Denn you have done a lot of work today and everything looks so perfectly organised!

Thanks Mini :), I have finished sulking now and pulled myself together!:D 50 certainly is the new 40!.....I certainly don't feel like I am going to be 50:)
Age is only a number after all...if you live to be a 100 which is very possible, it is better to look back and say you gave it a go and did your best regardless of how it turns out, rather than being full of regret...who knows where you might be in the next five years...you could be living the dream!:D

Denn you have done a lot of work today and everything looks so perfectly organised!

Age is only a number after all...if you live to be a 100 which is very possible, it is better to look back and say you gave it a go and did your best regardless of how it turns out, rather than being full of regret...who knows where you might be in the next five years...you could be living the dream!:D

I haven't been *this* organised in a *long* time!:)
I would LOVE to live my dream!:D
Going to give it my best shot , at least IF I fail, it would have been better to have tried and failed than to have never tried at all ...:D

As for ages my mothers Aunt Edie lived to 92 and she swam the English channel in her younger years:eek::)

Also, on another note , there is a woman on a FB group that is really inspiring to me at the moment..... she has just turned 60, has 10 yes 10 children , has been totally into fitness for years and has a body that could be from a 20 something!:eek::D
she also has had a hip replacement and is still very physically active!
she has a Youtube Channel , with 100's of rebounding/exercise videos she has made!
I have done some of them and they are quite challenging and you can really feel your muscles being used :D
Here is one of her videos that I have done :) Also on FB she is one of the most amazing, helpful people I have come across!

Well done Denn..seriously..for giving yourself the shake up you needed...I need to give myself one for sure. You've inspired me to sort out my cupboards and freezer and also roughly plan my meals for the coming week on my new meal fridge planner though so that has to be a step in the right direction!

I also think it's a great idea and you hit the nail on the head above...you need to give it your best shot otherwise you will always be wondering ''what if??'' I'm sure you can do it, if you put your mind to it chick :)

I was the same with my uni course; I'm at least 5 years older than the majority of people doing the Masters, but I am now loving it, have made some fantastic friends and feel like I'm finally doing something for myself, that I enjoy.

You've reminded me that I really need to go through my cupboards and check what's in them as well! I've decided to try out some new exercise to mix things up a bit, and have booked for a class tomorrow morning and a tabata class (of which I am terrified!) for 7am on Tuesday

As for ages my mothers Aunt Edie lived to 92 and she swam the English channel in her younger years:eek::)
Now that is impressive!

Also, on another note , there is a woman on a FB group that is really inspiring to me at the moment..... she has just turned 60, has 10 yes 10 children , has been totally into fitness for years and has a body that could be from a 20 something!:eek::D
she also has had a hip replacement and is still very physically active!

She looks very well...

I spend a lot of time around older people and activity seems to be the key. Even more than weight, though they do tend to go together. You can also tell who are the smokers. If we want a healthy old age, we really do need to work towards it now.

I've decided to try out some new exercise to mix things up a bit, and have booked for a class tomorrow morning and a tabata class (of which I am terrified!) for 7am on Tuesday

I've just started doing tabata on my exercise bike and I love it. I only do 1 set (8 cycles) (4 mins) followed by a 2 min cool down.

:D you go girl this is your year 2016 im so proud of you following your dreams so you have no regrets x

Just caught up with your diary as I've had the flu so haven't been on much.
I love how organised you are...I think it'll help. I always have a weekly planner for my meals etc.
The change of career/studying sounds interesting. It's great that the course was still running and that you can still do it.
Hope you're having a good weekend:)

Yay! Loving the organisation Denn! You are getting back on the right track :) Hope you have had a good day :)

Well done Denn..seriously..for giving yourself the shake up you needed...I need to give myself one for sure. You've inspired me to sort out my cupboards and freezer and also roughly plan my meals for the coming week on my new meal fridge planner though so that has to be a step in the right direction!

I also think it's a great idea and you hit the nail on the head above...you need to give it your best shot otherwise you will always be wondering ''what if??'' I'm sure you can do it, if you put your mind to it chick :)
Thanks Gem :)
Glad I've inspired you too!:)
Yep, I have to at least try :D

I was the same with my uni course; I'm at least 5 years older than the majority of people doing the Masters, but I am now loving it, have made some fantastic friends and feel like I'm finally doing something for myself, that I enjoy.

