use.
And get in any ''fresh'' produce I need.
Then I will try and use my meal planner I bought.
Also will plan in my big day to day diary I have , exercise, studying etcetera that I need to do, and work on that and adjust as necessary!
Hopefully if I have a plan of action it will help :)
One other thing I MUST do is make sure I have food prepped for the next day at work, and also NOT take my purse , just a minimal amount of money and essentials like driving licence & DQC card . Because I have found if I have money on me at work I am tempted to park up by shops and go in and buy lots of rubbish food to eat! :oops:
I think I need some sort of ''discipline'' !
I know I can do it, it is just a case taking away the initial temptations as such, because once I have got back on track for a few weeks I am usually fine , it is just those initial first weeks!

Oh, and if you are wondering what I am studying I shall say , it is a long story ...
when my first husband left me back in 2007 my dad - bless him- paid for a Personal Trainer course for me from Future Fit - it cost him over £3000 !:oops: Now I did ''start'' it back then , but with issues with my ex and relationships over the years I didn't carry it on..
now last year , I contacted them and it is all still running , I just needed to pay a small fee to re-start my training.
now my plan was back then (in 2007) if I passed it was to work in a leisure centre and in other times take exercise classes for the older person.
I am now 49 - 50 this year , and am beginning to doubt weather it is still worth it.
although people I have spoken to think it is a good idea.
the only initial bit I am worried about is the studying side, as I haven't studied since I left school over 30 odd years ago!
And the first part of the course is studying A&P (Anatomy & physiology ) before I do any practical stuff !
It is also my last chance to do get out of truck driving and do something different in my life that has always interested me, even though I am now much older!
So, the first part is learning A&P (which in some parts is hard trying to get the information to sink in!), then go to do a 3 day workshop where I will also take an exam on A&P, and if I pass all that I would be initially qualified as a Gym instructor and also licenced to teach exercise classes :)
All the other courses I have after that are 'extra' and would if I continued qualify me to be a Personal trainer and also teach nutrition & weight management (seems cynical at the moment LOL)
but here is a snippet of my student zone page and courses I have paid for ....
future fit my zone.JPG
So, you can see my dilemma!
But, I really need to sort everything out if I am going to get anywhere!
I will try to keep my diary updated daily , but forgive me if I cannot reply to everyone elses regularly :oops:
Off to make a start , will be back later to update how my ''plan'' of action has gone :)

I am liking the sound of your career change plan! There is always the chance that if you don't try and do something you will regret it. This career change could be the best thing for you, so if it interests you, go for it. And it would more than likely help with your weight-loss journey. I don't think it would be cynical of you to be teaching nutrition etc. You know how difficult it is, and that experience can assist you in helping others.

I'm with Caz on this one; it sounds like a fantastic opportunity. My sister trained as a gym instructor, but had to drop it due to various issues. She really enjoyed the course and the learning side of it. I know how you feel about studying again; it still sometimes takes me by surprise when I actually manage to sit down and write an essay!

Plan is sounding great- I think that first step is always a good one to have made! I am currently loving my pressure cooker, so excited about cooking again

wow denn thats a great idea good luck on your course

Sorry your week went downhill! Planning is definatley the right thing to do! plan plan plan. I find preparing and cooking but its a MUST with SW so am making sure i leave enough time to prepare a couple of days in advance.
career change is a big thing but definatley give it a go, will be scary at 1st- especially when its been so long since school! not sure I could do it- my memory gets worse with every passing year lol! good luck! x

Sorry you've had a crap few days but glad you're getting back on track. The xareer change sounds great, you're never too old to go in a different direction. My mum retrained as a psychologist in her late 40s and I'm retraining as an accountant now (I'm nearly 39). Best of luck with it x

Denn don't be so hard on yourself (((HUGS))) We all have had those bad days...

50 is now the new 40 and it is never too late to follow your heart.

Great plan Denn, you'll be back on track in now time.

What are you planning for next week? Get those recipe books out!!!nhaha

Career change sounds like a great opportunity, and will tie in nicely with that fantastic weight loss you've achieved. You will be a compete inspiration to gym users

Sounds to me like the career change has potential. I definitely think you should take the exam. Could you get or make some recordings of the things you need to memorize and play them in your cab at work?

I am liking the sound of your career change plan! There is always the chance that if you don't try and do something you will regret it. This career change could be the best thing for you, so if it interests you, go for it. And it would more than likely help with your weight-loss journey. I don't think it would be cynical of you to be teaching nutrition etc. You know how difficult it is, and that experience can assist you in helping others.
Thanks Caz :) , my thoughts were about regretting not having another go , that's why I contacted them end of last year to see where I stood with things , and if I didn't try, I would never know!:)

I'm with Caz on this one; it sounds like a fantastic opportunity. My sister trained as a gym instructor, but had to drop it due to various issues. She really enjoyed the course and the learning side of it. I know how you feel about studying again; it still sometimes takes me by surprise when I actually manage to sit down and write an essay!