You've reminded me that I really need to go through my cupboards and check what's in them as well! I've decided to try out some new exercise to mix things up a bit, and have booked for a class tomorrow morning and a tabata class (of which I am terrified!) for 7am on Tuesday
I imagine when I get to the 3 day workshop I will be the oldest one there LOL, everyone else I expect will be in their 20's!:eek::D
and that is what I want to be able to have the chance to do something for me that would be rewarding and enjoyable:)
Good luck with the Tabata! :eek::D hope you don't ache toooo much after!:D

Always love seeing what's inspiring people :) How was your weekend lovely? xx
Hi, my weekend has been good , lots of getting organised :)

Now that is impressive!
She looks very well...
It is!
And she looks great, she posted a video of her 'abs' yesterday-amazing!:eek::D

Oh wow... I love the level of organisation!, you're rocking it xx
Thanks, I am ''trying'' to! :D

I spend a lot of time around older people and activity seems to be the key. Even more than weight, though they do tend to go together. You can also tell who are the smokers. If we want a healthy old age, we really do need to work towards it now.
I've just started doing tabata on my exercise bike and I love it. I only do 1 set (8 cycles) (4 mins) followed by a 2 min cool down.
I think you need to keep busy when older rather than slow right down...
HIIT training is supposed to be very good for building up your fitness quickly :)

:D you go girl this is your year 2016 im so proud of you following your dreams so you have no regrets x
Thanks Chezz:) x

I think what scares me most is that it's a 45 minute class!
Haha, good luck TT :D

Just caught up with your diary as I've had the flu so haven't been on much.
I love how organised you are...I think it'll help. I always have a weekly planner for my meals etc.
The change of career/studying sounds interesting. It's great that the course was still running and that you can still do it.
Hope you're having a good weekend:)
Thanks Laura, I am trying :)

Yay! Loving the organisation Denn! You are getting back on the right track :) Hope you have had a good day :)
Thanks Caz:) I have to really try and make an effort now in whichever way possible:)

Today has been fairly busy!
Have been shopping to Asda and got some stuff for the week :)
Here's a pic of some of my shopping
shopping asda 10.1.16.jpg Also I came across my most favourite mackerel today, it hasn't been around for a while, it's a limited edition and it is back on the shelves, there were 11 tins left so I grabbed the lot :oops:, especially as they were on offer for 75p a tin!:D absolutely LOVE this flavour it's delicious! moroccan mackerel 10.1.16.jpg

Also had my roast beef cooking in the slow cooker, that was lovely too, and loads left, although hubby will keep picking at it :)
nice Roast beef dinner too :)
beef out of SC 10.1.16.jpg roast beef 10.1.16.jpg roast beef dinner 10.1.16.jpg haven't been overly good today, but I'm not bothered , tomorrow is D-Day:D

Have got all my ironing done.
also got all my packed lunch prepared for tomorrow too:)

Bought some bottled water in amongst my shopping, am going to try and incorporate some water in to my body as well as coffee I think, well, am going to try:)
Will take 2 500ml bottles to work and see how I go with that to start...

SO, am all prepared!
Bring the week on!:D
May try and get some pics of my working day tomorrow if I remember/get the chance :)

Loving the organisation and the fresh new diary! :D

Drinking lots of water is a good idea. I definitely eat less on days when I drink the recommended amount, and I can tell when I haven't had enough water, because I get extra hungry.

Anyway, good luck for the week ahead! You definitely look prepared. xx

hi denn
you go girl your back and ready x

Loving the organisation and the fresh new diary! :D

Drinking lots of water is a good idea. I definitely eat less on days when I drink the recommended amount, and I can tell when I haven't had enough water, because I get extra hungry.

Anyway, good luck for the week ahead! You definitely look prepared. xx
Hi GSP:)

Hi Denn,

Popping in to say hi and subscribe to your new diary! Looking very organised and back on track, well done!
Hi !

hi denn
you go girl your back and ready x
Thanks Chezz - hope so :D

Monday 11th January 2016

Firstly am absolutely gutted to hear the news of David Bowies Death :( loved him & his music , and was going to have a tattoo of him on my arm back in October last year by a portrait tattooist in Guernsey, had the date booked , but had to cancel as couldn't quite get all the money together...:(.....will still get it done when I can afford it.....so sad...gutted :( am going to buy his last album though as that looks like it was made knowing he was dying and trying to tell people things in a way.....what a tribute to leave...

On a lighter note I had a good day :)

Breakfast
Kellogs Protein Crunch 35g HEB
Mullerlight & Banana
11.1.16 breakfast.jpg

Lunch
Mackerel in Moroccan sauce with Salad
11.1.16 lunch.jpg 11.1.16 lunch1.jpg

Dinner
2 egg Cheese & Ham & tomato Omlette with salad

11.1.16 dinner.jpg

Snacks
11.1.16 snacks3.jpg 11.1.16 snacks2.jpg 11.1.16 snacks.jpg 11.1.16 snacks1.jpg

leftover beef tomato and babybel light HEA
chocolate scan bran cake 3 syns
also had a SF Jelly 0.5 syns which I mixed the raspberries & blueberries into:)

Came home and did a 2 odd mile walk
11.1.16 MMF.jpg and steps on Fitbit for today 11.1.16 fitbit.jpg

Good day :)
Didn't manage 2 bottles of water though just 1 500ml bottle , it's a start :)
Have made my lunch for tomorrow too:)
Didn't get to study though, not enough time:confused:
So will do that tomorrow and perhaps skip the exercise, shall see ...

Am off to bed now as it's late and have to be up early:(

Back