Plan is sounding great- I think that first step is always a good one to have made! I am currently loving my pressure cooker, so excited about cooking again
Thanks TT :) I have some ideas to help with the learning side :)
and yep, I think I need a written plan of sorts to follow.......once I am back in the swing of things again I shall be trying out some more recipes/dinners etc and dig out my kitchen gadgets again:D

wow denn thats a great idea good luck on your course
Thanks Chezz :)

Sorry your week went downhill! Planning is definatley the right thing to do! plan plan plan. I find preparing and cooking but its a MUST with SW so am making sure i leave enough time to prepare a couple of days in advance.
career change is a big thing but definatley give it a go, will be scary at 1st- especially when its been so long since school! not sure I could do it- my memory gets worse with every passing year lol! good luck! x
Thanks Cactus :)
Planning is definitely a must on SW -most of the time - just need to get back in the habit of it again:)
It was a big career change when I decided to do my HGV, but I passed 1st time (2010) and also studied the highway code for HGV's and got 99/100 on my theory :D, it IS a case of putting your mind to something....

Don't be too hard on yourself, you are back on track and that's all that matters. Mother Nature wouldn't have given us the ability to cheat a bit now and then, if she didn't intend us to do it would she?
Thanks Tasi :)

Sorry you've had a crap few days but glad you're getting back on track. The xareer change sounds great, you're never too old to go in a different direction. My mum retrained as a psychologist in her late 40s and I'm retraining as an accountant now (I'm nearly 39). Best of luck with it x
Thanks KB:), I suppose age isn't as much of an issue nowadays ....good luck with your accounting too!:)

Denn don't be so hard on yourself (((HUGS))) We all have had those bad days...

50 is now the new 40 and it is never too late to follow your heart.
Thanks Mini :), I have finished sulking now and pulled myself together!:D 50 certainly is the new 40!.....I certainly don't feel like I am going to be 50:)

Great plan Denn, you'll be back on track in now time.

What are you planning for next week? Get those recipe books out!!!nhaha

Career change sounds like a great opportunity, and will tie in nicely with that fantastic weight loss you've achieved. You will be a compete inspiration to gym users
Thanks Claire :)
not planning anything extravagant at the moment LOL, I want to use up some freezer contents first:)
I hope if I get there I will be of some help to someone at some point LOL

Sounds to me like the career change has potential. I definitely think you should take the exam. Could you get or make some recordings of the things you need to memorize and play them in your cab at work?
Thanks Susu :)
I 'will' take the exam and do the practical workshop, just got to get the studying done first :D
The thing with the studying bit, although I have work ''books'' from when it was 1st booked, it is now all done online, so I need the laptop for that, although I do have the advantage of the work books which is exactly the same content - but means I can read the books if I get some spare time at work (which occasionally I do:))
Not really any way I can have a 'soundtrack' as such to listen to in the cab unfortunately....

So
I have defrosted my 2 freezers (by hand lol with a hammer and flat blade screwdriver and some hot water - not the proper way LOL), I have one in the kitchen and another one in the garage , there was loads of ice in them!
I have made a list of what's in them, SW friendly and not SW friendly:) as unfortunately hubby tends to eat all the rubbish / fatty /high calorie foods , because he doesn't have to lose any weight (lucky him!:rolleyes::D)
freezer garage.jpg freezer list 2.jpg freezer list 1.jpg
Also have made a rough list meal guide on my planner... meal planner 1.jpg

Have also made a rough plan in my diary as for exercise , studying etc, so I will have something to follow, even if it needs amending along the way :)
Diary 2016.jpg
Also here is an example of what I need to study from my workbooks although it is all online now
ffpage 9.1.16.jpg ffpage 9.1.16.1.jpg
So have made a good start today :)

Also when I had finished sulking lol, I managed to get into town for a few bits, and also got some record cards so I can make some flash cards to help with remembering things I am going to be studying :)

I had a text earlier to from my SW consultant asking why I wasn't at group and if I was struggling did I need any help and she would love to see me back there, it's only 2 sessions I have missed.....but I replied to her ad said I would be back there next Saturday :)

Food wise today hasn't been great , but it hasn't been ''overly'' bad either ....I did have a nice pizza for dinner though :D
pizza 9.1.16.jpg

Am going to Asda tomorrow at some point to get a ''bit'' of food shopping.
Have also got a large joint of beef defrosting which am hoping will cook in the slow cooker and be ready for Dinner early tomorrow evening

Turned out a good/productive day in the end !

Back